One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 1071 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #32101 of 32102 Old Today, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is not a BD-related question, but not sure where else to post.

I am having an issue related to the Hulu (Plus) App for my 160 GB PS3. I've been hearing a lot of crackling on Hulu shows, e.g. Wrong Mans S1 E3. The sound is replicable and appears in the same places during playback.

I believe I have this isolated to the PS3 Hulu app. I don't notice the same cracking from playing BDs or Netflix. Playing the same episode from a PC connected to my receiver has no crackling. I've checked and redone the speaker wiring, replaced the HDMI cable, and I live in an apartment so I've never come close to driving speakers at a level that would risk blowing them.

My setup: Energy Take 5.0 + Dayton Sub 1200 + Yamaha RX V675. PS3 connected to receiver via HDMI, and HDMI out to Vizio LCD HDTV.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that can be fixed via receiver or PS3 settings? What can I try? I'm at a loss since I don't know what the PS3 Hulu app outputs audio-wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32102 of 32102 Old Today, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is not a BD-related question, but not sure where else to post.

I am having an issue related to the Hulu (Plus) App for my 160 GB PS3. I've been hearing a lot of crackling on Hulu shows, e.g. Wrong Mans S1 E3. The sound is replicable and appears in the same places during playback.

I believe I have this isolated to the PS3 Hulu app. I don't notice the same cracking from playing BDs or Netflix. Playing the same episode from a PC connected to my receiver has no crackling. I've checked and redone the speaker wiring, replaced the HDMI cable, and I live in an apartment so I've never come close to driving speakers at a level that would risk blowing them.

My setup: Energy Take 5.0 + Dayton Sub 1200 + Yamaha RX V675. PS3 connected to receiver via HDMI, and HDMI out to Vizio LCD HDTV.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that can be fixed via receiver or PS3 settings? What can I try? I'm at a loss since I don't know what the PS3 Hulu app outputs audio-wise.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Blu Ray Players , Blu Ray Movies , Sony , Toshiba , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page