BD-F6700 Owners' Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BD-F6700 Owners' Thread

Does any one have issues with this blu-ray player? I got one and takes for ever to load you tube. Some times you can start and go for a coffee and come back. some times it hangs and some times takes tome to move from one play list to other.Did any one saw this problem? I have very good internet connection (20 mbps).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Hi Guy`s ,

I did a search for BD-F6700 and nothing showed up eek.gif

Does anyone own one ?

If so , could you , would you , please write something about it ? Thanks !

Do you like it or hate it ?

Thanks biggrin.gif

Happy Holidays !

Gary 
post #3 of 6 Old 11-20-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I don`t have a any BluRay dvd`s ( yet ) , does this player take long to load SD - dvd`s ?

I have heard for a long time that BluRay takes longer to load than SD.

I have a DV-79AVi , and would buy an Oppo , but unless I can sell my `79 , the 103 seems over kill as the `79 has a very great transport for SACD`s !!

Come on folks !! biggrin.gif

We need more info on the BD-F6700 !

Later biggrin.gif

G. 

post #4 of 6 Old 11-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 1362
Samsung's past does not earn them much love. After my experience, I'm not buying another.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-29-2017, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Samsung BD-f6700 won't play any discs

Two days ago my BD-f-6700 was working fine. Today it will accept a disc, display "load" and then "play," and then...nothing but the four horizontal dashes (- - - -).

This, no matter what Blu-Rays or standard DVDs I attempt to play (including those that I watched the last time around.)

Have disconnected AC for a number of minutes and reconnected.

Have manual suggested check of remote batteries (they're good) and then removed batteries, drained remote microprocessor, and reinstalled batteries.

Have pressed play/pause button on front panel, held until initialization message appears and unit turns off, and then turned it on (also per manual).

No change in problem.

I'm stumped.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Samsung tech support on BD-F6700: no help at all

[QUOTE=Ed Oz;53961497]Two days ago my BD-f-6700 was working fine. Today it will accept a disc, display "load" and then "play," and then...nothing but the four horizontal dashes (- - - -).

This, no matter what Blu-Rays or standard DVDs I attempt to play (including those that I watched the last time around.)

Have disconnected AC for a number of minutes and reconnected.

Have manual suggested check of remote batteries (they're good) and then removed batteries, drained remote microprocessor, and reinstalled batteries.

Have pressed play/pause button on front panel, held until initialization message appears and unit turns off, and then turned it on (also per manual).

No change in problem.

I'm stumped.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Just spoke with Samsung "tech support:" as always, an exercise in futility. The outsourced voice on the phone simply had me run thru the manual troubleshooting steps that I had already done, even though I asked to speak to someone with expertise/experience with Blu-Ray player problems.

Of course, the test results were identical to the ones I had received. Simple answer from her: get it repaired.

Although this is an older unit, I bought it new and it's seen very little play time. So I'm highly disappointed that it's failed since a couple of much older standard DVD players from other manufacturers that saw much greater use are still working fine.

Needless to say...if none of you can come up with a magic solution, I'll have to buy another player and it won't be a Samsung.

Highly disappointing given how much I've liked the two Samsung TVs I've owned.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd D6700 3d Blu Ray Disc Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page