Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Two questions.

1) What is the UE for switching among the player as a bluray player, the player with its built in streaming services, a connected Roku stick, and a connected additional device (eg cable box)? Is it basically like switching between 4 inputs on a receiver (or 3 if the inbuilt streaming services are in the bluray play menus)? Or are they all somehow integrated in a menu structure?

2) I'm interested in a region free 103D. Would appreciate any feedback folks have on positive/negative buying experiences from some of the sites I've found online. PM is fine if you'd rather not post publicly.

TIA.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Maybe this will settle the Netflix argument. I sent an email to Oppo about Netlfix quality on the 103D and received the following reply.
Quote:
The internet connection to the BDP-103D, via wifi or ethernet is very slow. I tested this with the Netflix test file, "Example Short 23.976," which shows a download speed of 350 kbs on the BDP-103D, while an Apple TV in the same location shows over 5000 kbs on wifi. This makes Netflix really blurry. I have the latest firmware and tried a factory reset to no avail.

Reply from Oppo
Quote:
The issue is that Netflix, during peak hours, will throttle the connection between their service and our player. We have confirmed similar results using Comcast at several employee's houses were the BDP-103, Roku Box, and other devices are receiving sub-HD streams, but devices such as the PS3 and the Apple TV receiver SuperHD streams. The same player on another network, such as the network at out corporate office, shows no discrepancy in the performance of the player on and off peak hours.

We are working with Netflix to get this issue resolved either in a change in our API or in their backend.
empcesar likes this.
post #2403 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Two questions.

1) What is the UE for switching among the player as a bluray player, the player with its built in streaming services, a connected Roku stick, and a connected additional device (eg cable box)? Is it basically like switching between 4 inputs on a receiver (or 3 if the inbuilt streaming services are in the bluray play menus)? Or are they all somehow integrated in a menu structure?

2) I'm interested in a region free 103D. Would appreciate any feedback folks have on positive/negative buying experiences from some of the sites I've found online. PM is fine if you'd rather not post publicly.

TIA.

For the first question: There's an Input button on the remote. Press that and an on-screen pop-up appears to select the Input you want to use next. Do that again to go back to "normal" Blu-ray player operation. For programmable remotes, the two button sequence Input-digit will directly select that line in the pop-up. I.e., Input-1 is "Blu-ray Player".

For power-up, you have the choice of the player always coming up as Blu-ray Player, or coming up on the Last Used Input when it was powered down (which might also be Blu-ray Player).
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #2404 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 10:29 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

With 4K Output set to "Forced" it really shouldn't be a handshake problem. Perhaps your display was simply reporting the wrong thing for its input?

If it happens again, bring up the on-screen Info display on the OPPO, then use Page Up/Down on the remote to change what's displayed in the bottom line of that. You'll get info on what the OPPO is sending out on each HDMI output.
--Bob

Thanks. That's valuable info for me.
post #2405 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 AM

Liked: 10
help please set Oppo 103d Darbee showed that he is crystal clear with no snow and the sound of a film

my plasma Panasonic 65VT60 worth calibration mode of D-Nice 2013

Picture in dark places

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Picture Mode: Pro
Contrast: 60
Brightness: +6
Color: 47
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0
Color Temp: Warm2 (Тёплый)
Vivid Color: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
MPEG NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off

Pro Settings

Panel Brightness: Mid
AGC: 0
Black Extension: 0
Color Gamut: Rec. 709

W/B Detail Adjustment
W/B High R: -3
W/B High G: 0
W/B High B:3
W/B Low R: 0
W/B Low G: 0
W/B Low B: 0

(W/B) More Detail Adjustment
10 W/B R: 7
10 W/B G: 0
10 W/B B: 21

20 W/B R: 5
20 W/B G: 0
20 W/B B: -2

30 W/B R: -1
30 W/B G: 0
30 W/B B: -17

40 W/B R: -3
40 W/B G: 0
40 W/B B: -12

50 W/B R: -5
50 W/B G: 0
50 W/B B: -16

60 W/B R: -7
60 W/B G: 0
60 W/B B: -14

70 W/B R: -12
70 W/B G: 0
70 W/B B: -16

80 W/B R: -11
80 W/B G: 0
80 W/B B: -15

90 W/B R: -10
90 W/B G: 0
90 W/B B: -11

100 W/B R: -21
100 W/B G: 0
100 W/B B: -11

Color Detail Adjustment
R-Hue: 4
R-Sat: -3
R-Lum: -6

G-Hue: 15
G-Sat: 13
G-Lum: 0

B-Hue: 1
B-Sat: 1
B-Lum: -5

Fine Adjustment
c-hue: 3
c-sat: -1
c-lum: 4
m-hue: 3
m-sat: 1
m-lum: -9
y-hue: -3
y-sat: -1
y-lum: 1

Gamma Detail Adjustment
Gamma: 2.4

(Gamma) More Detail Adjustment
10 Gain: -35
20 Gain: -12
30 Gain: 1
40 Gain: 7
50 Gain: 6
60 Gain: 8
70 Gain: 5
80 Gain: 3
90 Gain: 0
100 Gain: 0

what options are there to put a calibration mode of the D-Nice

Picture Adjustment

Brightness - ?

Contrast - ?

Hue - ?

Saturation - ?

Noise Reduction - ?

Darbee Mode - Hi-Def

Darbee Level - ?

Demo Mode - ?

Detail Enhancement - ?

Edge Enhancement - ?

Video Smoothing - ?

Please help local professionals in this
only watch Blu-Ray
You can answer in private messages

post #2406 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

Two questions.

In addition to what Bob said, the streaming services are selected from the Home menu when the player is on the Bluray input. So it would be like your description of switching between 3 inputs on a receiver (Bluray, Roku, and Cable Box) and then selecting the streaming services within the Bluray player Home menu.
post #2407 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid34 View Post

help please set Oppo 103d Darbee showed that he is crystal clear with no snow and the sound of a film

my plasma Panasonic 65VT60 worth calibration mode of D-Nice 2013

Picture in dark places Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Picture Mode: Pro

Contrast: 60

Brightness: +6

Color: 47

Tint: 0

Sharpness: 0

Color Temp: Warm2 (Тёплый)

Vivid Color: Off

C.A.T.S: Off

Video NR: Off

MPEG NR: Off

Motion Smoother: Off
Pro Settings
Panel Brightness: Mid

AGC: 0

Black Extension: 0

Color Gamut: Rec. 709
W/B Detail Adjustment

W/B High R: -3

W/B High G: 0

W/B High B:3

W/B Low R: 0

W/B Low G: 0

W/B Low B: 0
(W/B) More Detail Adjustment

10 W/B R: 7

10 W/B G: 0

10 W/B B: 21
20 W/B R: 5

20 W/B G: 0

20 W/B B: -2
30 W/B R: -1

30 W/B G: 0

30 W/B B: -17
40 W/B R: -3

40 W/B G: 0

40 W/B B: -12
50 W/B R: -5

50 W/B G: 0

50 W/B B: -16
60 W/B R: -7

60 W/B G: 0

60 W/B B: -14
70 W/B R: -12

70 W/B G: 0

70 W/B B: -16
80 W/B R: -11

80 W/B G: 0

80 W/B B: -15
90 W/B R: -10

90 W/B G: 0

90 W/B B: -11
100 W/B R: -21

100 W/B G: 0

100 W/B B: -11
Color Detail Adjustment

R-Hue: 4

R-Sat: -3

R-Lum: -6
G-Hue: 15

G-Sat: 13

G-Lum: 0
B-Hue: 1

B-Sat: 1

B-Lum: -5
Fine Adjustment

c-hue: 3

c-sat: -1

c-lum: 4

m-hue: 3

m-sat: 1

m-lum: -9

y-hue: -3

y-sat: -1

y-lum: 1

Gamma Detail Adjustment

Gamma: 2.4
(Gamma) More Detail Adjustment

10 Gain: -35

20 Gain: -12

30 Gain: 1

40 Gain: 7

50 Gain: 6

60 Gain: 8

70 Gain: 5

80 Gain: 3

90 Gain: 0

100 Gain: 0
what options are there to put a calibration mode of the D-Nice

Picture Adjustment
Brightness - ?
Contrast - ?
Hue - ?
Saturation - ?
Noise Reduction - ?

Darbee Mode - Hi-Def
Darbee Level - ?
Demo Mode - ?
Detail Enhancement - ?
Edge Enhancement - ?
Video Smoothing - ?

Please help local professionals in this

only watch Blu-Ray

You can answer in private messages

If you are asking about how to use the OPPO 103D while maintaining your calibration on the display, you should have all the OPPO picture settings on the zero/neutral position. Per what I've read, Darbee adjustments do not affect color, contrast, or brightness.
post #2408 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 12:49 PM

just sometimes the content is not very good quality (blu-ray) of snow film greatly hinders viewing
here Noise Reduction -? if you bet from 1 to 3 it is smoothed but blurring the image (there is what that compromise) 1 st division if left on general blurred image it brings?

These settings are very important for viewing and strongly influenced by the quality (and adding ustarnyaya them) as I understand it
Darbee Mode - Hi-Def
Darbee Level -? the percentage necessary to put that there were no defects in quality?
Demo Mode -?
Detail Enhancement -?
Edge Enhancement -?
Video Smoothing -?

if sorry for my broken English
I'm from Russia

post #2409 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid34 View Post

just sometimes the content is not very good quality (blu-ray) of snow film greatly hinders viewing

here Noise Reduction -? if you bet from 1 to 3 it is smoothed but blurring the image (there is what that compromise) 1 st division if left on general blurred image it brings?

These settings are very important for viewing and strongly influenced by the quality (and adding ustarnyaya them) as I understand it

Darbee Mode - Hi-Def

Darbee Level -? the percentage necessary to put that there were no defects in quality?

Demo Mode -?

Detail Enhancement -?

Edge Enhancement -?

Video Smoothing -?

if sorry for my broken English

I'm from Russia

The player is known for having excellent -0- default levels for picture quality.
All of the features that you mention are considered *enhancements* and should only be used at your own discretion, but keep in mind that using them can degrade picture quality in test patterns. However some people do like how they work in real world viewing.
If you have a quality and properly calibrated display, enhancememnts shouldn't bee needed with maybe the exception of Darbee.

Personally I sometimes play with "Detail Enhancement" at +1, and find that it looks pretty good for well mastered Blu-rays, but for content that is only average or less in picture quality, I can see degradation in the picture, even in real world content.
I would never dial up any of them more than one or two notches. "Edge Enhancement" I might dial down a notch or two if I am using "Detail Enhancement" in the positive range, as well as dialing Darbee up to percentages above 40-50%.
I normally also keep Darbee set to "Hi-Def" setting, and at 35-50% depending on the content.
Most people keep it closer to 35% if they use it.

I can't really see "Video Smoothing" to be either an advantage or disadvantage to playback content, but I'm not exactly sure what it even does.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #2410 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkihara View Post

Maybe this will settle the Netflix argument. I sent an email to Oppo about Netlfix quality on the 103D and received the following reply.
Reply from Oppo

Wow. S I guess they haven't yet unified the chain from one end to the other across all devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

For the first question: There's an Input button on the remote. Press that and an on-screen pop-up appears to select the Input you want to use next. Do that again to go back to "normal" Blu-ray player operation. For programmable remotes, the two button sequence Input-digit will directly select that line in the pop-up. I.e., Input-1 is "Blu-ray Player".

For power-up, you have the choice of the player always coming up as Blu-ray Player, or coming up on the Last Used Input when it was powered down (which might also be Blu-ray Player).
--Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

In addition to what Bob said, the streaming services are selected from the Home menu when the player is on the Bluray input. So it would be like your description of switching between 3 inputs on a receiver (Bluray, Roku, and Cable Box) and then selecting the streaming services within the Bluray player Home menu.

Thanks to you both. This is exactly what I was wondering.

If anyone is able to chime in about region free sellers I'd appreciate it thanks.

Double True!
post #2411 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Can any owners share their experience using the 103D rear HDMI input with a current Apple TV (3rd Gen) for Darbee processing? I know HDMI handshake issues can vary between different owner's systems, but wanted to get a sense of whether or not the AppleTV in particular caused any 103D owners handshake problems. (Think along the lines of wife and kids trying to turn the system on to use AppleTV without having to troubleshoot a failed handshake/blank screen). Any feedback appreciated.

Also, the AppleTV doesn't have a 'native' display output resolution setting. It outputs in 1080p 60Hz. Does this mean that the ATV wouldn't benefit from the Oppo's scaling and VRS processing? Only the Darbee would be in effect, correct?

Finally, would I need to run a separate TOSlink cable for Audio out from the ATV to my receiver? Or would the Oppo pass the AppleTV audio through the HDMI 1 onwards to the receiver?

Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance.
post #2412 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 02:00 PM

here it is on 0 post better?

Edge Enhancement -?

Noise Reduction ?

post #2413 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Personal preference. I personally leave everything on the player at 0 since I properly calibrated my display, and only use the Darbee processing with varying levels depending on the source.
post #2414 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Personal preference. I personally leave everything on the player at 0 since I properly calibrated my display, and only use the Darbee processing with varying levels depending on the source.

Agree 100%.

Everything on mine is turned OFF as far as enhancements.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #2415 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Do I still need a video processor when using a scope screen with the Oppo? I leave the lens in place at all times. I know it has a vertical stretch, but have read it does a shrink too? Is this true? How exactly does that work?
post #2416 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Ran into a strange issue with my 103D this evening.

I was streaming a 5.1 flac. There was no disc in the player. I stopped playing the flac via remote. Pressed [Home] on the remote. Pressed [Open] on the remote so I could play a Blu-ray. The tray didn't open, didn't make a sound. Pressed the "eject" button on the player itself. Didn't open. Pressed [Open] on the Android app. Didn't open. Reset the player to factory defaults and tried everything again. Tray didn't open. Unplugged power from the player for 3 minutes then plugged back in. Pressed [Open] on the remote. Tray opened.

I'm hoping this isn't a regular occurrence with my new player.
post #2417 of 4787 Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Check out this from OPPO's Knowledge Base:

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=6

Look at the part about HDMI cables at the end.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #2418 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Do I still need a video processor when using a scope screen with the Oppo? I leave the lens in place at all times. I know it has a vertical stretch, but have read it does a shrink too? Is this true? How exactly does that work?

The zoom cycle includes "Underscan", which is a slight reduction, and "1/2" which is more, although I forget the exact percentages.

Last I checked, Zoom (including vertical stretch) did not work on many Blu-rays. My test disc is SERENITY, which does not zoom.

-Bill
post #2419 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

Thanks for input. I had 1080p/24 on "forced" but changed to auto. It's definitely a 1080P/24 disc and has properly upconverted before.

But this is where it gets "strange". I had previously tried (using a Harmony) turning everything on for the activity of "Watching blu ray". When I went back into the family room and used the Harmony to change from "Watching TV" to "Watching Blu Ray" (i.e., TV was on and therefore only changed inputs) I immediately had 3840x2160). I then assumed I have some kind of "hand shake" issue when turning everything on from scratch; but at that point changed OPPO setup from 1080p/24 forced to 1080p/auto. Turned everything off with the Harmony and after a minute used the remote for "Watch Blu Ray". It came on correct with the F9000 showing 2160p/24 input. Did the off/on thing several more times and it was always correct.

Bottom line: I earlier tried 30 minutes and could never get the 4K output. Now it's there, I'm not really sure why, but hoping it stays.

This could be a side effect of HDMI CEC. Some devices have expanded CEC or basic. Even weirder if I try to disable CEC on my Onkyo receiver it becomes unable to playback 5.1 audio or higher.
post #2420 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks bill!
post #2421 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

There is no "anti-anamorphic" squeeze as you would need.

The vertical stretch expands a 2.35 film to fill the 16:9 output frame vertically. Your Anamorphic lens optically widens that so you see 2.35 on screen -- without letter box bars.

But if you use the anamorphic lens with a real 16:9 image (no vertical stretch), it widens that too, meaning circles now look like wide ovals.

To prevent that, you have to switch out your anamorphic lens for the normal lens. Alternatively you need to "squeeze" the original 16:9 image horizontally -- leaving pillar box bars in the 16:9 output frame. The anamorphic lens then widens that optically to return you to correct 16:9 aspect ratio (with unused space either side on your 2.35 screen).

There is no such squeeze function in the OPPO.

Also note that doing a squeeze like this, so you can be lazy about the lenses, reduces image quality for 16:9 content you squeeze in this fashion. That's because the squeeze discards horizontal resolution. Each line of the 16:9 original is forced to use fewer pixels with unused black pixels taking up the rest for the pillar box bars.

So it really is better to change the lens.

NOTE: The Underscan and 1/2x Zoom modes are not the same as they squeeze the image BOTH horizontally and vertically.
--Bob

post #2422 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks bob!
post #2423 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

The "1/2" zoom mode is roughly 0.75x, and close to what you want for 16:9 material if you leave your projector zoomed to fill the width of your scope screen without an extra lens.

Unfortunately zoom doesn't work on some Blu-rays (wish they would fix this — and don't anyone tell me it can't be done tongue.gif). I assume it works on MKV playback though, which I'm using more and more but didn't test the zoom yet.

The other problem is I don't think the "1/2" zoom is exactly the right factor. Pity, because the loss in resolution is relatively small and often worth it to get one button switching between 16:9 and scope aspect ratios, especially when picture quality is not so important such as menus on a 2.35:1 movie (if the zoom actually worked all the time) and for 16:9 extras for a 2.35:1 movie.

If they would only implement a fully customizable zoom and mask function that works independently of the content being played, it would be a killer feature.
post #2424 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks!
post #2425 of 4787 Old 01-23-2014, 08:21 AM

Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttringle View Post

This could be a side effect of HDMI CEC. Some devices have expanded CEC or basic. Even weirder if I try to disable CEC on my Onkyo receiver it becomes unable to playback 5.1 audio or higher.

CEC is really a can-o-worms, with a mind of it's own. I really wish all the manufacturers got together to implement a much better protocol and stopped pointing at each other to attribute blame.
post #2426 of 4787 Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

CEC is really a can-o-worms, with a mind of it's own. I really wish all the manufacturers got together to implement a much better protocol and stopped pointing at each other to attribute blame.
Agreed, it's a lot like the various troubled implementations of DLNA which frankly I avoid like the plague due to many of them "interpreting" audio rather than just sending it in its native format to the player. And before i get the "but you can" posts, here is mine, "But you shouldn't have to."
post #2427 of 4787 Old 01-24-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:

Two questions.

TIA.

The Oppo has a main menu that you can get to at any time that has the ability to get to any of the streaming services easily. The remote has a Netflix and a Vudu button. And if you pop a supported disc in it will play automatically based on your settings as you can control that behavior for discs. As far as a BluRay player menu goes it's pretty great. Wish it had more customization but as a all in one device that has been able to play EVERYTHING i have thrown at it, it's awesome.

As for region free playback. I have a "friend" who installed a mod from jvbdigital. Was very easy to install but a little tricky to activate at first (Bluray region switching is not automatic like DVD is so you have to enter a series of remote buttons to set the player to another region). However once it was switched to the region in question the 103D was able to play movies from that region even after being rebooted. Have not tested unplugging but if that was the only time you would have to re enter the code my "friend" would be fine with that. Pretty sure it is able to play bot regions once it was properly installed which was ridiculously easy, no soldering required, just a simple plug into an empty socket. And after starting to use it there have been no side effects that can be detected.

Little on the expensive side at jvbdigital but since it works as advertised I guess my "friend" can't complain.
empcesar likes this.
post #2428 of 4787 Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

The Oppo has a main menu that you can get to at any time that has the ability to get to any of the streaming services easily. The remote has a Netflix and a Vudu button. And if you pop a supported disc in it will play automatically based on your settings as you can control that behavior for discs. As far as a BluRay player menu goes it's pretty great. Wish it had more customization but as a all in one device that has been able to play EVERYTHING i have thrown at it, it's awesome.

As for region free playback. I have a "friend" who installed a mod from jvbdigital. Was very easy to install but a little tricky to activate at first (Bluray region switching is not automatic like DVD is so you have to enter a series of remote buttons to set the player to another region). However once it was switched to the region in question the 103D was able to play movies from that region even after being rebooted. Have not tested unplugging but if that was the only time you would have to re enter the code my "friend" would be fine with that. Pretty sure it is able to play bot regions once it was properly installed which was ridiculously easy, no soldering required, just a simple plug into an empty socket. And after starting to use it there have been no side effects that can be detected.

Little on the expensive side at jvbdigital but since it works as advertised I guess my "friend" can't complain.

Thank you and your "friend" for me biggrin.gif

Double True!
post #2429 of 4787 Old 01-24-2014, 07:03 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View PostThanks that what I was going to do. I know this has been asked many times, but what would be the best 5.1 analog cables to go with? My brother had a bad experience with his mono price cables so I would rather look elsewhere. Any reccomendations would be great. Thanks again.

Monoprice Redmere technology

post #2430 of 4787 Old 01-24-2014, 07:22 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

Agreed, it's a lot like the various troubled implementations of DLNA which frankly I avoid like the plague due to many of them "interpreting" audio rather than just sending it in its native format to the player. And before i get the "but you can" posts, here is mine, "But you shouldn't have to."
One of the points of DLNA is that the server can be configured so that any audio (or video) format supported by the server can be played by any client by configuring the server to transcode the media to a format supported by the client. This allows you to store your audio in a lossless format on your server, but still play it on a device that only supports lossy formats without storing 2 copies of the media. Decent DLNA servers have the ability to turn off all transcoding and it isn't difficult to find one with this capability.

CEC is a completely different story - it's quite frankly a complete mess and almost always causes more problems than it solves.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page