Official Sony BDP-S1200, BDP-S3200, BDP-S4200, BDP-S5200, BDP-S6200, and BDP-S7200 - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1225 Old 03-05-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaim View Post

Actually I haven't tried those, I've tried this though " --no-clusters-in-meta-seek"

Should I use both of these together "–engage no_cue_duration, –engage no_cue_relative_positions"

I'm currently using version 3.4.0 as on another forum they suggested this version worked for them.

https://trac.bunkus.org/wiki/FAQ:ImprovingPlaybackCompatibilityWithPlayers

Works on the latest version, 6.8.0.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1225 Old 03-05-2014, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post

https://trac.bunkus.org/wiki/FAQ:ImprovingPlaybackCompatibilityWithPlayers

Works on the latest version, 6.8.0.

Thanks for providing the info mate, will give it ago.

Edit: Tried using "--engage no_cue_duration --engage no_cue_relative_position" together and it hasn't made a difference. Will try using the commands separately. Btw would you recommend I enter those under user defined options for each stream (video, audio and subs)?

Edit: Tried setting cues to none, I can now forward but its very slow.

Need to find out why DVDFab converter works but mkvmerge causes problems frown.gif
post #453 of 1225 Old 03-05-2014, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 173
The BDP-S5200 arrives on amazon.
marctronixx likes this.
post #454 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 04:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post

The BDP-S5200 arrives on amazon.
Didnt Amazon have it weeks ago?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #455 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 279
^^^
But now it's actually in stock, and a whole $2 under full list price. I think it would be wise to wait a bit longer. No need to be in a big rush to give up HD audio decoding in exchange for a few seconds quicker startup. This year's models get a big yawn from me. I'll stick with my 5100. Since my TV takes 11 seconds to turn on, it doesn't matter if my player takes 1 second or 3 seconds to start. Menus are already lightning fast on both anyway.
post #456 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone know if S6200 NHL Gamecenter app supports 4500kbs streams?

I'm curretnly using Optoma HD25e on 110" DIY screen with my HTPC (XBMC with excellent NHL Gamecenter addon).
However since I don't own bluray player yet, I was thiking about buying s6200.
I'm hoping s6200 would be an upgrade from my el cheapo Philips upscaling DVD player to watch my DVD collection.
Also having working NHL Gamecenter with 4500kbs stream would be just an icing on the cake to justify s6200 purchase. (getting usual WAF LOL)
post #457 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 155

So anyone figure out what the deal is with the BDP-S7200...

:confused: 

Here is a French article about it - says it will be released this month...

Sony BDP-S7200: Blu-ray 3D Ultra HD Upscaling, Triluminos, SACD

Sony will offer this year a range of five new Blu-ray players, the Sony BDP-S7200 upscale. A Blu-ray 3D with a Ultra HD upscaling and capable of reading SACD function, like the BDP-S790 which he is descended, however, it inherits some small innovations for the occasion, to the image of a new noise reduction for video online, new audio processing for compressed audio and multimedia support expanded.

Compatible Triluminos to obtain a gamut close to the standard 4K DCI when connected to a compatible Sony TV, and color processing technology Super Bit Mapping, like its predecessor, the Blu-ray 3D SonyBDP- S7200 has a feature upscaling of DVD and Blu-ray 1080p Ultra HD or 2160p. In addition, he always has a CreasHD video processor (Super Resolution, DNR, etc.).. Small novelty this year is the addition of IP Content Noise Reduction Pro, a noise reducer suitable for video Streaming will be activated as well on online videos for VOD. In terms of audio processing, we note the appearance of Digital Music Enhancer and Dynamic Range Recovery, the first dedicated to the treble and second dynamics, both are intended to improve the quality of compressed audio files. Sony BDP-S7200 Super also has WiFi, a more sensitive antenna module for easy connect to the network if the deck is removed from its box. In terms of multimedia playback, plus support for many file formats (MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, DivX HD, AVI, WMV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, JPEG, etc..) FLAC & WAV are supported until finally 192 kHz/24-bit, but also new formats such as AIFF and DSD 2.8 and 5.6 MHz. Finally, the deck allows access to the Sony Entertainment Network, to connect to the Opera Store, Music & Video Unlimited, Facebook, Twitter, TV catch-up, etc.. It is also Miracast compatible to duplicate the display screen of a smartphone or tablet on the TV. Launching and undisclosed yet price. [UPDATE] The BDP-S7200 will be launched in March, the target price 349 €.
post #458 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I have heard some people (maybe in this thread also) that have stated that the 6200 has the same video and audio quality as the Oppo 103D...?

post #459 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Well it's from a BD. If the video signal is untouched then it should be the same. And of course if the audio is bitstreamed, then it would also be the same.

LED DLP

post #460 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Well it's from a BD. If the video signal is untouched then it should be the same. And of course if the audio is bitstreamed, then it would also be the same.

Who buys a Oppo 103D to have the video signal untouched...?

I am talking about their 4k upscaling, DVD upscaling, etc...

And everything else...

post #461 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

Who buys a Oppo 103D to have the video signal untouched...?

confused.gif

I am talking about their 4k upscaling, DVD upscaling, etc...

And everything else...

So what you are saying is that every Oppo owner has a 4K TV or even watch DVDs? confused.gif

IIRC, Sony players and Oppo players traditionally use the same AV chip. What differentiate between the two are bells and whistles, e.g. build quality and feature differences. If you connect both with HDMI, you can hardly tell a big difference in BD movie quality.
post #462 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

But with 4K upscaling. If a person spent a boatload of money on a 4K TV. I would expect the scaler in the TV to be better than a several hundred dollar BD player.

LED DLP

post #463 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But with 4K upscaling. If a person spent a boatload of money on a 4K TV. I would expect the scaler in the TV to be better than a several hundred dollar BD player.

One would think so...

Plus if you have a new Sony blu-ray player and a Sony 4K TV - you can take advantage of the TRILUMINOS™ Display technology...

So if you only use HDMI connections, and have a Sony 4K TV - you are further ahead to purchase a new Sony blu-ray player instead of the Oppo 103D - correct?

post #464 of 1225 Old 03-06-2014, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Didnt Amazon have it weeks ago?

To tell you the truth I wasn't actually tracking it, so not sure when it turned up and became in stock. Figured I would mention it.
marctronixx likes this.
post #465 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One would think so...

Plus if you have a new Sony blu-ray player and a Sony 4K TV - you can take advantage of the TRILUMINOS™ Display technology...

So if you only use HDMI connections, and have a Sony 4K TV - you are further ahead to purchase a new Sony blu-ray player instead of the Oppo 103D - correct?

confused.gif

If you don't need the extras Oppo provides, there is no real advantage to Oppo. But if you look at most of the posts here, most ppl really don't give a **** about BD playback qualities. They are after streaming capabilities. It seems Oppo is still ahead of Sony in this regard.
post #466 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 AM

Liked: 37
Quote:

So anyone figure out what the deal is with the BDP-S7200...

confused.gif  

Here is a French article about it - says it will be released this month...

Sony BDP-S7200: Blu-ray 3D Ultra HD Upscaling, Triluminos, SACD

Sony will offer this year a range of five new Blu-ray players, the Sony BDP-S7200 upscale. A Blu-ray 3D with a Ultra HD upscaling and capable of reading SACD function, like the BDP-S790 which he is descended, however, it inherits some small innovations for the occasion, to the image of a new noise reduction for video online, new audio processing for compressed audio and multimedia support expanded.

Compatible Triluminos to obtain a gamut close to the standard 4K DCI when connected to a compatible Sony TV, and color processing technology Super Bit Mapping, like its predecessor, the Blu-ray 3D SonyBDP- S7200 has a feature upscaling of DVD and Blu-ray 1080p Ultra HD or 2160p. In addition, he always has a CreasHD video processor (Super Resolution, DNR, etc.).. Small novelty this year is the addition of IP Content Noise Reduction Pro, a noise reducer suitable for video Streaming will be activated as well on online videos for VOD. In terms of audio processing, we note the appearance of Digital Music Enhancer and Dynamic Range Recovery, the first dedicated to the treble and second dynamics, both are intended to improve the quality of compressed audio files. Sony BDP-S7200 Super also has WiFi, a more sensitive antenna module for easy connect to the network if the deck is removed from its box. In terms of multimedia playback, plus support for many file formats (MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, DivX HD, AVI, WMV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, JPEG, etc..) FLAC & WAV are supported until finally 192 kHz/24-bit, but also new formats such as AIFF and DSD 2.8 and 5.6 MHz. Finally, the deck allows access to the Sony Entertainment Network, to connect to the Opera Store, Music & Video Unlimited, Facebook, Twitter, TV catch-up, etc.. It is also Miracast compatible to duplicate the display screen of a smartphone or tablet on the TV. Launching and undisclosed yet price. [UPDATE] The BDP-S7200 will be launched in March, the target price 349 €.

Thanks for the update. That description is probably incomplete. It should also support:
  • DSD .dff file format
  • DSD .dsf file format for DSD metadata support

Also, I believe it comes in a minimalist case similar to BDP-A6000, but won't know for sure until Sony post images of it. Not sure why they seem reluctant to do so.

Defo keeping a watch on this one. wink.gif
post #467 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

If you don't need the extras Oppo provides, there is no real advantage to Oppo. But if you look at most of the posts here, most ppl really don't give a **** about BD playback qualities. They are after streaming capabilities. It seems Oppo is still ahead of Sony in this regard.

That's what a real media player is for. I'm not going to try and use any of my Sony BD players for local streaming when I have several media players that can run circles around any stand alone BD player trying to stream local content.

LED DLP

post #468 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's what a real media player is for. I'm not going to try and use any of my Sony BD players for local streaming when I have several media players that can run circles around any stand alone BD player trying to stream local content.

So if you already have the Sony FMP-X1 - 4K Media Player...

Forget the Oppo and go with the new Sony 7200...?

post #469 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

So if you already have the Sony FMP-X1 - 4K Media Player...

Forget the Oppo and go with the new Sony 7200...?

confused.gif

If you already have a capable local media delivery device and only care about BD movies, the newer Sony players should get the job done. However, if you want a capable local media delivery device and/or amazing DVD upscaler and/or don't want (or can't) send the audio via HDMI...then go with an Oppo.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #470 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

If you already have a capable local media delivery device and only care about BD movies, the newer Sony players should get the job done. However, if you want a capable local media delivery device and/or amazing DVD upscaler and/or don't want (or can't) send the audio via HDMI...then go with an Oppo.

It is also my understanding that the only way to get Sony's touted TRILUMINOS colors is to pair up a Sony TV with a Sony blu-ray player that have the same Triluminos capabilities...?

Also, are you saying that the Oppo has better upscaling than the Sony 6200/7200...?

post #471 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

It is also my understanding that the only way to get Sony's touted TRILUMINOS colors is to pair up a Sony TV with a Sony blu-ray player that have the same Triluminos capabilities...?

Also, are you saying that the Oppo has better upscaling than the Sony 6200/7200...?

confused.gif

Yes, to take advantage of the TRILUMINOS you need a capable Sony BD player and a capable Sony display.

Oppo has always been known to have superior upscaling capabilities. Personally, I don't watch DVDs anymore so I stopped following which players have the best upscaling. I wouldn't be surprised if a poll showed that the Oppos are still the best.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #472 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Yes, to take advantage of the TRILUMINOS you need a capable Sony BD player and a capable Sony display.

Don't forget a copy of one of a few BD discs from Sony that are mastered from 4K and contains the TRILUMINOS enhancements. Worthless marketing BS if you ask me.
post #473 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 PM

Liked: 19
I just finished a chat session with Sony. The S7200 is the UK version of the USA version of the S6200. The S7200 is only available in the UK and does not have the duel core processor. The S6200 does have the duel core processor. Everything else is exactly the same. Also I would like to hear if the Oppo 103D is really that much better than other Blu Ray players in picture quality of Blu Rays and Dvds. Hopefully some of the 103D Oppo owners can impart some of their observations.
marctronixx likes this.
post #474 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPERSON View Post

I just finished a chat session with Sony. The S7200 is the UK version of the USA version of the S6200. The S7200 is only available in the UK and does not have the duel core processor. The S6200 does have the duel core processor. Everything else is exactly the same. Also I would like to hear if the Oppo 103D is really that much better than other Blu Ray players in picture quality of Blu Rays and Dvds. Hopefully some of the 103D Oppo owners can impart some of their observations.

OK... that doesn't make sense... :confused:

The $179 blu-ray player has dual/duo core processors - but the $299 blu-ray player doesn't...?

Otherwise they are the same?

And if the 7200 is only available in the UK - why was the article that was posted above - from a French news release, etc...?

post #475 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 01:22 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:

OK... that doesn't make sense... confused.gif

The $179 blu-ray player has duel core processors - but the $299 blu-ray player doesn't...?

Otherwise they are the same?

confused.gif

Best to recalculate that.

EUR349 = USD480.50 at current exchange rates.
marctronixx likes this.
post #476 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain- View Post

Best to recalculate that.

EUR349 = USD480.50 at current exchange rates.

LOL, OK, so even more so to my point...

:p

post #477 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Liked: 19
Simple, anyone can go to the Sony site and get in a chat session with one of their tech and get the same answer.
post #478 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Simple, anyone can go to the Sony site and get in a chat session with one of their tech and get the same answer.

Yes, because we all know that the Sony site chat reps know what they are talking about...

LOL

:p

marctronixx likes this.
post #479 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have the 103D and owned a S790 and now the newer s6200. There's no difference in picture quality and upscaling between the s790 and s6200 that I can see. If you turn off all image enhancements on both the 103D and the s6200, BDs look the same.

DVDs look different between the 103D and the 6200. I payed $599 for the 103D so DVDs must always look better !!

Seriously though, only you can really decide what you like. Some people don't like Darby or any processing .... If so, don't waste you hard earned.
marctronixx likes this.
post #480 of 1225 Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I bought the S6200 multi region version off Ebay from Global Electronics. So far, I'm loving it and it works as advertised. (knock on wood). However, when I try to update the firmware via the internet I keep getting a an error message "Connection Status cannot be confirmed. Cannot communicate with server. Please try again later" The player is hard wired to the internet and I am able to access the internet apps on the player with no issues, so it's not my internet connection. I also have the S790 and it connects fine when i try to update the firmware. Anyone here's having the same issue?Thanks!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page