Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 310 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 633Likes

post #9271 of 9272 Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Yea I have the UDP-205 and I still prefer the picture from my BDP-103D with Darbee activated for watching blu-rays on a 1080P TV; the other option is to get a standalone Darbee unit, which I did for other reasons. For audio I prefer the UDP-205 so I sold the BDP-105 but kept my BDP-103D.

"glittering prizes and endless compromises..."

51" Samsung F8500 Plasma & 60" Panasonic ST60 Plasma for Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 9272 Old 09-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 32
This one goes to bob
1-It’s an inf about 2 oppos\ 103&105d
2-Although it concerns 10x series it can also maybe usefull for the 203– that’s why I’m puting this here the appropriated forum

theme: I think I discovered one possible cause\solution for the lip sinc issue
with 24 sources using bitstream and 2 cable conection in the 203

I discovered that using av split (at least with all my 4k hdr sony tvs other don’t know) would introduce issues in the tvs leading them to a non resp almost freezing state needing a reeboot & also stoping these oppos (or any other uhd) if & when pressing the info (about sources bit etc\in\out) on the remote and at the same time Av reciver in tuned to any oppo. **(or other uhd player)
The important thing arrived ***when I tried
1-Av split but choosing on the receiver the tv audio input (audio from tv from spdiff optical\ the drc is bloked by me on all tv etc and hdmi stupid aut functions all also turned off in tvs and players*Spdiff audio from tv does the job without any inconvenienes and the same limits (as far till hdmi 2.0 concerns): only losy dolby or dts till 5.1 (so no different from drc capabilities till the 2.0 hdmi revision)
2- No Av spliting
both without issues: chosing in the reciver the oppo hdmi or the tv as sources

Same behavior with uhd panasonic 900 **\***
Resul the important conclusion
Some how if the primary hdmi out doesn’t carry any audio that carries an issue
That affect the tvs1 (no matter the resolution sended by players being 2k or 4k)
The point is (although 203 only sends a fake 2k video to allow audio being carried so not completely as for a complete comparison experiment) maybe that’s generating the audio issue for bitstream tru the 203 audio only hdmi out hdmi
When using 2 cable conection
One way to confirm this would be
1-chosing The same Av spliting in oppo menu but not chosing the oppo hdmi as the source on the receiver. Instead chosing the tv as the audio from optical or coax in the reciever-That way oppo will act as one cable only
That would be a sort of workaround (the other is as we know chosing pcm)
If no issue with lipsync then the solution is quite simple :
Oppo (in this case) can fix the issue completly by simply allowing some sort of mono or simple stereo audio tru the main hdmi 1 out hdmi

As far as 10x goes only this (by simply allowing some sort of mono or simple stereo audio tru the main hdmi 1 out hdmi) could be done also.

1-I can only speek about sony 4k hdr tvs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hdmi set in.pdf (95.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Nando64; 09-11-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page