Release date: November 21, 2013
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-67-1120B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), , MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D)
1. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive
. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. Due to the extensive changes in this major firmware update, it is required that the user performs a "Reset Factory Defaults" operation after the firmware is installed.
Please write down your special settings before doing this, and remember to re-apply your settings and adjust the proper volume level (if applicable) before you play any content. You may experience stability issues if this step is not performed.
3. Even though this firmware provided some functionality similar to a pre-amplifier, we would recommend you to use it very carefully when connecting the Multi-channel or Stereo audio outputs directly to your amplifier and speakers.
4.This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android media control applications. which add new features like SMB access, album art display, media category support, and the ability to share information to mainstream social network websites. The MediaControlHD V2.0 (for iPad and iPad mini) is already in the Apple Store, another version for the iPhone, as well as the corresponding Android app, will be available shortly.
1. Added "Power On Volume" and "Maximum Volume" selections for the Multi-channel and Stereo (BDP-105 only) audio outputs. Both selections are available at the Setup Menu -> Audio Processing.
2. Added "Power On Input" selection which allows the customer to decide which input source to be used upon the player powers on. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Playback Setup.
3. Added "Settings Management" selection which allows the customer to backup or restore the player settings. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Device Setup. A USB flash drive is required for this purpose, and the backup file is encrypted to only allow access from the OPPO Technical Support.
4. Added "4Kx2K Output" selection to facilitate the 4K resolution upscaling and output to a 4K-compatible TV/projector. This selection is available at the Setup Menu -> Video Setup.
5. Added "Auto" mode when deciding the SACD output audio format. This mode is available at the Setup Menu -> Audio Format Setup -> SACD Output.
6. Added the support for automatic file and folder sorting when accessing SMB servers. The files and folders are now sorted in the alphabetic order.
7. Added the support for MKV file with PGS subtitle.
8. Added the Zooming capability to the video content sent through the HDMI IN ports.
9. Upgraded the "CinemaNow" and "Youtube Leanback" applications.
10. Improved the support of CUE playlist, now a single CUE file could point to multiple music files in the same folder.
11. Resolved a frame rate decoding error for 24Hz video files. Customers reported that after upgrading to BDP10X-58-0917 firmware, many MKV, M2TS and TS files which were 23.976Hz were decoded as 29.970Hz. This issue has resolved.
12. Resolved an incorrect audio Downmix issue on the Stereo audio outputs (BDP-105 only). Customers reported that after setting the "Stereo Signal" to "Front Left/Right", they could heard those surround channel audio from the dedicated Stereo audio outputs. This issue has been resolved13. Resolved a visible streaking issue observed on the BDP-103D player. Customers reported that after turning on the Darbee processing, they could see streaks or straps in the background details, which became more obvious after increasing the Darbee level or switching to Full-Pop mode. This is caused by the mismatched rounding algorithms when passing video signal between the embedded Darbee video processor and the following OPPO video module. This issue has been resolved in the beta release.
14. Resolved a resume playback failure on Youtube. Customers reported that if they attempted to resume the play of a stream after pausing it for like 10 minutes, the playback picked up then stalled after a few seconds. This issue has been resolved.
15. Resolved a multi-channel DSD support issue in the Dual Display mode. Customers reported in this mode, if they connected the HDMI 1 Out to a TV and the HDMI 2 Out to a DSD-capable receiver, then the receiver could only recognize the Front Left and Front Right channels even the players were reading a multi-channel SACD. This issue has been resolved.
16. For the BDP-103D player, this firmware added three commands (QDB, SDB and DRB) to the RS-232 protocol for Darbee control, it also provided finer control over the Darbee level adjustment (in 1% step size).
17. Added an experimental feature of "Gapless Playback". Currently this feature only works for WAV and APE music files, and can be enabled in the music file navigation interface by pressing the OPTION button then selecting the "Gapless playback" choice. In the Gapless mode, you may use the buttons like PAUSE, PLAY, STOP, NEXT and PREV, but not REV and FWD. This feature is still under development and may be improved in the next firmware releases.
18. Resolved the compatibility issue with some DVD/BD blank discs. Customers reported that their self-burnt DVD or BD discs failed to load and play on the OPPO players, samples include Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5G and BD-R DL 50GB blank discs. This firmware upgraded the software driver for disc loader and resolved this issue.
19. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
Neuromancer's Note: Although not listed in the Release Notes (an obvious oversight) I can confirm that the DVD-Audio issue where after 10 seconds all you hear is white noise has been resolved. This mainly affected stereo 24-bit/96KHz or 192KHz DVD-Audio titles such as Elvis 30 #1 Hits.