Official Sony BDP-S1200, BDP-S3200, BDP-S4200, BDP-S5200, BDP-S6200, and BDP-S7200 - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
Look I am happy to open the 7200 and post photos of anything.

I would be surprised if it had internal cooling and also surprised if the internals were drastically different.

If someone will link up photos of the 6200 I'll gladly take off the cover of the 7200.

Don't be surprised if they are the same... :-)

Sorry marctronixx but I aint taking my 6200 apart and take photos of it just to see if it has the same components as the 7200, no way! lol
marctronixx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Got the 1200 setup in the bedroom direct connected to DSL modem. Im still having Netflix issues on both units, most of the time the best I can get is 480 SD, where all speed tests, Vudu app, speedtest app on Roku, all report 5.6 mbps down and steady. After a few seconds stuff on Amazon prime clicks over to HD and stays and it looks great. Every now and then I get 720p but it is rare, Ive been testing all kinds of programming.

There is even a test video on Netflix you can use from a laptop to see how far your connection will allow it to ramp up (has a bitrate meter on screen like the sony), and I hit 4300 1080p level without issue. Not sure what the heck is going on.
I use my PS3 and 2013 smart TV to stream from Netflix and I have noticed in the past week that streams in the evening, during peak times, the streams on the PS3 often are at 480 or 720p, whereas they were often at 1080p Super HD within a minute or so. My smart TV doesn't do as well during peak hours, so I rarely use it unless it's early in the day, but I did run some tests during the past week and found it often was at 384 or 480. I downloaded some large files from the Internet fairly quickly last night. For instance, just before I started watching TV I downloaded a file that was over 40 MB in very acceptable time. My service provider is AT&T U-verse at 12 Mbps down. It is sounding more like a problem with congestion on Netflix's end. Of course, we won't know. And in mere seconds someone on the boards will write a lengthy essay on networking in response...3...2...1...

Last edited by ToonMasterTim; 07-09-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.
post #1203 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 130
For what they want for a 7200, I would rather buy a 6200 and buy another one IF the 6200 fails out of warranty. Who cares if the insides are better at that price difference?
marctronixx and steve1971 like this.
post #1204 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post
I use my PS3 and 2013 smart TV to stream from Netflix and I have noticed in the past week that streams in the evening, during peak times, the streams on the PS3 often are at 480 or 720p, whereas they were often at 1080p Super HD within a minute or so. My smart TV doesn't do as well during peak hours, so I rarely use it unless it's early in the day, but I did run some tests during the past week and found it often was at 384 or 480. I downloaded some large files from the Internet fairly quickly last night. For instance, just before I started watching TV I downloaded a file that was over 40 MB in very acceptable time. My service provider is AT&T U-verse at 12 Mbps down. It is sounding more like a problem with congestion on Netflix's end. Of course, we won't know. And in mere seconds someone on the boards will write a lengthy essay on networking in response...3...2...1...
There is obviously something going on on their end. When multiple speed tests on multiple devices result in the same results, and certain apps work while one is having issues, well, there ya go.
marctronixx likes this.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #1205 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post
It is sounding more like a problem with congestion on Netflix's end. Of course, we won't know. And in mere seconds someone on the boards will write a lengthy essay on networking in response...3...2...1...
No need. You are on the right track. It's a supply and demand issue.

If you want more details, check out the Netflix Streaming thread elsewhere in AVS.
marctronixx likes this.
post #1206 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I need to find and sub to that thread. By going up on rates, they need to work out and supply the proper product and PQ if they user speed is there.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
post #1207 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BDP-S7200 problems: DSD, 24fps, Handshake

Hi
got the following problems with the BDP-S7200. Your help and remarks are most welcome!

1.) Streaming Content (Amazon Prime, Maxdome, Sony Entertainment Network) is NOT output in its native fps. Everything is 1080p/60, which is problematic, since I live in PAL-country Germany and should have 1080p/24, 1080p/50 and 1080p/60 (depening on the source-material).
Movies encoded in 24fps are put out at 1080p/60, with the appropriate pull-up-shudder on moving object or pans. It seems to me, that the Sony is using the default output setting for streaming videos as well instead of changing it like when playing a BluRay for example.
There's no way to change this default setting, all I can choose is the resolution. The Sony obviously checks for the maximum possible display setting, which with all modern gear of course is 1080p/60, puts out its menu in that way and stays there for streaming content....

I called Amazon customer service: they told me, that they DO provide their movies in 24fps and series in the fps the studios provide them in.
Do YOU have that pull-up-problem as well? In case you have a BDP-S7200 or an earlier model, that does provide access to Amazon, Maxdome or SEN: are YOU able to get 24fps on your TV/Beamer? If yes: which combination, which movie?
1080p/24 DOES work though, when watching a BluRay, so it's not a problem within my setup...

2.) DSD from UPNP is not working as expected.
When attaching an USB-stick with .dsf or .dff files, the Sony is able to play native DSD and deliver it as DSD or decoded PCM via HDMI. Since my Onkyo PR-SC5508 preamp is able to decode native DSD via HDMI, I can use both options.
On my audio-server, I am using MinimServer, which is able to index .dsf and .dff. I have a few DSD-files, so browsing UPNP on the Sony, I can get up to the album, but then, the Sony puts out the error "no content found" - it seems not to be able to find the files via UPNP.
Since MinimServer is capable of transcoding DSD to dopwav (DSDoverWav), I tried this option. Now, the Sony finds and plays those files, and puts them out as PCM, but obviously, it is DSD "encapsulated" in WAV. Since my Onkyo is not able to "see" that DSD-format, he just sees PCM, but stays mute.
So: im my setup, there's no way to "stream" DSD.
Do you see any chance, that Sony might provide a way how to "see" plain and normal .dsf / .dff - files via UPNP?`

3. I do have a handshake problem, which only seems to occur with the BluRay-Player (Apple TV, Popcorn Hour, Satellite-Receiver seem not to have this problem). My Onkyo provides two HDMI-outputs. Whenever BOTH outputs are active, there's no picture from the Sony (options on the Onkyo are to get best possible resolution for both outputs or give output 1 or 2 a preference in terms of resolution/fps). Actually, it looks like this: first, I get a distorted 1080p/24 picture on half of the screen, then the Sony switches to 1080p/60 and stays dark.
Only, when I limit the output to ONE HMDI-output (either my Panasonic Plasma or my JVC X70), the Sony will put out a visible picture.

Any help from your side, especially for the 24fps-streaming-problem, is most welcome. Let me know, whether you have any working combinations, so I can provide Sony support with user experiences... Thanks!
post #1208 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Your streaming content is not going to be output by the player, or most other devices, at 24hz. Its going to be 1080p/60.

AppleTV, Roku, Blu-ray players, Fire TV...

Roku stick on an MHL port will output 1080p/24, mine does.
marctronixx likes this.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
post #1209 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdr View Post
Hi
got the following problems with the BDP-S7200. Your help and remarks are most welcome!

When attaching an USB-stick with .dsf or .dff files, the Sony is able to play native DSD and deliver it as DSD or decoded PCM via HDMI. Since my Onkyo PR-SC5508 preamp is able to decode native DSD via HDMI, I can use both options.
On my audio-server, I am using MinimServer, which is able to index .dsf and .dff. I have a few DSD-files, so browsing UPNP on the Sony, I can get up to the album, but then, the Sony puts out the error "no content found" - it seems not to be able to find the files via UPNP.
Since MinimServer is capable of transcoding DSD to dopwav (DSDoverWav), I tried this option. Now, the Sony finds and plays those files, and puts them out as PCM, but obviously, it is DSD "encapsulated" in WAV. Since my Onkyo is not able to "see" that DSD-format, he just sees PCM, but stays mute.
Do you see any chance, that Sony might provide a way how to "see" plain and normal .dsf / .dff - files via UPNP?`
I'm pretty certain that the manual says that .dsf and .dff file support is only available via USB (there's a section of it in the back that shows which file types are supported via transport, USB and streaming).

You'd think it could just push the files through in their native state, but I'm sure there's some kind of copy protection process that has to happen which interferes.
marctronixx likes this.
post #1210 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 AM

@gadgtfreek : do you know, why? I see no reason for a conversion, when a content provider provides you with 1080p/24 material and it is not handled as such, if the display supports it. Since, afaik, Amazon, Sony Entertainment Network, Maxdome and others DO provide 24p material, isn't that strange? Especially: why would Sony themselves "backfire" on their own Sony Entertainment Network quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Your streaming content is not going to be output by the player, or most other devices, at 24hz. Its going to be 1080p/60.

AppleTV, Roku, Blu-ray players, Fire TV...

Roku stick on an MHL port will output 1080p/24, mine does.
post #1211 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Not sure, just has been like that.

When I had an Oppo 103D and Roku Stick on MHL, that stuff would output as 1080p/24 from netflix, but my blu-ray players do not output 24hz and the Roku 3 and Fire TV are all 60hz and do not offer a 24hz setting.
marctronixx likes this.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
post #1212 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
@gadgtfreek : do you know, why? I see no reason for a conversion, when a content provider provides you with 1080p/24 material and it is not handled as such, if the display supports it. Since, afaik, Amazon, Sony Entertainment Network, Maxdome and others DO provide 24p material, isn't that strange? Especially: why would Sony themselves "backfire" on their own Sony Entertainment Network quality?
There are endless threads on AVS about the Netflix output quality with different devices.

It's pretty clear that despite what Netflix is putting out, all of the various software/hardware options will produce different results with the same internet connection -- they all have different interpretations of your bandwidth capabilities.

Also, are you just seeing 60p when you start up a movie? Have you checked the quality after about 5 minutes into it?
marctronixx likes this.
post #1213 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Levi View Post
... they all have different interpretations of your bandwidth capabilities.

Also, are you just seeing 60p when you start up a movie? Have you checked the quality after about 5 minutes into it?
Thanks! Since I live in Germany, Netflix never has been an option, unfortunately.
It's not a DSL problem. I do have a 50MBit-line (download speeds are phenomenal, since I do not need to share the bandwidth with others), and Sony Entertainment Network for example shows me a 44.5 MBit streaming quality. With Amazon, I do get HD right on without delay, no noticeable variations in picture quality like when using unstable lines.
And: yes, 1080p/60 stays on during the whole movie and serie's episodes. I have already entirely watched several...
I think, it's important to stress, that I do not have a bandwidth problem, but a problem with the way, the Sony's video processors interact with the framerate of streaming content and the framerate put out to my displays. It just seems to be forced to 1080p/60, unless you put in a BluRay.
I have read posts from people, who use other network players, that they were able to get 24fps from Amazon instant video movies - these movies are 1080p/60 on my Sony...
It would be interesting to know, if anyone with a network-video-capable Sony BluRay (previous models do offer that as well, right?) or a Playstation achieve 24p playback with online content...

Last edited by dvdr; 07-10-2014 at 12:36 PM.
post #1214 of 2040 Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Levi View Post
It's pretty clear that despite what Netflix is putting out, all of the various software/hardware options will produce different results with the same internet connection -- they all have different interpretations of your bandwidth capabilities.
No, it's not about different interpretation. Different devices connect to different CDNs where the Netflix content is stored. This is why you'd get different image quality with different devices (even in the same household over same internet connection). Basically it's crapshoot.
post #1215 of 2040 Old 07-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Hi

Any help from your side, especially for the 24fps-streaming-problem, is most welcome. Let me know, whether you have any working combinations, so I can provide Sony support with user experiences... Thanks!
Sorry, but I have no resolution for you of this.

Does the BDP-S7200 have .dff/.dsf file multi-channel functionality via USB flash drive?
post #1216 of 2040 Old 07-12-2014, 03:22 AM

disappointing answer from Sony support

Just got an answer from Sony Support, Germany, for the problem, that streaming content such as Amazon Prime Video or Sony Entertainment Network will be forcefully converted from its native framerate (24fps, 25fps etc.) to 1080p/60:

they do not see that neither as a problem, nor an error in the firmware nor a flaw or weak point of the player.

This is very disappointing, since I personally cannot understand, how (also as a content provider!) you could accept any downgrade in picture quality on your top-of-the-line product, which could be easily prevented and would not even require a hardware-change, but merely a little bit of coding in the firmware. You wouldn't accept BluRays to be played back at 1080p/60, would you?
post #1217 of 2040 Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^The streaming apps are likely considered to be "add-ons" that keep their players relevant...and are likely not the focus of the engineers...blu-ray discs are what these devices are designed for and therefore have many playback options available.

It would be surprising if a device designed for streaming couldn't stream the native format...but I can see why Sony didn't think putting that feature on their blu-ray players was important.

It is interesting that many posts in this thread have nothing to do with blu-ray playback. Instead, many are worried about streaming ability. There are media players specifically designed for streaming and playing most (if not all) codecs. Sony never claimed these players to be the "one and only device you will ever need" for playing media. They are blu-ray players that will play some other stuff if it helps you out.

Last edited by Nickff; 07-13-2014 at 06:19 PM.
post #1218 of 2040 Old 07-12-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
^^^The streaming apps are likely considered to be "add-ons" that keep their players relevant...and are not the focus of the engineers...blu-ray discs are what these devices are designed for and therefore have many playback options available.

It would be surprising if a device designed for streaming couldn't stream the native format...but I can see why Sony didn't think putting that feature on their blu-ray players was important.

It is interesting that many posts in this thread have nothing to do with blu-ray playback. Instead, many are worried about streaming ability. There are media players specifically designed for streaming and playing most (if not all) codecs. Sony never claimed these players to be the "one and only device you will ever need" for playing media. They are blu-ray players that will play some other stuff if it helps you out.

There is a reason the Oppo costs what it does...and (unlike) the 7200 it is not just because of its case.

Well said Nick and I agree 100%. It seems now days more people care about streaming then the physical side of watching a movie which is what these players are truly made for and that's Blu ray/Dvd playback not streaming. Streaming is an add on feature to enjoy and nothing more.
marctronixx and KONICA TECH like this.
post #1219 of 2040 Old 07-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can a BX320 or BX520 be controlled with Sony's Android app?
marctronixx likes this.
post #1220 of 2040 Old 07-12-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadoublej View Post
Can a BX320 or BX520 be controlled with Sony's Android app?
Description lists the bx310 and bx510. There is another Sony remote in the Play store from Pocketwood that may work if the official one does not.
marctronixx likes this.
post #1221 of 2040 Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 PM

I can understand your point, but let me put it like this:
I do own a Popcorn Hour A400. Syabas either never cared or was not allowed to incorporate access to Amazon Instant Video or Sony Entertaintment Network. On the other hand, companies like Sony or Samsung do make a big deal about enhancing their BluRay Players or TVs to access internet content. They do advertise it as a main (high-quality) feature. For me as a customer (owning a streaming player, that is limited in that field), that was the main reason for choosing the Sony, when I had to replace my old BluRay-Player.
Imho, streaming will become more and more important, as DSL-bandwidth gets better and better. Remember the development of audio-streaming? It started out with 16-32Kbit/s special codec-ed crappy sound quality, and today, there's companies offering flac-streaming in CD-quality. With Sony Entertainment Network, I do reach streaming speeds up to 44MBit/s at my home, a speed, that with modern codecs does allow very good picture and sound quality.
That's why I do not understand Sony's attitude at all, to advertise streaming as a key feature, (being content providers themselves and knowing the technical specs!) to not properly implement it on the other hand and later on to not even consider this as being a flaw or weak point worth being corrected. I choose to say "do it properly or don't do it at all".

Quote:
^^^The streaming apps are likely considered to be "add-ons" that keep their players relevant...and are not the focus of the engineers...blu-ray discs are what these devices are designed for and therefore have many playback options available.

Last edited by dvdr; 07-13-2014 at 05:17 AM.
post #1222 of 2040 Old 07-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
I do own a Popcorn Hour A400. Syabas either never cared or was not allowed to incorporate access to Amazon Instant Video or Sony Entertaintment Network. On the other hand, companies like Sony or Samsung do make a big deal about enhancing their BluRay Players or TVs to access internet content. They do advertise it as a main (high-quality) feature. For me as a customer (owning a streaming player, that is limited in that field), that was the main reason for choosing the Sony, when I had to replace my old BluRay-Player.
Imho, streaming will become more and more important, as DSL-bandwidth gets better and better. Remember the development of audio-streaming? It started out with 16-32Kbit/s special codec-ed crappy sound quality, and today, there's companies offering flac-streaming in CD-quality. With Sony Entertainment Network, I do reach streaming speeds up to 44MBit/s at my home, a speed, that with modern codecs does allow very good picture and sound quality.
That's why I do not understand Sony's attitude at all, to advertise streaming as a key feature, (being content providers themselves and knowing the technical specs!) to not properly implement it on the other hand and later on to not even consider this as being a flaw or weak point worth being corrected. I choose to say "do it properly or don't do it at all".
Quite possibly, the right hand (Sony Support) doesn't understand what the left hand (Sony Marketing) is on about.

If that's the case, then someone from Management needs to get them talking to each other.
post #1223 of 2040 Old 07-13-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If they "did it properly", then the machine would cost more to produce and would retail for much more. My guess us they don't see much of a market for that type of unit. That market is filled by other units already and I would guess most consumers are happy with what they (Sony) do include.
post #1224 of 2040 Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:

All Sony BDPs output 60p for streaming by design. Sony only ever claimed supporting 24p for bluray and DVDs. If you don't like it <OP to the problem>, get a samsung player instead. There you do have an ability to send 24p out for streaming content if you want.
The fact that the Sony players only outputs 60p for all streamed content certainly isn't a flaw in its firmware and only you can determine if it's a weak point.

Last edited by apw2607; 07-17-2014 at 05:01 PM.
post #1225 of 2040 Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Did Sony remove the 3net app now on the 6200? I had it on my S5100 but its not on the 6200. First Sony removed their own 3D app and now 3net? That sucks. That being said I have had my 6200 now since early June and it plays everything I throw at it and it does it well. Its turning out to be one of the best Blu ray players I have to own.
marctronixx likes this.
post #1226 of 2040 Old 07-16-2014, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
^^^The streaming apps are likely considered to be "add-ons" that keep their players relevant...and are likely not the focus of the engineers...blu-ray discs are what these devices are designed for and therefore have many playback options available.

I am one of those people that are not primarely concerned about the Blu-Ray disc playback. With a valid "Sony-created" reason. I own two Sony HDR-TD 3D camcorder devices (TD10E and TD20VE). These devices record in a "Sony Patented" 3D .m2ts format. If you want to edit the footage and play this back on a 3D TV or beamer in 3D, you would have to "downgrade" the 1080/50i camcorder .m2ts format to either 1080/24p or 720/50p (Europe PAL) and create a 3D BluRay disc or .iso file. So you either lose smoothness on the movement area (from 50i to 24p) or you lose resolution (from 1080 to 720). None of the current MediaPlayers will play the .m2ts file format and deliver 3D output. I tried to play footage using my Sony (!!!) Vaio laptop (one of the most recent models) hooked up to my Yamaha AV receiver with the HDMI cable. Perfect playback unfortunately, my Optoma beamer does not recognise it as 3D.... though it clearly is 3D since you get to see the "double" picture you get when the glasses are not used or off. Unfortunately, my Optoma refuses to send out the synch signal...

When I looked in to this matter and asked the guys and galls of Med8er if their latest player could do the trick, they informed my about the patent problem and adviced me to look in to the Sony Blu-Ray players. I did and found the choice between the BDP-S6200 and the S7200. The Sony BDP-S7200 in its specs claimed it could playback 3D camcorder content. Now that to me is a reason for purchase. The S6200 might be able to, but it is not thus specifically specified as was the case with the S7200.. Funny thing is though, that I wanted to copy-paste the link toward the Sony web-site where I found this difference a month ago, however I can't find it now.... So I downloaded both usermanuals from the Sony Support website to see if I could find a difference there in the list of supported files. None whatsoever. Can't figure why I should spend an extra €100 on the S7200... Other than the design, but I am not bothered by the Diamond design of the S6200. So I"ll hop on my motorcycle tonight and get the S6200 see if that plays my 3D camcorder content... in 3D.

To be continued....

Edit:

Picked up the S6200 unit, hooked it up. Unfortunately, no 3D playback of the .m2ts files.... I guess that distinguishes the S6200 from the S7200 (since I remember having seen a "3D camcorder" playback box ticked at some specs list of the S7200). Bugger. Crisp and clear 3D Blu-Ray disc play back (The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug). Made me wonder: why could I not be able to make a 3D 1080-24p Blu-Ray out of my 1080-50i footage that plays as nice as this commercial 3D Blu-Ray that very likely is 1080-24p? So the next thing to buy is a Blu-Ray burner and a stack of Blu-Ray discs. I aught to be able to buy quite some of those for just the price difference between the S7200 and the S6200 alone...

So, to be continued once more.
marctronixx and steve1971 like this.

Last edited by Bergj69; 07-16-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: editorial, enhanced clarity. New information
post #1227 of 2040 Old 07-18-2014, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi all,

I've got the Sony BDP-S4100, and I'm trying to use Amazon Instant Video, now when I click it, it brings me to a page that says go to this site and enter this activation code, which I do, but after doing this, I'm asked to enter credit card details. Is it the same for everyone? Why do I need to enter these details when I already pay for Amazon Prime.

Please advise.
post #1228 of 2040 Old 07-18-2014, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNZi View Post
Hi all,

I've got the Sony BDP-S4100, and I'm trying to use Amazon Instant Video, now when I click it, it brings me to a page that says go to this site and enter this activation code, which I do, but after doing this, I'm asked to enter credit card details. Is it the same for everyone? Why do I need to enter these details when I already pay for Amazon Prime.

Please advise.
You should be able to log in using your existing Amazon log in info.
marctronixx likes this.
post #1229 of 2040 Old 07-18-2014, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
You should be able to log in using your existing Amazon log in info.
When you say log in, do you mean the link I'm told to go to on the player so it says go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ I think and login.

Or, do you mean on the actual player I'm meant to login with my amazon details somewhere over there?
post #1230 of 2040 Old 07-18-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNZi View Post
When you say log in, do you mean the link I'm told to go to on the player so it says go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ I think and login.

Or, do you mean on the actual player I'm meant to login with my amazon details somewhere over there?
I logged into my Amazon account via the Amazon Prime app on the player.
marctronixx likes this.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790
Gear in this thread - S790 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page