Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 1023
It could simply be that there's a temporary bottleneck in you networking, so that it's just coincidence which tests are going through "at speed" and which are slow.

In the OPPO, you can use Setup > Network Setup > IP Setting > Manual to enter 1 or 2 DNS server addresses. Normally this just points to your house network's router, but you can enter different server addresses (from Google or from OpenDNS for example) to override the router. Note that if you use Manual, then ALL the network values in the OPPO get fixed to what's in there. That means you need to make sure your router doesn't mistakenly re-issue the IP address of the player to some other device. You can do that either by picking a bigger number than the router is likely to use -- e.g., 192,168.1.99 where the router normally issues addresses ending in smaller numbers such as .2 through .20. Or you can find the place in the router where you can RESERVE an IP address for use by the OPPO -- identified by the MAC address (hardware networking ID of the OPPO). The MAC addresses for the OPPO (one for ethernet and one for Wifi) are found in Setup > Network Setup > Connection Info.

Meanwhile the router will have its own configuration settings for how it gets onto the Internet -- typically using DHCP to do that automatically, but perhaps you've previously set values in there. How you get to the router's configuration settings depends on the router. Some present that as a web page you can access via your web browser by typing in the numerical IP address of the router -- something like 192.1681.1

Another problem we've had reported here is where folks are mixing Gigabit speed and normal speed Ethernet gear and have not properly turned on "flow control" in that gear. What happens is that the higher speed parts overrun the slower parts on the house network, leading to resends. No data is lost (because of the resends) but the network throughput gets clobbered. Wifi gear always has "flow control" so the symptom would be that things hooked up via Ethernet are getting POORER performance than things hooked up by Wifi.

Diagnosing network problems can be a chore.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, Bob. I'm going to try testing again in the morning and see what kind of results I get then. I'm assuming this issue with Netflix is most likely a problem with my internet or network rather than with the 103D so hopefully I can get it sorted out.
post #1263 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Read the FAQ!

The algorithm used by Netflix to decide what rate to stream is sensitive to the SUSTAINED rate of throughput. I.e., if your in house or internet network speed is bouncing up and down, the Netflix app -- much more so than say VUDU -- will get scared and decide to only send you a lower rate stream. And then it takes it a while to get over its nervousness. So if throughput overruns, or interference from neighbor's Wifi setups, or glitches in your internet service due to them doing testing are causing your speed to bop up and down -- even though the speed is "fast" most of the time -- the Netflix app will be timid and send a slow rate stream.

It appears the Netflix app in the PS3 is simply less timid.

There are also a bunch of people (like me) who believe Netflix is giving PS3 users preferential access to servers that are not as heavily loaded…..
--Bob
Brandon B and lanping09 like this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #1264 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

The algorithm used by Netflix to decide what rate to stream is sensitive to the SUSTAINED rate of throughput. I.e., if your in house or internet network speed is bouncing up and down, the Netflix app -- much more so than say VUDU -- will get scared and decide to only send you a lower rate stream. And then it takes it a while to get over its nervousness. So if throughput overruns, or interference from neighbor's Wifi setups, or glitches in your internet service due to them doing testing are causing your speed to bop up and down -- even though the speed is "fast" most of the time -- the Netflix app will be timid and send a slow rate stream.

It appears the Netflix app in the PS3 is simply less timid.

There are also a bunch of people (like me) who believe Netflix is giving PS3 users preferential access to servers that are not as heavily loaded…..
--Bob

Makes perfect sense, Bob. I re-tested the Netflix streaming again at 2am last night and was able to get 1080 HD so it's not a problem with the player itself which is good to know. Thanks again for all of your help. cool.gif
post #1265 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi guys, does it make sense that my old Sony DVD player had a fuller sound with more pronounced bass when playing CDs than my new 103D? I'm using optical because I have an older denon receiver (4802R). The sound does seem a little clearer, but it's the fullness that seems different to me. Can someone tell me their exact settings on their oppo for stereo music so I can make sure I'm not missing something? Also, I think I asked this before, but can anyone who is using analog audio cables tell me what cables they are using? Im going to switch to analog, but not sure what cables to get. Thanks guys.
post #1266 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Hi guys, does it make sense that my old Sony DVD player had a fuller sound with more pronounced bass when playing CDs than my new 103D? I'm using optical because I have an older denon receiver (4802R). The sound does seem a little clearer, but it's the fullness that seems different to me. Can someone tell me their exact settings on their oppo for stereo music so I can make sure I'm not missing something? Also, I think I asked this before, but can anyone who is using analog audio cables tell me what cables they are using? Im going to switch to analog, but not sure what cables to get. Thanks guys.
If you are using an optical cable to connect your Oppo to the Denon AVR, you are merely using the Oppo as a transport for spinning the CD discs and the Denon's settings are what determines how it all sounds. So the settings for Audio in the Oppo have no effect when using any kind of digital output and settings in the Denon, such as Audyssey, Pure, Direct, etc. are what is controlling the sound. Likewise, you are not using the Crystal Logic DAC in the Oppo, but rather the DAC (Burr Brown?) in the Denon which may be better, worse or the same quality-wise as the DAC in the Oppo. Did you change any of the settings on your Denon when you connected the Oppo to it compared to the Sony DVD player? That is where I would look first. Good luck!wink.gif
post #1267 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Thanks redbeemer, I will try to make some more adjustments with the denon, but it seems very limited when it comes to tweaking. So will I be using the crystal logic DAC in the oppo when I switch over to analog stereo and 5.1? Do you think the crystal logic DAC and or switching to analog will "improve" the overall sound quality? Thanks again.
post #1268 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:

--Bob

I'm sorry Bob but I simply don't buy this theory. I've being using netflix now on the 103 for over a week since I got the player and it sees the same 5800kbps super HD stream as my tivo or ps3. It's never once dropped below that.
David Susilo likes this.
post #1269 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ If the server you are connecting to is not overloaded, priority doesn't come into play.
--Bob

post #1270 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 429
At least in Canada, when I can't login using my PS3, I can always use my AppleTV or Oppo 103 to login to Netflix.
lanping09 likes this.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #1271 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

I'm sorry Bob but I simply don't buy this theory. I've being using netflix now on the 103 for over a week since I got the player and it sees the same 5800kbps super HD stream as my tivo or ps3. It's never once dropped below that.

I wish I had your setup and whatever makes it special. I have a 30 down/5 up broadband connection from Time Warner, and I can only get a consistent 1080p stream during off-peak hours.
post #1272 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Must be area dependent then because I use Rogers 20/2 and I get SuperHD all the time with the exception for the occassional weekend nights.

my home theatre

post #1273 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there an easy way to embed poster art to .mkv files? On WDTV as long the jpg file has the same file name as the mkv, it will automatically be used as the poster file for the .mkv.

my home theatre

post #1274 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post

I wish I had your setup and whatever makes it special. I have a 30 down/5 up broadband connection from Time Warner, and I can only get a consistent 1080p stream during off-peak hours.

I have a 100mb/s down and 75mb/s up. Its consistent and upgradable to a staggering 1GB/s down ... But that's simply too much right now. My ISP was one of the first to provide netflix open connect, but that is no longer a factor now.
post #1275 of 6067 Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Must be area dependent then because I use Rogers 20/2 and I get SuperHD all the time with the exception for the occassional weekend nights.

I also have my suspicions regarding Time Warner and traffic shaping. Unfortunately, my AirPort Extreme, while a great router in terms of performance, doesn't allow me to configure it to use a VPN.

This is another reason why I'm considering building an HTPC. Supposedly, you can force the Windows 8 Netflix app to stream in HD.
post #1276 of 6067 Old 11-20-2013, 05:55 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Is there an easy way to embed poster art to .mkv files? On WDTV as long the jpg file has the same file name as the mkv, it will automatically be used as the poster file for the .mkv.

The separate file technique won't work, and I don't recall testing art in MKV at all, or hearing of reports.

Gracenote will try to look up art and info for media files, but it does so by file name, which can produce amusing results.

For MP3 files the player supports ID3V2 "PIC" tags for embedded cover art. MKV has a generalized attachment facility using MIME types, but I have never tested it, and I'm guessing "no" on the OPPO.

Triwizard Cup and eternal glory to whoever shows I'm wrong.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #1277 of 6067 Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Thanks redbeemer, I will try to make some more adjustments with the denon, but it seems very limited when it comes to tweaking. So will I be using the crystal logic DAC in the oppo when I switch over to analog stereo and 5.1? Do you think the crystal logic DAC and or switching to analog will "improve" the overall sound quality? Thanks again.
That is difficult to say since I am not sure which DAC is used in that model Denon. Since it is one of the higher end Denon's, I suspect it has pretty good DAC's in it as I have three Denon's and they all have good DAC's. I guess about all I can say for sure is that it may sound different and you will have to determine if that different sound is better. However, please be aware that if you send analog audio to the Denon from the Oppo, you will lose the digital processing in the Denon, the most important being the Audyssey room correction and any other DSP functions you have set in the Denon. All audio settings such as distance, speaker levels, etc. will have to be entered into the Oppo, but you still won't have the filters of the Audyssey which mostly affect the low frequencies, so if your room has any real peaks or nulls in the bass region, you will lose the ability to fix those by going analog. I would still suggest that you check your current settings in the Denon to see if there is something you have overlooked or need to adjust; however, running the analog from the Oppo to the Denon won't cost you anything but a bit of time and if you like it better, great! If not, then you can always go back to using the Denon for sound processing.
post #1278 of 6067 Old 11-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just connected my Directv HDDVR thru my 103D and do notice a nice improvement with darbee! Does the 103D have a through mode for those times I just want to watch for a few minutes without firing up the whole system? Went thru 103D menus and couldn't find any mention of this. THX as usual! Bill smile.gif
post #1279 of 6067 Old 11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingramba View Post

Just connected my Directv HDDVR thru my 103D and do notice a nice improvement with darbee! Does the 103D have a through mode for those times I just want to watch for a few minutes without firing up the whole system? Went thru 103D menus and couldn't find any mention of this. THX as usual! Bill smile.gif

You mean a pass-thru when the player is off? It doesn't do that.

-Bill
David Susilo and lanping09 like this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
post #1280 of 6067 Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

You mean a pass-thru when the player is off? It doesn't do that.

-Bill

Thx! That's exactly what I was looking for. No big deal, just realized I can watch DTV thru my ipad for those quick news fixes in the morning! smile.gif
post #1281 of 6067 Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

The separate file technique won't work, and I don't recall testing art in MKV at all, or hearing of reports.

Gracenote will try to look up art and info for media files, but it does so by file name, which can produce amusing results.

For MP3 files the player supports ID3V2 "PIC" tags for embedded cover art. MKV has a generalized attachment facility using MIME types, but I have never tested it, and I'm guessing "no" on the OPPO.

Triwizard Cup and eternal glory to whoever shows I'm wrong.

-Bill

Just contacted Oppo, possibly the following FW upgrade after the one coming up will handle poster art a'la WDTV cool.gif

my home theatre

post #1282 of 6067 Old 11-21-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingramba View Post

That's why when I read that the new Darblet 5100 has the same algorithm as the original, I bought a used 5000 from Cleveland Plasma instead for a nice price. I inserted that between the AVR that has pass through and the display. I enjoy it just having my DirecTV receiver on without having to fire everything else up.
ingramba likes this.
post #1283 of 6067 Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Release date: November 21, 2013
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-67-1120B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), , MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D)
Special Notice:

1. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. Due to the extensive changes in this major firmware update, it is required that the user performs a "Reset Factory Defaults" operation after the firmware is installed. Please write down your special settings before doing this, and remember to re-apply your settings and adjust the proper volume level (if applicable) before you play any content. You may experience stability issues if this step is not performed.
3. Even though this firmware provided some functionality similar to a pre-amplifier, we would recommend you to use it very carefully when connecting the Multi-channel or Stereo audio outputs directly to your amplifier and speakers.
4.This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android media control applications. which add new features like SMB access, album art display, media category support, and the ability to share information to mainstream social network websites. The MediaControlHD V2.0 (for iPad and iPad mini) is already in the Apple Store, another version for the iPhone, as well as the corresponding Android app, will be available shortly.

Release Notes:

1. Added "Power On Volume" and "Maximum Volume" selections for the Multi-channel and Stereo (BDP-105 only) audio outputs. Both selections are available at the Setup Menu -> Audio Processing.
2. Added "Power On Input" selection which allows the customer to decide which input source to be used upon the player powers on. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Playback Setup.
3. Added "Settings Management" selection which allows the customer to backup or restore the player settings. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Device Setup. A USB flash drive is required for this purpose, and the backup file is encrypted to only allow access from the OPPO Technical Support.
4. Added "4Kx2K Output" selection to facilitate the 4K resolution upscaling and output to a 4K-compatible TV/projector. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Video Setup.
5. Added "Auto" mode when deciding the SACD output audio format. This mode is available at the Setup Menu -> Audio Format Setup -> SACD Output.
6. Added the support for automatic file and folder sorting when accessing SMB servers. The files and folders are now sorted in the alphabetic order.
7. Added the support for MKV file with PGS subtitle.
8. Added the Zooming capability to the video content sent through the HDMI IN ports.
9. Upgraded the "CinemaNow" and "Youtube Leanback" applications.
10. Improved the support of CUE playlist, now a single CUE file could point to multiple music files in the same folder.
11. Resolved a frame rate decoding error for 24Hz video files. Customers reported that after upgrading to BDP10X-58-0917 firmware, many MKV, M2TS and TS files which were 23.976Hz were decoded as 29.970Hz. This issue has resolved.
12. Resolved an incorrect audio Downmix issue on the Stereo audio outputs (BDP-105 only). Customers reported that after setting the "Stereo Signal" to "Front Left/Right", they could heard those surround channel audio from the dedicated Stereo audio outputs. This issue has been resolved
13. Resolved a visible streaking issue observed on the BDP-103D player. Customers reported that after turning on the Darbee processing, they could see streaks or straps in the background details, which became more obvious after increasing the Darbee level or switching to Full-Pop mode. This is caused by the mismatched rounding algorithms when passing video signal between the embedded Darbee video processor and the following OPPO video module. This issue has been resolved in the beta release.
14. Resolved a resume playback failure on Youtube. Customers reported that if they attempted to resume the play of a stream after pausing it for like 10 minutes, the playback picked up then stalled after a few seconds. This issue has been resolved.
15. Resolved a multi-channel DSD support issue in the Dual Display mode. Customers reported in this mode, if they connected the HDMI 1 Out to a TV and the HDMI 2 Out to a DSD-capable receiver, then the receiver could only recognize the Front Left and Front Right channels even the players were reading a multi-channel SACD. This issue has been resolved.
16. For the BDP-103D player, this firmware added three commands (QDB, SDB and DRB) to the RS-232 protocol for Darbee control, it also provided finer control over the Darbee level adjustment (in 1% step size).
17. Added an experimental feature of "Gapless Playback". Currently this feature only works for WAV and APE music files, and can be enabled in the music file navigation interface by pressing the OPTION button then selecting the "Gapless playback" choice. In the Gapless mode, you may use the buttons like PAUSE, PLAY, STOP, NEXT and PREV, but not REV and FWD. This feature is still under development and may be improved in the next firmware releases.
18. Resolved the compatibility issue with some DVD/BD blank discs. Customers reported that their self-burnt DVD or BD discs failed to load and play on the OPPO players, samples include Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5G and BD-R DL 50GB blank discs. This firmware upgraded the software driver for disc loader and resolved this issue.
19. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

Neuromancer's Note: Although not listed in the Release Notes (an obvious oversight) I can confirm that the DVD-Audio issue where after 10 seconds all you hear is white noise has been resolved. This mainly affected stereo 24-bit/96KHz or 192KHz DVD-Audio titles such as Elvis 30 #1 Hits.
lanping09 likes this.
post #1284 of 6067 Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Friends

Is it possible for the HDMI inputs on 103D to accept bitstream instead of PCM from another player?

I am connecting a media player to HDMI In Back. I hope Oppo can consider it.

Thanks
post #1285 of 6067 Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexS View Post

Friends

Is it possible for the HDMI inputs on 103D to accept bitstream instead of PCM from another player?

I am connecting a media player to HDMI In Back. I hope Oppo can consider it.

Thanks

No, must be PCM or lossy DTS/Dolby. See the FAQ: What are the specs of the digital inputs?

Make your needs known to OPPO directly; they may not see your request here.

-Bill
lanping09 likes this.

post #1286 of 6067 Old 11-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Read the FAQ!

The "artifact" bug fix for when Darbee is enabled is a big deal. If you've previously tried Darbee in the 103D and decided you didn't like it, you should check again. As before, if you are looking for a "Set and Forget" Darbee setting, stick with lower percentage values that will work well across a wider range of content quality. If you prefer to tweak things on the fly, then you will undoubtedly find some content that tolerates higher percentages well.

My recommendation for "Set and Forget" Darbee settings remains:

Hi-Def 35%
Full Pop 30%

Very high Darbee percentage settings will look bizarre and annoying to most people -- i.e., obviously too "processed". How high is "too high" typically depends on the quality of the source content. Better quality source content will tolerate higher Darbee percentage values.

My other recommendation also holds: Hi-Def is the best choice when using Darbee with HD content. Full Pop is the best choice when using Darbee with SD content.

It also still holds true that for most ACCURATE rendering of ANY content you should turn Darbee OFF. Darbee is video processing, which by definition is a step away from "accurate". What distinguishes Darbee from many types of "video enhancement" processing out there is that (1) it doesn't screw up your video calibration, and (2) the result is "pleasing" to many people, with the BEST results coming if the content (be it HD or SD) is "high quality" to begin with.
--Bob

post #1287 of 6067 Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Read the FAQ!

When Gapless Playback mode is engaged you will see "Gapless Play" above the timeline on the Music playback screen.

If you are like me, there will come a point when you forget that you have to SELECT Gapless Play when you start the desired track playing -- i.e., by using the Option button. I spent a whole evening trying to figure out why Gapless had stopped working for some of my files before it dawned on me that I had -- by habit -- started them playing normally, instead of using the Option button to select Gapless play.

Gapless is an "Option" at this point, rather than the default, first because it is experimental, second because it applies only to certain file types, and third, because it limits which playback controls are available.

When Gapless Playback is engaged, the transition to the next track will only BE Gapless if the next track is IDENTICAL in audio format -- same file type, same number of channels, same data rate. Gapless Playback will "look ahead" to the next track, and if it doesn't match, then the transition into that track will still happen, but it will be "normal" -- with a startup gap.

While Gapless Playback is engaged, Rewind and Fast Forward are not available -- not for any Rewind or Fast Forward speed. HOWEVER, Go To *IS* still available!

Press Go To, use the Left/Right arrow keys to select a portion of the time counter, use Up/Down arrows to change that to the desired time value, and press Enter to jump to that time in the track.

At the moment there may still be some slight differences in behavior between how Track Back and Track Forward work for Gapless Playback compared to normal playback.
--Bob

post #1288 of 6067 Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 AM
Read the FAQ!

If you have the Analog Volume set to FIXED you will get Volume 100, even if the Power On Volume and/or Max Volume settings are lower.

Changing from VARIABLE to FIXED changes the Volume to 100. Changing from FIXED to VARIABLE leaves the Volume unchanged (i.e., stays 100) unless Max Volume is lower than 100 -- in which case the Volume changes to Max Volume.

For added safety, the player will now display the current Analog Volume setting (or Output Volume: Fixed) on-screen at power up. That info will display for a while to give you a good chance to spot it, then go away on its own.

The new Power On Input setting gives you a choice of Blu-ray Player or Last Input.

If you normally use the Blu-ray Player, you can still leave that setting as Last Input. I.e., Last Input works even if you were using Blu-ray Player at power down as that "last input".

For SACD Output, the "DSD" choice is still there in addition to the new "AUTO" choice. They differ a bit in behavior (if you have devices on the HDMI outputs that can not accept HDMI DSD). See the on-screen help text for those two choices for details. I.e., move the cursor over each choice and see the descriptive text that comes up at the bottom of the screen.

It also still remains the case that you can set HDMI Audio OFF as a way to have the player ignore whether the connected HDMI output devices can accept HDMI DSD Input -- i.e., as a method to get DSD to go to the DACs for the Analog outputs.
--Bob

post #1289 of 6067 Old 11-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good Job.....Now I see real advantages of 103D over 103...
post #1290 of 6067 Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

The "artifact" bug fix for when Darbee is enabled is a big deal. If you've previously tried Darbee in the 103D and decided you didn't like it, you should check again. As before, if you are looking for a "Set and Forget" Darbee setting, stick with lower percentage values that will work well across a wider range of content quality. If you prefer to tweak things on the fly, then you will undoubtedly find some content that tolerates higher percentages well

It is really great news that this fix in included in the latest beta firmware instead of a future one as was once suggested would be the case. It is really hard to judge the Darbee fairly with the streaking going on.

Can't wait to update and put the 103D through its paces over the weekend. And as you say, since this version can be easily set back to the previous one, there's no reason even a frightened "wait for the official release" cats like myself shouldn't at least give it a try.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page