Common HDMI Issue with Pioneer BDP-05FD/09FD/23FD/51FD/320/LX52/LX71/LX91 Players with Renesas CPUs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2014, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I notice that if I turn off a device in the chain while the player is on, turn off the player, and turn on all my devices again, saving the player for last, the player gives me an error on the TV screen and tells me to press DISPLAY to continue. Then when I check the player's settings, I notice that some of the player's HDMI settings got changed, when I didn't change them. I then have to do the hold-stop-at-power-off reset and make all my settings again. I can avoid this by making sure that the player is the last device I turn on, and when finished, the first device I turn off. The problem with this is if I get a brief power interuption, I have to make all my settings again. Yet players with MediaTek CPUs (Pioneer BDP-52FD/53FD/62FD/140/150/160/170/440/450/LX55 and Yamaha BD-A1000/1010/1020 and BD-S473/667/671/673/677/1067) don't lose their settings and/or give me error messages every time a device in the chain is turned off while the player is on. When sharing the system with others who are not familiar or comfortable around technology, things get tense when explaining how important it is to turn the player on last and when finished, turn the player off first. Worse yet, if someone forgets, they get impacient when I have to take the time to perform the hold-stop-at-power-off reset and make all my settings again. As much as I appreciate the subtle difference multi-channel PQLS from my BDP-23FD gives me, I'm wondering if I should just give up PQLS and connect my Yamaha BD-A1010, get a Pioneer BDP-62FD before they disappear, wait and see if Pioneer comes out with a BDP-82FD/83FD this fall, or if we should convince Pioneer to release a firmware update for the players with Renesas CPUs that would prevent the players from being even the slightliest affected by even the briefest power interuption within the chain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2014, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Has anyone else had this Blu-ray player HDMI issue?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-28-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Specificly, I get a screen with the line "New component added." As I said, my settings get changed when this happens. Are these Renesis Pioneer players the only ones that do this? While I love the PQLS feature and multi-region SD DVD via IR, I'm starting to miss my SACDs, being able to play audio without turning on my TV, and being able to play from thumbdrives. Also, forward and reverse scanning isn't as manageable with these players. So I decided to retire my BDP-23FD and put my Yamaha BD-A1010 back in my system. I'd love to have PQLS, but considering how subtle the difference is, unless Pioneer comes out with a flagship Blu-ray player with the MediaTek (or faster) CPU, for now, the BD-A1010 addresses my issues. I don't have to worry about what order things are powered up and shut down. Forward and reverse scanning are more manageable. I can play audio sources without turning on the TV. I can play via USB thumbdrive. As far as whether it's better to have a DSD-to-PCM conversion frequency of 88.2 KHz with PQLS (Pioneer BDP-52FD/53FD/62FD/140/150/440/450/LX55), or 176.4 KHz without PQLS (Yamaha BD-A1000/A1010/S1067), while I'd love to be able to reproduce the higher frequencies without jitter, it's better to reproduce the higher frequencies with jitter than not to reproduce them at all. So putting my 1010 back in my system also takes care of that. Even though the Yamaha BD-A1010 can't be made multi-region via IR, I can burn region-free copies which will play on it just fine.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page