Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 4777 Old 02-17-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Unless the receiver does some amount of processing even if you have it set to Through. I have seen some receivers which always do an internal Color Space conversion or add some amount of processing (usually saturation) to the signal. In these cases bypassing the receiver can give you better performance.

This.

JVC rs4810 (115)
Pioneer Kuro-9gen (50)
Oppo 103d
Marantz sr7001
Klipsch rb81/rc62/rs52
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 4777 Old 02-17-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

Is there really that big a difference between the 103D (Darbee chip) and the 103 (Qdeo chip)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Out of box, no. If you want to add additional video processing to make the image appear to have more contrast, saturation and sharpness, then the Darbee processing is a very good solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

How about the two different chips used for upconversion from 1080P to 2160P. Do you consider one better than another?

I keeping the 103d but did want to know if any tried the 103d vs the 103 with an external darbee, to compare the video processing.

JVC rs4810 (115)
Pioneer Kuro-9gen (50)
Oppo 103d
Marantz sr7001
Klipsch rb81/rc62/rs52
post #2883 of 4777 Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson ------ View Post

I keeping the 103d but did want to know if any tried the 103d vs the 103 with an external darbee, to compare the video processing.

Should be about the same for picture quality.
Some people sometimes report handshaking issues when using an external Darblet, but I don't recall anyone having those issues using the built-in Darbee on the Oppo.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #2884 of 4777 Old 02-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHaze View Post

I have a Panasonic ZT60 with the Oppo 103D. Can someone share all the proper video settings on the Oppo to maximize video quality? I'm talking about the color space (4-4-4 vs 4-2-2) and etc and not the basic picture settings like color and contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHaze View Post

What about deep color in the HDMI settings?

Deep Color(HDMI1) [ 36 Bits | 30 Bits (dithered) | 30 Bits | Off (dithered) | Off ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

444 color space and use pure direct on the ZT
1080p/24 in and either 96 or 60hz mode in the ZT

Actually Pure Direct should be turned off. Here is a quote from the highly regarded reviewer and calibrator David Mackenzie on the subject:

"Chroma Format (extreme pixel peeping lesson)

A strangely large amount of online discussion has surfaced concerning which signal format should be sent to flat-screen TVs and projectors over HDMI: YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, or an RGB variant. If this is all greek to you, just know that the numbers (4:2:2 etc) refer to the resolution of the coloured “layers” which make up the picture relative to the black and white base (which accounts for most of the image’s detail). 4:4:4 means that each pixel in the image has its own unique coloured value, whereas 4:2:2 means that two pixels in a line share the same coloured data (to save space). The video on a Blu-ray Disc is stored at 4:2:0, meaning that the black and white luminance layer is full 1920×1080, whereas the two colour-difference layers are effectively 960×540.
A quick skim through forums reveals that the general consensus is always to choose the “YCbCr 4:2:2″ option because this is the closest match for what is actually stored on the Blu-ray/DVD disc. Actually, the best choice depends on the display and the player. So what about the 65″ VT65?
The Panasonic TXP65VT65B’s chroma processing is never flawless. There are three main configuration possibilities for getting coloured pixel data from Blu-ray Disc (and other HDTV sources) into the television and out of the plasma panel device. The first is to send 4:2:2 video in. The second is to send 4:4:4 video in but to enable the Viera VT’s “1080p Pure Direct” mode, which claims to keep the pixel data as 4:4:4 internally (it actually doesn’t, but it’s close). The last is to send 4:4:4 video in but to leave “1080p Pure Direct” off, which will involve a conversion to something less than 4:4:4 (4:2:2 maybe?) inside the TV.
In all cases, the TX-P65VT65 has a small vertical chroma resolution limit, and no amount of setup will avoid this (it’s even present in the so-called “4:4:4″ mode – which is not actually 4:4:4 due to the limitation). Users can check the chroma reproduction capability with the Chroma Multiburst pattern from the Spears & Munsil test disc. In all cases, the vertical pixel transitions (bottom-right box) are blurred slightly.
With our Blu-ray player (in this case, an OPPO BDP-103EU) outputting in 4:2:2 mode, the vertical coloured details were less visible. Strangely, the Panasonic 65VT65 will also draw some false coloured pixels on the horizontal axis when receiving 4:2:2 video. For example, with the red and blue stripes at the left of the pattern, the TX-P65VT65B displays a single black column inbetween the two. And on the Interactive Graphics layer which appears when you press the BD remote’s middle button (to display the “How to use the pattern” screen), the horizontal transitions in the “Good” example image appear green!
After changing the output mode to 4:4:4 – which means that our Blu-ray player was doing the upsampling of the chroma planes from the 4:2:0 encoded on the disc – the horizontal resolution improved, being nearly perfect. The transition between red and blue was razor sharp – with only a tiny slither of blur. As noted earlier, the vertical high frequency information was still curtailed.
We checked out the last scenario, by enabling [1080p Pure Direct]. This increased the horizontal resolution very slightly, to the extent that it actually revealed some blocking in the reds. In other words, this made the horizontal chroma resolution in the display so good that it revealed (what could be described as) a shortcoming in the OPPO BDP-103 player. However, Panasonic BD players feature advanced chroma upscaling features which avoid this very minor blocking (something we tested) and intelligently smooth it out instead.
Therefore, we can conclude this extreme pixel peeping by saying that arguably the best way to watch Blu-rays on the TX-P65VT65B is with a Panasonic Blu-ray player (or similar), outputting 4:4:4, with the [1080p Pure Direct] mode enabled, and the player’s advanced chroma processing feature turned on. Even the cheapest current Panasonic BD players have this feature, and will outperform more expensive “boutique” players in this minor regard. If you don’t have a player which smooths the chroma channels in this way, then you might find that you prefer to feed the Panasonic VT65 with 4:4:4 video but to leave the [1080p Pure Direct] mode off, which will effectively act as in-TV smoothing of small jagged colour details."

The 103D surprisingly doesn't have an advanced chroma processing feature as part of the settings that goes with Pure Direct mode so you should leave it turned off as I do on my 65VT60. Also the minor shortcoming described in the above quote from the Oppo 103 is the only one I've ever seen mentioned anywhere in regards to 1080p content. Hence the whole extreme pixel peeping. I dare anyone to say they've seen this in real world content tongue.gif

Below you'll find the link to the whole review where this was taken from.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-txp65vt65b-201306273079.htm
ConnecTEDDD likes this.
post #2885 of 4777 Old 02-18-2014, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 282
There must be a variant between 2012 and 2013 then, because the 50 series performs slightly better with it on using spears and munsil. Chad has tested this as well.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #2886 of 4777 Old 02-18-2014, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I am about ready to the throw my 103d into my canal.

I currently have HDMI 1 out to tv. HDMI 2 to input of AVR labeled HDMI 3 Blu Ray for audio.

Direct tv into HDMI input.

Signal s in and out, in and out. Disconnect HDMI 2 out of AVR, no problem. Pic is back but no audio. What is the HDMI2 conflict i am getting with HDMI2 for audio?

7.2 with Thiel Power Points, twin Seaton Submersive F2's in Espresso. Krell Showcase Amp, Marantz Pre-Pro, Richard Grey Power, Control 4 Home Automation, lots of Blue Jean Cables, Oppo 103D, Sony DVD 777 400 Disc Changer and Samsung Plasma 64" 8500 all in a Salamander Synergy 247 in Walnut.
post #2887 of 4777 Old 02-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiorgio View Post

I currently have HDMI 1 out to tv. HDMI 2 to input of AVR labeled HDMI 3 Blu Ray for audio.

Signal s in and out, in and out. Disconnect HDMI 2 out of AVR, no problem. Pic is back but no audio. What is the HDMI2 conflict i am getting with HDMI2 for audio?

Welcome to the club. I had same/similar problem (my AVR is a Marantz av8801 if relevant) as did others on this forum. Can't explain the exact "why" but I don't think you can assume HDMI-out-2 is only sending audio, just because you set the oppo to split A/V.  I'm open to others correcting me but I confirmed there was actually video coming from HDMI-2 in every set-up I could think of to test at the time.

It "seemed" as if the video from the TV box was travelling to the AVR via Oppo's HDMI-out-2 and then "looking" for a TV to shake hands with. The handshaking is checked every few seconds and video goes in and out each time or then fails.

Do you have any HDMI connecting from AVR-out to any Oppo-in?  

Does the problem disappear if you disconnect the Direct TV from the Oppo and just watch a disc?

I eventually gave up and instead use Oppo's HDMI-1-out to connect to AVR, with another HDMI from AVR-out to TV-In;  in other words passed the video signal through the AVR on the way to the TV and stopped using Oppo's HDMI-2-out.

post #2888 of 4777 Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On my Onkyo 807 I was getting crazy lip sync issues using the split a/v method, I ended up changing the 'monitor out' setting from HDMI to analog and it fixed it. Set to HDMI it was constantly trying to send video from it. Every time I play xbox through the AVR though I have to change it back to get any picture. Eh..
post #2889 of 4777 Old 02-18-2014, 11:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiorgio View Post

Welcome to the club. I had same/similar problem (my AVR is a Marantz av8801 if relevant) as did others on this forum. Can't explain the exact "why" but I don't think you can assume HDMI-out-2 is only sending audio, just because you set the oppo to split A/V.  I'm open to others correcting me but I confirmed there was actually video coming from HDMI-2 in every set-up I could think of to test at the time.

It "seemed" as if the video from the TV box was travelling to the AVR via Oppo's HDMI-out-2 and then "looking" for a TV to shake hands with. The handshaking is checked every few seconds and video goes in and out each time or then fails.

Does the problem disappear if you disconnect the Direct TV from the Oppo and just watch a disc?

I eventually gave up and instead use Oppo's HDMI-1-out to connect to AVR, with another HDMI from AVR-out to TV-In;  in other words passed the video signal through the AVR on the way to the TV and stopped using Oppo's HDMI-2-out.
Have either of you talked with OPPO support about the connections you are using, the way you're using the OPPO inputs, and the correct settings for a split set up?
post #2890 of 4777 Old 02-18-2014, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

It actually worked for me on my older Marantz 7002 with HDMI 1.3
Just changed out to Marantz 7008 with HDMI 1.4 and now having these issues. The issues are with OPPO, not Marantz. A few of us have spent the last few days in total frustration. Dear OPPO, if i spend $600 on a Blu Ray player with Darbee, i am going to use it with a remote or automation system and an AVR, so please have the HDMI issue rectifed. The Darbee is not as effective going through the receiver. More of us are going to use HDMI2 for audio, than a second monitor. How about the ability to tell it audio or video and resolve the conflict?

7.2 with Thiel Power Points, twin Seaton Submersive F2's in Espresso. Krell Showcase Amp, Marantz Pre-Pro, Richard Grey Power, Control 4 Home Automation, lots of Blue Jean Cables, Oppo 103D, Sony DVD 777 400 Disc Changer and Samsung Plasma 64" 8500 all in a Salamander Synergy 247 in Walnut.
post #2891 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Have either of you talked with OPPO support about the connections you are using, the way you're using the OPPO inputs, and the correct settings for a split set up?

I haven't but I did check the manual and noted (from memory something like):

...with split AV setting, video may or may not pass through HDMI2 ....audio embedded in video signal...

post #2892 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 AM

Not so sure this "quirk" is relevant to, well anything, but...

I connected the zone 4 HDMI-out from my Marantz to a 2nd TV; a panny 1080p plasma that won't accept/decode DD, DTS etc.

The Marantz outputs to zone 4 without any processing; e.g. SD into Marantz will output HD to main TV and native SD to zone 4.  DD audio in will also go to zone 4 so I get no audio.

Now, run the same sources via Oppo with Oppo HDMI set to output in bitstream...the Oppo will "overide" my bitstream setting and instead output PCM to the Marantz.

The net effect is that when I turn on the zone 4 TV, the Oppo automatically switches audio to PCM so that both TVs can receive audio.

So the Oppo is reaching through the AVR to talk with both TVs and it will then "downgrade" the signal to the lowest common format for both TVs...regardless of me specifically telling it not to do this via the set-up menu!

This quirk is actually a bonus for me in my current set-up so I'm not complaining.  Mention it because it may leave others wondering what's going on if/when their Oppo starts overriding their user settings.

Speculation:  Could part of the HDMI issues several of us are experiencing be related to the Oppo's constant attempts to reach-through to distant (or non-existent) TVs to confirm [not only HDCP but also] video/audio compatibility?

post #2893 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

Speculation:  Could part of the HDMI issues several of us are experiencing be related to the Oppo's constant reach-through to distant TVs to confirm [not only HDCP but also] video/audio compatibility?

HDCP has never been anything but a giant consumer headache so I would not find this implausible.
Then again, HDCP is another industry forced standard and it's very purpose is to connect and verify the full chain, I don't see it as a failure from Oppo that they are abiding by rules and strictures part of the very HDMI standards.

I have been annoyed for quite some time by a resync issue with my AVR and projector, it's quite amusing in a way since it only happens twice within 4 minutes of eachother and only after about the 2 hour mark of watching anything.

I was hoping splitting the HDMI outputs would help since I then would not be using the avr for connecting to the projector, well I was suprised when it disconnected again with the new Oppo as well.
This has now been an issue with two different projectors, and two separate BD players as well as other sources, common denominator is my pioneer AVR.

The only true fix I have found so far has been to manually disable the AVR's HDMI output that I'm currently not using, this seems to sort the synching issues.
I'm still using the Oppo in split AV mode at least for now, I just currently have disconnected the projector from the AVR completely (and disabled it's HDMI out), even if the cable was unplugged I would get the synch issue after 2 hours +/- 15 minutes..

Anyhoo, just throwing my gripe in here, but I don't blame the oppo, I blame the HDMI standards and primarily the HDCP protocol, seems it really does not like having multiple displays connected and get's prone to hissie fits when you do.
post #2894 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 01:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
^It's not a quirk, it's engineered that way so that you get sound with your video. Most people don't like to watch content without audio.
Does your AVR have the ability to send 2 separate independent a/v streams to 2 different displays simultaneously?
There also is no difference between bitstream and pcm aside from where it is being decoded. The audio quality is identical.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #2895 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Also:
HDMI audio streams are embedded with the video stream, so you MUST have a video stream of a certain bandwidth to get audio, so i remember reading somewhere that for HD audio it must send a 720p or 1080p image along side, this for many such audio only connections would then just be a black screen, but it's still a video feed of a black screen.

I'm almost tempted myself to test using the analog outputs for audio, although then I wouldh have to move the player into the technical room, granted not a huge problem, but it is nice to be able to swap discs and whatnot inside my viewing space.
post #2896 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

^It's not a quirk, it's engineered that way so that you get sound with your video. Most people don't like to watch content without audio.
Does your AVR have the ability to send 2 separate independent a/v streams to 2 different displays simultaneously?
There also is no difference between bitstream and pcm aside from where it is being decoded. The audio quality is identical.

Yes, I was very surprised by the AVR sending upscaled video to main TV and native to 2nd TV simultaneously.

Re audio; some TV channels in DD 5.1, some in stereo PCM.  What the Oppo is doing is converting the DD 5.1 signals to stereo 2.0.  I assumed this involved a DD 5.1 to PCM 2.0 conversion but in any case, the audio effect is that when I turn on the 2nd TV, I lose centre, rears and sub from the main room but at least gain some audio in the 2nd room.

It was the HDMI issues that prompted me to "tell" the Oppo and AVR what settings to use rather than selecting "auto".  I was told this reduces the required talking between devices to check things like compatibility.

post #2897 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post

Also:
HDMI audio streams are embedded with the video stream, so you MUST have a video stream of a certain bandwidth to get audio, so i remember reading somewhere that for HD audio it must send a 720p or 1080p image along side, this for many such audio only connections would then just be a black screen, but it's still a video feed of a black screen.

Yes, I read that too so avoided that type of problem.

Having trouble understanding when, where and how the audio and video can be split.  My AVR HDMI-outs (intended for TV) can supposedly be set to output video only or audio+video

[does that mean you can strip the audio off the video but you can't strip the video off the audio?]

post #2898 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOz View Post

Yes, I read that too so avoided that type of problem.

Having trouble understanding when, where and how the audio and video can be split.  My AVR HDMI-outs (intended for TV) can supposedly be set to output video only or audio+video

[does that mean you can strip the audio off the video but you can't strip the video off the audio?]

Quote:

Yes, I was very surprised by the AVR sending upscaled video to main TV and native to 2nd TV simultaneously.

Re audio; some TV channels in DD 5.1, some in stereo PCM.  What the Oppo is doing is converting the DD 5.1 signals to stereo 2.0.  I assumed this involved a DD 5.1 to PCM 2.0 conversion but in any case, the audio effect is that when I turn on the 2nd TV, I lose centre, rears and sub from the main room but at least gain some audio in the 2nd room.

It was the HDMI issues that prompted me to "tell" the Oppo and AVR what settings to use rather than selecting "auto".  I was told this reduces the required talking between devices to check things like compatibility.

You made me 2nd guess myself :-)   Just checked again:

AVR: outputs to main zone in audio/video format as instructed in set-up. Will simultaneously output native to zone 4.

Oppo:  Will convert DD5.1 to PCM2.0 as soon as I turn on the zone 4 PCM-only TV.  It does regardless of whether the oppo HDMI audio-out is set to bitstream, LPCM or auto setting.

Added: Using both Oppo HDMI-outs; one to each TV: Switching to "split AV" setting blocks sound from HDMI-1 but has no effect on HDMI-2, which continues to output sound & video

post #2899 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

444 color space and use pure direct on the ZT
1080p/24 in and either 96 or 60hz mode in the ZT

Set your ZT to 24p Direct In: 96 Hz (when selectable)

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #2900 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I prefer 96hz, but I know the contouring bothers some folks.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
post #2901 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 07:58 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 280
No worries here I use the following

OPPO BDP103D HDMI 1 connected with 15 feet 18Gbps Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology - cable to my JVC RS-2

and

OPPO BDP103D HDMI 2 connected with 15 feet 18Gbps Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology - cable to my Integra DHC-80.3

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025508&p_id=10768&seq=1&format=2&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
post #2902 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

OPPO BDP103D HDMI 1 connected with 15 feet 18Gbps Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology - cable to my JVC RS-2

and

OPPO BDP103D HDMI 2 connected with 15 feet 18Gbps Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology - cable to my Integra DHC-80.3

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025508&p_id=10768&seq=1&format=2&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Anyone who buys cables anywhere else has serious unresolved childhood issues - What CNET use to test all their equipment.
Smarty-pants likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #2903 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Until the redmere were proven, BJC was the best IMO. Little pricey but durable as hell. American too. I still use them for all my audio cables.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
post #2904 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

and

Do you have anything like a PVR or cable TV box feeding into your Oppo's HDMI-Ins and use the Oppo to switch between disc and HDMI inputs?

That's when my problems occur. If I don't use the HDMI-in, I don't get problems.

post #2905 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I have redmere cables from both DVR's to both "in's" on the 103D, then a redmere cable from the 103D to the Denon, then one redmere from the Denon to the plasma.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
post #2906 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 10:02 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:

Do you have anything like a PVR or cable TV box feeding into your Oppo's HDMI-Ins and use the Oppo to switch between disc and HDMI inputs?

That's when my problems occur. If I don't use the HDMI-in, I don't get problems.

Nope just the OPPO
post #2907 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:

I haven't but I did check the manual and noted (from memory something like):
...with split AV setting, video may or may not pass through HDMI2 ....audio embedded in video signal...

Press the info button to see what is going through the hdmi1 & hdmi2 outputs.

JVC rs4810 (115)
Pioneer Kuro-9gen (50)
Oppo 103d
Marantz sr7001
Klipsch rb81/rc62/rs52
post #2908 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 03:27 PM

Liked: 10
Ok... so I'm about to place an order for my Oppo 103 blu-ray player. I was tossing up between the Oppo 103 and the Pioneer LX55, however the LX55 has recently gone end of life (in my part of the world at least), so the LX55 is no longer an option. Now the decision is Darbee or not to Darbee.

I currently use an older model PS3 as my network media and blu-ray player. Both my television and my AVR are older models:
Television - Samsung 46" Tulip M8
AVR - Pioneer VSX-LX70

I don't have an issue with paying the bit extra for the Darbee model if it's going to be of some value down the line, if I say upgrade the TV in a couple of years. However for the time being, the Oppo will be connected up using a single HDMI (1.3a) cable to my AVR.

Thoughts?
post #2909 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 03:42 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckoNZ View Post

Ok... so I'm about to place an order for my Oppo 103 blu-ray player. I was tossing up between the Oppo 103 and the Pioneer LX55, however the LX55 has recently gone end of life (in my part of the world at least), so the LX55 is no longer an option. Now the decision is Darbee or not to Darbee.

I currently use an older model PS3 as my network media and blu-ray player. Both my television and my AVR are older models:
Television - Samsung 46" Tulip M8
AVR - Pioneer VSX-LX70

I don't have an issue with paying the bit extra for the Darbee model if it's going to be of some value down the line, if I say upgrade the TV in a couple of years. However for the time being, the Oppo will be connected up using a single HDMI (1.3a) cable to my AVR.

Thoughts?

I have a 46" Samsung as well. I could live without the Darbee processor but it is fun to play with. When used properly it is a subtle but positive effect.

-Bill
RayWK likes this.
post #2910 of 4777 Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydenim View Post

On my Onkyo 807 I was getting crazy lip sync issues using the split a/v method, I ended up changing the 'monitor out' setting from HDMI to analog and it fixed it. Set to HDMI it was constantly trying to send video from it. Every time I play xbox through the AVR though I have to change it back to get any picture. Eh..

I'm impressed your 807 is STILL working! Mine is not. Replaced with 818.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo , Oppo Brand , Oppo Digital , Oppo Digital Inc
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page