The 103D and Input Lag - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
For those interested in getting an oppo and then using hdmi inputs for your consoles, just a head's up that the lag will be the worst you've ever seen. I don't have a way to measure truly what the input lag is, but I will just give some numbers from rock band 1 & 3 calibration attempts.

For RB3, my lag settings which I am currently using without running through the 103D are around 20ms for both the audio and video lag settings that game uses. When I keep everything else the same, except simply switch the hdmi to go through the 103D, both of them kept coming up as 100+ms!!! Even if I set resolution to source direct or w/e it's called.

On the original RB, which just has 1 setting for lag, I am doing fine with it set to 45ms at the moment, but guess what I had to have it on when using the 103D input? I had to keep it around 140ms!!!

I guess some people don't want honest experiences described, maybe because they're listed as a site sponsor, but 1. I tell positives as well and 2. people should be able to know information before they make decisions. SO using the oppo in relation to gaming is close to unusable and DLNA is totally unusable. Most else is going pretty well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 40
The mods ask that you use the dedicated 103D thread that already exists. All the threads on the Forum, including that one, discuss both positives and negatives.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 480
^^^

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition