post #1141 of 1145 Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dssquared View Post
Just got a 105D for Christmas. I have it hooked up to a 65 inch Panasonic plasma through a Marantz SR7007 receiver. I've double checked my connection (HDMI 1) and I'm not sure if it's me but I'm not seeing much in the way of the Darbee processing. It doesn't look much different to me. Also, this may be a dumb question, but if I have both an HDMI cable and analog stereo cables hooked up, does it default to the HDMI only? I'm kind of confused about the hook up instructions regarding that. I'll keep going through the instructions but I'd appreciate help.
'
All outputs should be active (HDMI and Analog). You would just select which one you were using on your Marantz.

Regarding Darbee on your plasma. I have a Panny 65VT50 hooked up to my 105D and I do see a noticeable difference (for the better). You might want to use the split screen or scrolling demo mode on paused content. For reference, I'm using 40% effect on the HD mode. My VT50 has been professionaly calibrated.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). "Silenzio" EA-2 Media Server (pc-based). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1145 Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! That helped. Yeah, I see a difference but I am being somewhat conservative at this point. I have the Darbee set on HD at maybe 60 on it's scale. Oh, and WOW this player sounds sweet! Makes my B&Ws sound even cleaner. I'm sure once it breaks in it will sound even better. Other than my Pono player, this is my first real exposure to upgraded DACs etc. The value of this player for the money is incredible. Since you obviously have the equipment to hear the nuance between inputs, do you prefer analog or HDMI for music?

'That sure is a nice record player you got there...'
post #1143 of 1145 Old Today, 05:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
do you prefer analog or HDMI for music?
Remember that if you use HDMI for music, you are totally bypassing the 105's DACs (in which case you should have bought the 103!).
post #1144 of 1145 Old Today, 08:06 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 1032
Quote:
Just got a 105D for Christmas. I have it hooked up to a 65 inch Panasonic plasma through a Marantz SR7007 receiver. I've double checked my connection (HDMI 1) and I'm not sure if it's me but I'm not seeing much in the way of the Darbee processing. It doesn't look much different to me. Also, this may be a dumb question, but if I have both an HDMI cable and analog stereo cables hooked up, does it default to the HDMI only? I'm kind of confused about the hook up instructions regarding that. I'll keep going through the instructions but I'd appreciate help.
'
To use Darbee, do not use Source Direct as your video Resolution. (And make sure you are using the HDMI 1 output, which you say you have done.)

Go into the Darbee settings and enable one of the two Darbee Demo modes (e.g., Split Screen). The black divider line should be visible on the screen. That shows you Darbee is functioning. Now set a ridiculously high Darbee processing value, such as 100. The portion of the screen to the left of the divider line is the processed portion. You should be able to see the difference easily. Reduce the Darbee value down to a more normal level, such as 35, for normal viewing, and get rid of the demo mode once you've gotten used to how Darbee looks.

The HDMI and Analog Audio outputs are live simultaneously out of the player. It's up to the settings in your AVR whether HDMI Audio or Analog Audio is being listened to.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #1145 of 1145 Old Today, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Thanks! That helped. Yeah, I see a difference but I am being somewhat conservative at this point. I have the Darbee set on HD at maybe 60 on it's scale. Oh, and WOW this player sounds sweet! Makes my B&Ws sound even cleaner. I'm sure once it breaks in it will sound even better. Other than my Pono player, this is my first real exposure to upgraded DACs etc. The value of this player for the money is incredible. Since you obviously have the equipment to hear the nuance between inputs, do you prefer analog or HDMI for music?
I definitely prefer the analog XLR outputs for stereo listening. I recently added a pc-based media server and Bryston BDA-2 DAC. For CD listening, the server/DAC combo is my new favorite (no Oppo at all), but I still use the Oppo for SACD listening and of course 5.1 material. I've been told some day I will stop using the Oppo all-together, but personally I believe it will alway have a place in my system. It is a fantastic universal player for the price.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). "Silenzio" EA-2 Media Server (pc-based). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105
Gear in this thread - 103d by PriceGrabber.com