One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 1071 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #32101 of 32107 Old 12-28-2014, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is not a BD-related question, but not sure where else to post.

I am having an issue related to the Hulu (Plus) App for my 160 GB PS3. I've been hearing a lot of crackling on Hulu shows, e.g. Wrong Mans S1 E3. The sound is replicable and appears in the same places during playback.

I believe I have this isolated to the PS3 Hulu app. I don't notice the same cracking from playing BDs or Netflix. Playing the same episode from a PC connected to my receiver has no crackling. I've checked and redone the speaker wiring, replaced the HDMI cable, and I live in an apartment so I've never come close to driving speakers at a level that would risk blowing them.

My setup: Energy Take 5.0 + Dayton Sub 1200 + Yamaha RX V675. PS3 connected to receiver via HDMI, and HDMI out to Vizio LCD HDTV.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that can be fixed via receiver or PS3 settings? What can I try? I'm at a loss since I don't know what the PS3 Hulu app outputs audio-wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32102 of 32107 Old 12-28-2014, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is not a BD-related question, but not sure where else to post.

I am having an issue related to the Hulu (Plus) App for my 160 GB PS3. I've been hearing a lot of crackling on Hulu shows, e.g. Wrong Mans S1 E3. The sound is replicable and appears in the same places during playback.

I believe I have this isolated to the PS3 Hulu app. I don't notice the same cracking from playing BDs or Netflix. Playing the same episode from a PC connected to my receiver has no crackling. I've checked and redone the speaker wiring, replaced the HDMI cable, and I live in an apartment so I've never come close to driving speakers at a level that would risk blowing them.

My setup: Energy Take 5.0 + Dayton Sub 1200 + Yamaha RX V675. PS3 connected to receiver via HDMI, and HDMI out to Vizio LCD HDTV.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that can be fixed via receiver or PS3 settings? What can I try? I'm at a loss since I don't know what the PS3 Hulu app outputs audio-wise.
post #32103 of 32107 Old 01-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 51
One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread

I was having trouble with all my content only being output as lossy on the PS3 so...

I checked the settings, making sure all the audio options were selected in the Audio Output Settings and Multi-Channel was set to OFF. All the HD Audio ones registered on my Denon 4520 as 7.1 and either DTS-HD MA or DolbyHD:

I don't know why they all show multi-channel, but they seem to show up right on at the receiver. Here is an overlay of the Denon 4520 audio info menu. Something interesting happened when I pressed fast forward into 1.5x speed:

Why does Multi-Channel keep showing up and is there a setting wrong somewhere? (Shouldn't it say 7.1 or something?) Is 3D + Dolby True HD the only Blu-ray playback limitation on the PS3?
post #32104 of 32107 Old 04-16-2015, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi all.
Two quick questions, if you will...

When you stream a movie from Sony Video Unlimited, or download it to the hard drive first, then play it via HDMI to a receiver....

1* How do you tell the PS3 to output the original bitstream, rather than convert to PCM ?

2* How do you output 1080p24 (as Netflix can), rather than 1080p60 ?

Thanks very much, in advance....

Last edited by Electric_Haggis; 04-16-2015 at 08:48 PM.
post #32105 of 32107 Old 06-21-2015, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Strange white vertical lines on bluray playback ps3

Whenever I play bluray on my ps3 there are strange vertical white lines all over the screen. Please see below image for details. What is wrong with my ps3.

Last edited by hussain; 06-21-2015 at 09:47 PM.
post #32106 of 32107 Old 06-21-2015, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
That's horizontal mate. Have you tried a new hdmi cable?
post #32107 of 32107 Old 06-21-2015, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Strange white vertical lines on bluray playback ps3

I've had the same problem before. I bought an expensive hdmi but it didn't work, Try to hook your ps3 directly to your tv, if it's gone then the receiver's setting is the problem. Set all your components (ps3/receiver) to maximum resolution. I found out that my receiver was set to 1080i instead of 1080p. Try it i hope it works.

My current setup:
PS3
Pioneer elite receiver
65" 1080p tv
Audioquest hdmi's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Lcd Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony , Toshiba
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page