Pioneer BDP-HD1 Just bought one! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As some of you know, I had some problems with my Panny Blu-ray player...(was not able to do 1.2 upgrade)...anyways, when I got up to hifibuys (Tweeters)...They didn't have any more to exchange so he asked if I wanted the Pioneer Elite for $1249.99 I said yeah!...So anyways he let me take the Panasonic floor model (in hopes that the 1.2 updrade will work on it)...if not at least I can use it until the Pioneer's come in on the 4th of Dec!!!!...That's right!...He checked with his inventory and he said the Pioneer's are coming 1 day early and that they were only getting so many units...So I will be getting the first one!...Will post my findings on the unit on the 5th...I am kinda pumped...The sale just started today on the Pioneer BDP-HD1. You can by at tweeters for $1249.99 and pick up on Dec 4th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckken
As some of you know, I had some problems with my Panny Blu-ray player...(was not able to do 1.2 upgrade)...anyways, when I got up to hifibuys (Tweeters)...They didn't have any more to exchange so he asked if I wanted the Pioneer Elite for $1249.99 I said yeah!...So anyways he let me take the Panasonic floor model (in hopes that the 1.2 updrade will work on it)...if not at least I can use it until the Pioneer's come in on the 4th of Dec!!!!...That's right!...He checked with his inventory and he said the Pioneer's are coming 1 day early and that they were only getting so many units...So I will be getting the first one!...Will post my findings on the unit on the 5th...I am kinda pumped...The sale just started today on the Pioneer BDP-HD1. You can by at tweeters for $1249.99 and pick up on Dec 4th.

Interesting give us feed back as soon as you get it.
post #3 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoi
Interesting give us feed back as soon as you get it.
I will. I'm hoping the audio sounds as good as the Panny. I'm excited now...I have 2 Pioneer Elite VSX-84Txsi's so it will look good sitting next to them... :D
post #4 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 AM

I purchased mine on the 16th. Also at tweeters for the 1249.99 price. They showed me the computer screen showing Dec. 15th as the expected ship date. Hopefully they bumped it up to the 4th. I also got the panny to demo until the pio come in. This is my second panyy unit, the first one did not look good at all and I was going to write off blu-ray. Jumped back in after getting the good price on the pio. Also got the A2 on order with Robert. So I can watch the all movies. Keeping fingers crossed for the 4th.

Norm
post #5 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Checked with Sound Advice (Tweeter in FL) and their NEW warehouse date is also 12/4. BUT they still had the MSRP listed as $1499. Any idea whether the $1250 represents only a reasonably good deal or that Pioneer has dropped the MSRP as well?? My expectation was/is that Pioneer will drop the MSRP to be more in line with the Panny at launch.
Thanks
post #6 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger
Checked with Sound Advice (Tweeter in FL) and their NEW warehouse date is also 12/4. BUT they still had the MSRP listed as $1499. Any idea whether the $1250 represents only a reasonably good deal or that Pioneer has dropped the MSRP as well?? My expectation was/is that Pioneer will drop the MSRP to be more in line with the Panny at launch.
Thanks
The sales manager showed me the catalog from Pioneer and it showed a picture of it with the 1249.99 price next to it....also said sale. If they sold it to us for that price all Tweeters have to follow suit.... :D
post #7 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Tweeter/Hi-Fi Buys is running a sale through the end of November. Everything in the store is 10-50% off, including Blu-ray and HD DVD decks.

They are taking orders for the Toshiba HD-A2 for $425. Sammy is $799, Panny is around $999, and Pioneer was $1249 (if I'm not mistaken). The in-store flyer has exact pricing.
post #8 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Doh. I thought you actually GOT one. :confused:
post #9 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

that's what I thought as well.
post #10 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty7
that's what I thought as well.
As did I.
post #11 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber
Doh. I thought you actually GOT one. :confused:
Well no...I tried taking the store floor model but they wouldn't let me... :D I can wait another week... :) But .I do have a Tweeters receipt and a date to pick up
post #12 of 175 Old 11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well no...I tried taking the store floor model but they wouldn't let me... :D I can wait another week... :) But .I do have a Tweeters receipt and a date to pick up
That wouldn't stop a dedicated BD Fan.
post #13 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Pioneer will not be available on the December 4th... It should be pretty soon after that, however it will not be there on the 4th.

Chris Walker
post #14 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamo
Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Pioneer will not be available on the December 4th... It should be pretty soon after that, however it will not be there on the 4th.

Chris Walker
Chris: Thanks for the update. Sound Advice (Tweeter) told me it would be in their warehouse on the 4th. That usually means delivery to stores for pick-up in 2-3 days i.e. 12/6 or 7th. Is this a reasonable expectation of availability to consumers? Any news you can share on the MSRP? Thanks
post #15 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamo
Hi,

Chris Walker
How do you know that??? Where did you get your information???
post #16 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How do you know that??? Where did you get your information???
Chris is the Pioneer "Product Manager" for the BDP-HD1.
post #17 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger
Chris is the Pioneer "Product Manager" for the BDP-HD1.
Hmmm, wonder why the sales manager seemed so sure the units would be available on the 4th...Oh well, If it gets stretched out to far I'll just keep the Panny.
post #18 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
When I bought my Panny at Tweeter on Sunday the salesman told me he expected the Elite on 12/11 but it wasn't set in stone on his system. He did tell me that I have 30 days to return my Panny if I want the Elite, assuming it comes in within 30 days. I'm gonna keep calling, we have all seen the delays with Elite & Sony so I wouldn't hold my breath for anydate til I actually see them in stores.

"The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests. And cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed!"

-Bane

post #19 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 07:32 AM

This has been covered in other threads. I am a Pioneer Elite dealer, one of the largest independent dealers in the southeast. As of Monday, there was not even official dealer pricing on the BD player, meaning, dealers can't even order the unit from Pioneer. Some retail chain having it in their computer system is likely just a placeholder until actual purchase orders are cut and orders are placed.
post #20 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George
This has been covered in other threads. I am a Pioneer Elite dealer, one of the largest independent dealers in the southeast. As of Monday, there was not even official dealer pricing on the BD player, meaning, dealers can't even order the unit from Pioneer. Some retail chain having it in their computer system is likely just a placeholder until actual purchase orders are cut and orders are placed.
Why would they wait so long to give you pricing? Is this possibly due to even more delays ?
post #21 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That doesn't sound good.

Thanks Robert for this clarification.
post #22 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a very good informant at Pioneer. I always get pre/production units of the new players 1 or 2 months before the product get to the market (but under NDA...).

He told me they had to wait (Sony did ask them...) after the PS3 was out before putting the new Pio Elite Blu-ray on the market. The player was ready. But Sony wanted Pioneer to wait after the launch of the PS3...

He told me yesterday that the "official launch" will be at C.E.S. in january, but the production players should be available in mid/end december. He told me I should receive my real production unit around 22/12, or just a little bit after...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVESQUE
I have a very good informant at Pioneer. I always get pre/production units of the new players 1 or 2 months before the product get to the market (but under NDA...).

He told me they had to wait (Sony did ask them...) after the PS3 was out before putting the new Pio Elite Blu-ray on the market. The player was ready. But Sony wanted Pioneer to wait after the launch of the PS3...

He told me yesterday that the "official launch" will be at C.E.S. in january, but the production players should be available in mid/end december. He told me I should receive my real production unit around 22/12, or just a little bit after...

Thanks LEVESQUE for the info.
post #24 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 08:56 AM

Levesque's timetable sounds reasonable. Mid-December would be a near-miracle, late December is doable. As soon as official pricing and shipping info is available to me, I'll post something.
post #25 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

You should consider changing the title of this thread to:

" I just pre-ordered a Pioneer BDP-HD1! "

:rolleyes:
post #26 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Levesque's timetable sounds reasonable. Mid-December would be a near-miracle, late December is doable.
I forget to say that I'm in Canada, so those dates are for us up here. It could be different in the U.S.

Late december fo us also seems to be what I'm hearing here. Maybe around the 22, but more likely at the end of the month.

post #27 of 175 Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper
You should consider changing the title of this thread to:

" I just pre-ordered a Pioneer BDP-HD1! "

:rolleyes:
Well having played with one for hours at Tweeters, and then having the Panny as a loaner, well, it kind of feels more like a buy... :D :D :D It will be available no later than the 5th or 7th of Dec. If not I may get arrested for swapping out my Panny for the Pioneer on that date!... :D :D :D
post #28 of 175 Old 11-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVESQUE

Hi Levesque,

I can assure you that your statement is 100% incorrect. I am not sure who told you that information, however they were wrong.

The Players have been mass produced and will arrive in the country today (24th), however the final firmware has not gone through all of the QA process.

SONY has no influence on the Pioneer BDP-HD1. We manufacture our own products.

Chris Walker
post #29 of 175 Old 11-24-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
The Players have been mass produced and will arrive in the country today (24th), however the final firmware has not gone through all of the QA process.
Chris, do you care to speculate on when these players will begin shipping to dealers?
post #30 of 175 Old 11-24-2006, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Chris....any word yet on the advanced audio codecs being available on the BDP-HD1?

Go Celtics!
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page