post #151 of 155 Old 01-22-2006, 08:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod
I do not plan on wasting my time posting in the BR/HD DVD threads anymore. To many people do not want to see both sides. I just feel like I will be saying "I told you so" by this Christmas...Either way, I will start enjoying 48 dvds in HD this March and a lot more by the summer...Any HD medium will get my support...Especialy the cheapest!

Obviously this didn't come to pass as you've been quite a healthy participant, usually pushing HD-DVD with this same "I'm going to watch HD in March" non post.

And that's all there is to it. That's the only "fact" that you and a lot of others care about, and that's fine. Unfortuneately, it may be a bit too oversimplified and narrow of a viewpoint, especially when you start looking out over a longer period of time.

Point blank Joe: See the bolded item? What does that mean?

You keep making these vague allusions, then the comment about how you are going to watch HD in March, and all the rest of the vague generalities, but what MISSING FACTS and missing TRUTH are some people supposedly missing out on?

You keep writing this same post almost word for word all over the place.

Considering the line of work you're in, I NEED to see more weighty and meaningful material from you than stuff like this. I know you can do better than this. :)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 155 Old 01-22-2006, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_
That could very well be wrong. A lot of people have upgraded their TVs, lots of people are well aware that it's a waste of money to spend $ on a conventional TV at this point.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people who have or are about to buy HDTV, don't care much about OTA TV, and are considering HD or BD DVD.

BTW, thinking of J6P isn't the right target market. It's the people with money to spend and not a lot of time to mess around who'll be the mass market here for the next couple years.
13 % HDTV displays is a drop in the bucket....especially when the vast majority of those 13% have no digital input.

Anyone that looks at this realistically....knows there will be no mass market for any hi res format for at least 2-3 years....and much longer than that before that mass market ever quits buying sd dvd, and starts buying hi res on a regular basis..
post #153 of 155 Old 01-22-2006, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm
Faud, why are you posting the same article in two places? Anyway, as I responded in the other thread, you are incorrect. There is a hyperlink in the first sentence for the BD story. http://ces.betanews.com/entry/Bluray...War/1136581584

Sometimes it pays to not be too anxious to prove a point :).
First of all, it's Fuad. F-U-A-D.

Second of all, did you even bother to click on the link that I provided in my post? Because if you did, you'd find that the link matches the article that started this thread.

Let me provide the link in my post again, and not the link you posted.
http://www.betanews.com/article/HD_D...ems/1136673259

To quote you, "Sometimes it pays to not be too anxious to prove a point." And it pays to pay attention to type people's name.

Still the same name,

fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
post #154 of 155 Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteSimple
First of all, it's Fuad. F-U-A-D.

Second of all, did you even bother to click on the link that I provided in my post? Because if you did, you'd find that the link matches the article that started this thread.

Let me provide the link in my post again, and not the link you posted.
http://www.betanews.com/article/HD_D...ems/1136673259

To quote you, "Sometimes it pays to not be too anxious to prove a point." And it pays to pay attention to type people's name.

Still the same name,

fuad
Hey man, some of us know who you are and would never forget your name. :)

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #155 of 155 Old 09-21-2006, 11:28 AM
ocv

BR is crazy to make a product at $1000-1600
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page