BD-F5700 Blu Ray player Owner's Thread - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
BD-F5700 Blu Ray player Owner's Thread

Is there any remote control with a keyboard that can be used with the Samsung BD-F5700 Blu Ray player?

I like the F5700 player so far but the UI in most of the apps like Youtube & Netflix are tedious at best and downright hostile at worst.

I'm told the USB port on the front of the player is for media devices only and doesn't support a keyboard (and this seems to be true from the testing I did)

Is there any kind of remote keyboard or solution for entering text through the player?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung BD-F5700 CD info?

I have a F5700 that I've been using for a month now and just last night played a CD through it. It didn't show the info for any of my albums that I tried, all commercially bought CDs. It juts showed blank artwork and listed the tracks as "Track 01, 02 etc..." Is there anyway I can go about having the track info and album art appear on the screen while playing CDs?

Thanks
post #3 of 7 Old 11-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Samsung BD-F5700

What is the consensus on the performance of the Samsung BD-F5700? I'm pairing it with a HU8550 TV. The width of the BD-F5700 works well for my situation/cabinet.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2014, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stupid Problem Samsung BD-f5700 and Denon AVS-590

I tried to add a Samsung BD-F5700 to my system. When I set it to bitstream, my Denon 590 detects the DTS HD (or Dolby HD) but plays it at a tiny volume relative to the other tracks. I can turn up the volume, but if I switch to say a commentary track, that now is blaring (any non HD audio on the disk). Things work how I want with my old Sony player. I don't remember it being this hard. Has anyone had any issues like this?
post #5 of 7 Old 02-24-2015, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had 2 problems with the BD-F5700, to wit:

1) It will not pass Dolby Digital audio from a bluray disc or from USB media to my Yamaha RX-V377 receiver. If either the bitstream (unprocessed) or the bitstream (re-encode Dolby Digital) options are selected, and the source audio is any flavor of DD, it decodes the DD to PCM 2-channel and passes that. It will pass DD from streaming services like Netflix. The workaround to this problem with bluray discs is to select bitstream (re-encode DTS), but that means never getting to hear TrueHD. No workaround to USB media with DD audio other than encoding audio into DTS.

2) At first, the unit had a very hard time playing Netflix videos, with lots of re-buffering. This problem seems to have gone away by itself, but not before I went out and bought a Roku stick. Apparently installing a Roku stick made the unit jealous, and it decided it better shape up or it would be returned.
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 09:01 AM

Samsung Players with Audio Outputs

I've got a BD-F5700. but assume all Samsung players work the same way. If I connect a cable to the audio output, be it optical or coax, will the player continue to send audio signals through the HDMI cable? I would like to be able to switch between the 2 outputs for audio without physically removing the audio cable.
post #7 of 7 Unread Today, 01:46 PM

Well, as it turns out, the player does send audio through hdmi even with audio cable connected, so you can easily switch between the 2 inputs with an AVR. Also I as expected, the player will send dolby digital through the coax cable but not through hdmi. Apparently, Samsung & Yamaha don't like to shake hands and would rather do things anonymously.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bd-f5700 , Blu Ray Players , Samsung
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page