Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I found this interesting. Would of thought they would have a working model by now, menus and all. But then again it isn't coming out for a few months yet-

Quote:
With the presented equipment it concerned a pilot lot model of the US version of the BDP-HD1, which was presumably to be sold in the process of the spring 2006 in the USA for 1800 US dollar. The equipment had also still no on screen menu and the control was possible only with a Notebook connected by a serial interface, why a representation of the menu options Blu ray of the Discs was not yet possible.
http://www.areadvd.de/news/2006/2006..._BDP-HD1.shtml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 01:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Near the end of the article they do say that Pioneer intends to show a final production model during the High End Fair in Munich, (25 to 28 May).

Only 5.1 audio outputs... That's going to hurt.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
-George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
post #3 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 03:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I like the translated portion of the german text:

Format 1080p (1920 x of 1080 pixels) with 24 pictures per second stored. This corresponds to the original image regeneration rate, with which films in the cinema are projected. The BDP-HD1 can spend the pictures also directly in 1080p with 24 cycles per second

This seems to be a second confirmation of 1080P24sf output (native rate of recorded film) in addition to 24P.

Spizz, I used Babblefish for translation...... Is it accurate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #4 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 05:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubert
Near the end of the article they do say that Pioneer intends to show a final production model during the High End Fair in Munich, (25 to 28 May).

Only 5.1 audio outputs... That's going to hurt.
Hmmm - so how are they going to then start manufacturing in quantities to launch in shops the same day?

Ahh... F1 in full HD 3D with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The

The
post #5 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam
Hmmm - so how are they going to then start manufacturing in quantities to launch in shops the same day?
It is the Samsung which is launching in May 23. The Pioneer and Sony ones will be "following shortly".

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
-George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
post #6 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam
Well Munich is in Germany and wont be available in Europe till Aug /Sept time
post #7 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 05:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Samsung BluRay? Is this model 1080P?

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #8 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 06:20 AM

thebland,

Yes...the Samsung BD-P1000 will output 1080p @ 60 and 24 fps.
post #9 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
So if the Pioneer is delayed and the Sony is only coming out in August, then it all comes down to the Samsung coming out on time. Otherwise, it'll be the exact opposite of the current HD DVD situation: BD movies released on 5/23, but no BD player to play them on. Good grief!
post #10 of 222 Old 03-16-2006, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1
So if the Pioneer is delayed and the Sony is only coming out in August, then it all comes down to the Samsung coming out on time. Otherwise, it'll be the exact opposite of the current HD DVD situation: BD movies released on 5/23, but no BD player to play them on. Good grief!
LOL that would be ironic wouldn't it? :)
post #11 of 222 Old 03-17-2006, 07:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Since neither camp seems to be able to get their act togather, I hope the winner of the format war is not SD!!
post #12 of 222 Old 03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
Since neither camp seems to be able to get their act togather, I hope the winner of the format war is not SD!!
I couldn't agree more!
post #13 of 222 Old 03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland
I like the translated portion of the german text:

Format 1080p (1920 x of 1080 pixels) with 24 pictures per second stored. This corresponds to the original image regeneration rate, with which films in the cinema are projected. The BDP-HD1 can spend the pictures also directly in 1080p with 24 cycles per second

This seems to be a second confirmation of 1080P24sf output (native rate of recorded film) in addition to 24P.
Why do you think that indicates split frame output as well as regular 24P output? I don't read that in there. It is possible that you will still need a scaler to take 1080p24 to 1080p24sf for the Qualia, and I might need a scaler to take 1080p24 to 1080p48 for the Ruby. I wish these devices would/will support 1080p24sf and 1080p48 output straight to avoid the need for a scaler to do something so simple.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #14 of 222 Old 04-14-2006, 02:36 PM

Could somebody explain me the difference between regular 1080p24f output and 1080p24sf? I'm curious which one it is that my Pana 900 projector accepts - it merely says in my manual that it's 1080/24p.

Thanks,
Ced
post #15 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 415
"sf" is segmented frames... almost like interlacing a progressive signal. 1080p/24 is supposed to be native progressive (which Blu-Ray discs movies are supposed to be encoded as). Most (if not all) of the Blu-Ray players should output raw 1080p/24 via HDMI... unless something changes during the summer.

Dan

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #16 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 09:02 AM
nyg
AVS Special Member

This thread has gone a bit off topic. As someone who has been planning on buying the Pioneer since it was launched I am very concerned about when I'll actually be able to make this purchase. What exactly is the latest information on its availability? I've heard some comments which seem to be based on rumors that the Pioneer may not come out until September. Anyone have any solid info? With BD movies coming out by the end of June I'm hopeful I won't have to wait much longer for the player I prefer.
post #17 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 10:27 AM

I think at this stage of the game the major manufacturers are waiting for all standards and specifications to finalize before shipping...it seems silly to release product after this long development period prematurely. The latest HDMI implementation not adopted? Can't play CDs? Other marketing issues? Who knows. . .

TA
post #18 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 30
From what I am hearing it will now be September before the Pioneer unit is available. It should have HDMI 1.3 by then (what they are waiting on).

There is also a chance that they will upgrade the analog outputs to 7.1 (according to one rumor).

According to what I had heard previously it will indeed output 1080p24sf. (This is a MUST for purchase). It would also be wonderful if it could output 1080p24 and 1080p48 (for Ruby). However, at this point 1080p24sf seems to be the most common standard for outputting a proper 24fps image - let's hope Pioneer is listening.

Lastly, the key feature of this unit for me is the UPnP support for all the rest of the media I have. Currently over 200 recorded HD films in TS format sitting on my servers. These are my own personal recordings and I would like to be able to play them back without using the HTPC. A straightforward CE device like the Pioneer would have much better playback ergonomics for what I am doing.

Also, if there is a chance at this stage - Pioneer please add a second HDMI output for just audio support.

Key Features:

UPnP
1080p24sf

Looking forward to it!

"That which can not be questioned, can not be trusted." - Me

- Affiliated
post #19 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Actually, 1080p/24 pure progressive is better than segmented frames. Why convert to a form of interlacing when you don't have to. There are actually more projectors that can take unaltered 1080p/24 (or 24 Hz) signals than 1080p/24sf anyway (even if they can't display 1920x1080p). Pretty much only the early Sony projectors are stuck with segmented frame output (the Qualia can be upgraded).

Having two HDMI outputs (one for video and one for audio) probably is not in the cards since in order for HDMI 1.3's new auto A/V synchronization feature to work properly both have to be on the same cable and timed the same until it's stripped apart via a surround processor.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #20 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
Why do you think that indicates split frame output as well as regular 24P output? I don't read that in there. It is possible that you will still need a scaler to take 1080p24 to 1080p24sf for the Qualia, and I might need a scaler to take 1080p24 to 1080p48 for the Ruby. I wish these devices would/will support 1080p24sf and 1080p48 output straight to avoid the need for a scaler to do something so simple.

--Darin
The last thing I expect to see is any manufacturer (including Sony) that even cares about what the Qualia will accept. I had determined not to get the 1080p60 upgrade for the Qualia, but, when mine needed service and had to get shipped to Laredo . . . I opted for it (by the way, Jeff, you should PM me about an important point regarding the upgrade).

As psyched as I've been about the advent of Blu-ray, I guess I've been naive about how real the race has been--and the poorly conceived feature-set of the players, as a point of sacrifice--and just how much none of these companies have it together with this format. Hey, I was there and saw it at CES (looked just as good as HD-DVD), so what's the problem, right? With Samsung pushing back their release (and let's see if that June 25 date remains firm), and everyone being being as specific as nailing jello to the wall on what the players will actually will do, I guess that nothing will surprise me on what these players won't do. 5.1 analog outputs that won't pass anything but conventional DD or DTS? Not even SACD on the Sony player? The Sony player not outputting the oddball 1080p24sf resolution that Sony saw fit to include as the only 1080p input on its $30,000 projector (and, though I still love my Qualia, if anyone doubts its death as a product line, just see what www.qualia.com brings up)?

By the way, I visited the former "Qualia" store in Vegas a few weeks ago (now called "SonyStyle"). The sales people there still love the Qualia 004, but they confirm it's done. The Ruby is on display.

Nick :cool:
post #21 of 222 Old 04-15-2006, 10:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
HI Nick,

I totally agree. I just (respectfully) wanted to point out tho that the Toshibas do output DD+ and DTS-HD over their 5.1 analog interfaces and as PCM via HDMI (at up to 96/24, I believe).

I felt I had to comment because I may have confused some folks with a fuss I made the other day about TruHD.

Ahh... F1 in full HD 3D with

The

The
post #22 of 222 Old 04-16-2006, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
i guess the delay from the bd have to do with the outputquestion
about 24p 24psf and 48hp.

i told the vice president from sony picture to look into it because it was bad for sony
if a sony qualia for $30000 cant display the 24 hz.
the output from the bd player should do on top of the 24p also 24psf 48 and 72p.
post #23 of 222 Old 04-18-2006, 04:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Wolfgang,

I'd obviously like to see 1080P24sf....Thanks for telling it to them!

WHen will there be any confirmation of specs?

post #24 of 222 Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
nyg
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The Blu-ray disc will be available this June.

Thank You,

Lance
Customer Service Representative
customer.support@pioneerservice.com

--Original Message--

Inquiry: Can you tell me when the Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1 Blu-ray player will be released in the USA? I'm very excited about the Blu-ray format and am hoping to make the Pioneer my first player. I had previously
read it would be out this April but lately I've only seen speculation that it might not arrive till September. I really hope this becomes available sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance for your reply.
I'm thrilled!! The Pioneer is the player I've had my mind set on since CES.
post #25 of 222 Old 04-20-2006, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Good news! If it's in June, I'd expect it to land near the launch date similar to how Toshiba's done things.

Looks like there'll at least be a choice on launch; Samsung or Pioneer.
post #26 of 222 Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The Blu-ray disc will be available this June.

Thank You,

Lance
Customer Service Representative
customer.support@pioneerservice.com

--Original Message--

Inquiry: Can you tell me when the Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1 Blu-ray player will be released in the USA? I'm very excited about the Blu-ray format and am hoping to make the Pioneer my first player. I had previously
read it would be out this April but lately I've only seen speculation that it might not arrive till September. I really hope this becomes available sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance for your reply. [\\Quote]

I would hope that Pioneer is talking about the player instead of just the Blu-ray discs as indicated by the response. I say this because the Discs have been pushed back to June as the first player was by Samsung. This message looks like it was quickly returned by a CSR who did not read your request

My Home Theater Site:

post #27 of 222 Old 04-20-2006, 09:40 PM
nyg
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Doogie
I would hope that Pioneer is talking about the player instead of just the Blu-ray discs as indicated by the response. I say this because the Discs have been pushed back to June as the first player was by Samsung. This message looks like it was quickly returned by a CSR who did not read your request
I wanted clarification as well so just to be sure I emailed them back asking specifically if their player is coming out in June, not just the discs. Will post back as soon as I get further confirmation.
post #28 of 222 Old 04-21-2006, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Discs are coming out in May though
post #29 of 222 Old 04-21-2006, 07:14 AM
nyg
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj
Discs are coming out in May though
Yes so far but I think it's reasonable to assume Sony may delay their 5/23 releases until June when there are players to use them on. The fact that they haven't done it already makes me wonder if by some miracle they'll move up the launch date of their player to May 23.
post #30 of 222 Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

WooHooo!!

Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page