AVS Forum banner

I have a really queer problem

822 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Pablorock 
#1 ·
All of my movies play just fine. Except The Bourne Identity. I put that disc in and it will only play to a certain point in the movie and then it will just go to the end. I have tried hitting Stop twice. I've shut off the power. The disc itself is brand new. And the older disc that I had was acting up in the same manner.

This is extremely strange. For some reason my Denon player no longer likes this movie. No matter what I do when I get to that place in the film, the movie just says no more and it goes to the end.

When I play it from the beginning I also tried just hitting fast forward for awhile and it eventually just stops, maybe from overheating or something?

All my other movies play fine but next month I will most likely get a new player. This Denon is about 13 years old now. Maybe something is worn out?

Unless you guys know what would be causing this wierd issue with just one particular movie.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Please post your issue in the thread for your player. At 13 years old, is this a DVD player?

#4 ·
First BD players have only been around 10 years (06/06). Model number would help.

#9 ·
Says the poster with a name that rhymes with "vesticles". lol... i kid, i kid.. seriously..

I laughed too.

Would the OP pop back in to provide some more info? This sounds to me like either a bad disc (take your disc and go see if the local stores with dvd/blu-ray players on display can play your movie fine... ) or the OP's player is heinously old and failing in a way it never has before.

One test ought to tell whether the OP needs to go spend $15 for a new blu-ray/DVD combo pack, or buy a new player.

#11 ·
I don't know if I would call that problem "queer". Maybe a tad effeminate, but not queer.

I would just try to clean the disk. Usually just wiping with a clean cloth (I use eyeglass cloth or camera lens wipes). Just wipe from the inside out (never around the disk). If that doesn't work, I go a little further with some dish soap (which usually does the trick). If that doesn't work, I buy a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.