Old 07-16-2006, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Doogie
I would like to see you're take on the Sony or Pioneer when they are available. Can you set me up as a reviewer :)
Now, how can you see his take on Sony or Pio if he sets you up as a reviewer ? ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Are you joking? I mean seriously, are you joking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinca1
You do not understand what i am asking. Take Phantom of the opera probally the best looking HD dvd, Why do not all movies equall this quality?? And once agian have you seen all movies on Bliu-ray??? if not you can not say that all so not look film like.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Are you joking by asking that?
Old 07-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Your post is like asking why aren't all humans the same. It's tough to carry on a discussion, with such ridiculous commentary.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataraj
Now, how can you see his take on Sony or Pio if he sets you up as a reviewer ? ;)

You got me there...Do you think I really have a chance at getting a 'free player with movies' :p :D :p :D

I had a dream.........

My Home Theater Site:

DJ-Theater
Old 07-16-2006, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
The problem is you offer very little objectivisim in what you say. You've already stated that you are bias to Blu-Ray so what difference does it make....What if all BD keep up this trend? Will you still back up this format? What about BD picture quality makes it as good as HD-DVD? How do you feel about the lack of audio codecs? How do you feel about BD50's being used on 20% of all films....You put down VC1 before so what makes MPEG2 better for you?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
Again, the two products are in direct competition with one another. They perform essentially the same function as one another. It would be irresponsible not to compare them point-by-point.

The only reason you don't want the Samsung player compared to the Toshiba is because you know that the Samsung is inferior in every peformance respect and you can't bear to hear it.
Are you really unable to read such short posts and understand them. I explicitly suggested you should compare the two players in a summary and/or intro. Following through with this practice throughout your entire piece is abnormal for a review and is a poor construct. Nearly all DVD players fulfil the same functions and yet reviews don't spend their time comparing features point by point between players, they focus on the device at hand. Do you really not understand this basic tenant of reviewing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsHT
Your sitting here whinning about other people whinning and not talking in favor of bluray and they should stay in there own forums or get banned and crying to the mods and saying how you have no interest in going in the other forums let alone posting. And I point out you can see your whinning posts in the HD forum too and this is all you can say.... thats just pathetic. waaa waaa waaa

So why cant the postives & the negatives or the topic be discussed by all?
Your sad little attempt to put words in my mouth isn't gonna fly. Try again. Thanks for the sterling detective work btw, it's just a shame you have no grasp of past vs present tense. Explain again why the majority of your posts are in the BD section if you're interested in HD DVD?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issac Hunt
Are you really unable to read such short posts and understand them. I explicitly suggested you should compare the two players in a summary and/or intro. Following through with this practice throughout your entire piece is abnormal for a review and is a poor construct. Nearly all DVD players fulfil the same functions and yet reviews don't spend their time comparing features point by point between players, they focus on the device at hand. Do you really not understand this basic tenant of reviewing?
Doesn't a review require that the reviewer use a measuring stick....How do you review something without any context? Many DVD player reviews and DVD PLayer discussions on these boards compare and contrast players to one another. Issac since you seem to have such a grasp on the "tenants" of reviewing could you please point me in the direction of your objective review? In which you review without making any judgements based on prior knowledge that you have compiled....I mean come on....Do you know how many shoot-out, comparison type reviews I read regarding CE products...Granted the review is not a shoot out...but the reviewer used his yardstick, his prior knowledge, to evaluate this new technology. I don't see why you are on the offensive about this and think some of your comments to Josh are just quite rude. It's obvious you don't care for the review...what do you want him to do here retract it?

I would also like to know exactly what tenant you are refering to in your post? The tenant of not comparing reviewed product to like products? Does this also mean it is inappropriate for reviewers to compare a BD or HD player to a DVD player? How would anyone know what was any good if comparisons couldn't be made?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203
That's pretty funny! But DVDTalk is a great website.....and they do great reviews
Much better site than the Digital Pits, IMHO.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

The bits has turned into just a mess...and I'm not saying that because I think Bill bats for Blu Ray....The content has just gone downhill...

Old 07-17-2006, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Your sad little attempt to put words in my mouth isn't gonna fly. Try again. Thanks for the sterling detective work btw, it's just a shame you have no grasp of past vs present tense. Explain again why the majority of your posts are in the BD section if you're interested in HD DVD?
What words did I put in your mouth that are incorrect? You indicated that anyone with any objections to anything about Bluray should not be able to post here. Yet when I point out that if anyone looks into your past posts they can see that youve posted in the HD forum... :eek:

Your persistent crying to the mods to ban people that speak against bluray from being here is hypocritical when you have done the same in the HD forum. Youve attacked us for stating anything objectively against bluray.

Your now indicating that since it was a month ago its ok. Do you not feel the need to be held accountable for your actions from a whole month ago?

Explain again? Did I explain it a first time and you just didnt understand it? Why does anyone that doesnt agree 100% with bluray have to explain why they can post in a bluray forum.

1. Because it is a public forum and the discussion is open for debate
2. Because it is HD and the same subject
3. To point out the incorrect & hypocritical statements you make

I was a BR supporter and have since found the HD to be cheaper by half with a superior picture quality. However that does not mean I have no interest in the future of BR. That does not mean I think the war is over and thus I do have an interest in both formats and there future.

So since at this moment I'm still interested in both formats I will read and discuss both formats in both forums. I will point out and continue to make comparisons between the two since it is the same subject and this is a public discussion board.

This particular review "Samsung Reviewed on DVDTalk.com" discusses of course a review of the samsung compared to the Toshiba and yet your complaining that people that support HD are here discussing the topic.

I'd think you do better debating this on the topic itself rather then who should be allowed to particapate in the debate. ;)
Old 07-17-2006, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Comparisons are allowed in a summary or intro but detailed specific comparisons are not allowed?

Can you explain which comparison specifically in the article that was incorrect so that we can discuss it?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 485
closed

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle