Official OPPO BDP-105D Owner's Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 670 Old 07-17-2014, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^

The 3 to 5 second audio mute when fast forwarding, reversing, or after a pause (or changing channels) is my main (actually only) dissatisfaction with my set-up. Since RichB is having the same problem and we are both using the 105D with analog outs to an A51, but different set-top sources, I'm inclined to believe the problem is with my Oppo settings rather than the very limited settings available with the Dish set-top, but I am sure I have tried every setting and combination of settings in the Oppo. RichB, I hope you solve your situation and share it with us. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 670 Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallyconfused View Post
^^^

The 3 to 5 second audio mute when fast forwarding, reversing, or after a pause (or changing channels) is my main (actually only) dissatisfaction with my set-up. Since RichB is having the same problem and we are both using the 105D with analog outs to an A51, but different set-top sources, I'm inclined to believe the problem is with my Oppo settings rather than the very limited settings available with the Dish set-top, but I am sure I have tried every setting and combination of settings in the Oppo. RichB, I hope you solve your situation and share it with us. Thanks.
I removed the Lumagen from the chain and there was no difference. I have not found any settings in the 105D that has any effect.
However, the Panasonic 65ZT60 definitely has slow HDMI handshaking.

It may be system specific so I recommend contacting Oppo support and see if they have any suggestions.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15

Last edited by RichB; 07-17-2014 at 07:08 AM.
post #663 of 670 Old 07-17-2014, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unable to connect BDP105 to Apps

I am unable to get my new Oppo 105 to connect to the iOS App on any of my devices. The oppo is on the network, I can see it from the app, but when I select it then it immediately say "connection failed". If I change the name of the Oppo the new name shows up in the app with the correct ip, etc but when I select it then it fails. .

Any ideas?
post #664 of 670 Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 34
did you check to see if you have the latest version of the app? I have deleted and reinstalled the app before to get it to work. Have you turned off the oppo and restarted to try to connect again?
post #665 of 670 Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Also, the latest iOS app requires the latest player firmware. Check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information. The "Main" firmware version number should end "0515".

If you are trying to use the app to Power On the player, additional requirements are:

1) Quick Start must be set

2) You must either be using Ethernet networking, or the Wifi dongle must be plugged into the USB 1 socket on the back of the player, and Wifi networking enabled.
--Bob
post #666 of 670 Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 AM

Liked: 12
FWIW, and that might not be much, I also have a 50" Pioneer Kuro display (but use a Tivo Romio) and have also noted that the HDMI handshake is pretty slow... I suspect that the Kuro is starting to show it's age, relative to the HDMI in the TiVo and 105, but the picture is so good I'm willing to live with the slow handshake and resulting audio gap issues.
scirica likes this.
post #667 of 670 Old 07-18-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Im curious as to how you guys have your 105d's hooked up? I was planning on running the oppo to the stereo outs on the yamaha and use the hdmi out strictly for blu ray. Is there a big difference between the hdmi and the analog outs? Thanks in advance guys
post #668 of 670 Old 07-19-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel217 View Post
Im curious as to how you guys have your 105d's hooked up? I was planning on running the oppo to the stereo outs on the yamaha and use the hdmi out strictly for blu ray. Is there a big difference between the hdmi and the analog outs? Thanks in advance guys
Yes there is. With analog outs, you're using the audio DACs of the Oppo. With HDMI, you're using the audio DACs of your AVR. Which is better depends on your AVR's DACs and implementation.
post #669 of 670 Old 07-19-2014, 11:40 AM

Hi,

I own Oppo 105D which I bought 2 months ago. I recently started using navigation buttons on the front panel instead of the remote. However, I noticed that sometimes the buttons, when playing CD, are not responsive. I can see that they light up when I press them, but the player does not react. It happens from time to time. I do not have any issues when operating the player using the remote. Has anyone experienced it?

Thank you,
jabol
post #670 of 670 Old Today, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Please take all audio theory discussion to the audio theory thread.

Thank you.
gsr likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105 , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page