Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 296 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 547Likes

post #8851 of 8860 Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
For you and anyone else having problems of any sort after the firmware install, try doing a complete Reset of the player. This can sometimes cure weird problems due to stuff left behind by the prior firmware:

1) Remove any disc from the Tray.

2) Save your current settings to a USB stick -- Setup > Device Setup > Settings Management (NOTE: Account/password info is not saved)

3) Erase Persistent Storage -- Setup > Device Setup > Persistent Storage

4) Erase Accounts and Settings -- Setup > Device Setup > Reset Factory Defaults > Erase Accounts and Settings.

5) Turn the player off. While it is off, unplug it from wall power. While it remains unplugged press and hold the Power button on the Front Panel for a few seconds to discharge any residual power. This insures even the lowest levels of the hardware will reboot on the next power up.

6) Plug the player in, and power it back up.

7) Reload your saved settings from the USB stick -- Setup > Device Setup > Settings Management.

8) Power cycle the player once more. Settings are saved as the player powers down.

9) NOTE: You will need to re-enter your User ID & Password credentials for things like Netflix.

10) See if this has fixed your problem.

It should *NOT* be necessary to do a Reset after a firmware install these days. The firmware installer does a form of Reset in the background as part of the install. However, it does no harm to try it, and it MIGHT fix your problem before you spend time trying other diagnostic steps.

Other folks talking about this Netflix/Vudu audio problem here have reported that setting HDMI Audio to LPCM is also a workaround.
--Bob
Hi Bob,

I tired what you suggested and I'm also still having the same issue. I switched the audio out to LPCM and that seems to have resolved the Netflix issue. Haven't had a chance to test VUDU yet. I emailed OPPO about it and they suggested using HDMI 1 for video and HDMI 2 for audio. That ain't gonna happen cause I have a projector and I'm not about to go through the hassle of running a second HDMI line to it. Besides it's kind of a brute force fix for something that's obviously software related.

Thanks very much for the suggestion though. Much appreciated.

Elio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 8860 Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
My Oppo 103D seems to take longer to get to the HOME screen on boot since the firmware update. The TV also flickers as the display mode changes.

Anyone else notice?

Soooo...nobody else noticed.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #8853 of 8860 Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Soooo...nobody else noticed.
I don't have this issue with mine just the no audio with Netflix.
Please inform Oppo on the issue you are having and share their response with us.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #8854 of 8860 Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Updated the software on Saturday. I tried watching something in 3D yesterday and got a message about not being connected to a 3D display. Never had that before the software update. So I just did a power cycle and then the 3D worked.

However, now when I skip around the chapters it studders with each 3D chapter jump. It also didn't do that before. No studdering with chapter jumping in 2D.

I think oppo needs to put this software version back in the oven for a bit longer.
post #8855 of 8860 Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryan View Post
Updated the software on Saturday. I tried watching something in 3D yesterday and got a message about not being connected to a 3D display. Never had that before the software update. So I just did a power cycle and then the 3D worked.

However, now when I skip around the chapters it studders with each 3D chapter jump. It also didn't do that before. No studdering with chapter jumping in 2D.

I think oppo needs to put this software version back in the oven for a bit longer.
Yup, please contact Oppo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #8856 of 8860 Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I didn't get around to installing the beta, and I think I'll hold off on this final release as well. My configuration pushes the envelope enough as it is with my old HDMI ±1.1 receiver in the mix so I'll just wait and see.

(I only have m/c LPCM as an option with Oppo doing the lossless conversion; don't stream or anything, except once in a while via Roku which I now have to feed through Oppo to even get 5.1 audio; I do watch 3D blu-ray every once in a while, but only directly connected to tv (split a/v); forced 1080p/24 thru the receiver works, but it has to be forced; etc. Don't use Apple TV enough to know whether my only getting stereo the last couple times I played with it is that same situation as with Roku... my ISP was doing fine for a while, but now they've clogged up the pipe, so I can't stream directv any more (so I am going to pester them again about my speeds in a few weeks if that persists (I'm paying them enough for upgraded service I shouldn't be having any problem with simple 1080i (or even 1080p for that matter))), plus haven't checked Roku lately come to think of it (and maybe Apple TV is same situation?)).
post #8857 of 8860 Old Today, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received update today 83-0715, this IS NOT the bata.
post #8858 of 8860 Old Today, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quick question. Is anyone using a wireless USB keyboard with this player? I'd like to add one, but wanted to find out if folks have had good luck with it first before I go out and buy one.
post #8859 of 8860 Old Today, 03:23 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1909 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
Quick question. Is anyone using a wireless USB keyboard with this player? I'd like to add one, but wanted to find out if folks have had good luck with it first before I go out and buy one.
I bought a no-name kb from Walmart and it worked.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #8860 of 8860 Old Today, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecchine View Post
I received update today 83-0715, this IS NOT the bata.

NOT THE BATA!

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread