post #361 of 4040 Old 02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathright View Post

I have been fighting problems with the Monoprice 5x1 switcher and will send it back.

What HDMI switcher are ya'll using with the Panny?

I have a Belkin and it works perfect for both my Panny and my HD TiVo HR10-250. I don't have to turn anything off to switch inputs. It also came with a free HDMI cable.

http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_det...duct_Id=281816

Dive deep, play with sharks.

So long and thanks for all the fish . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4040 Old 02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedude View Post

I have a Belkin and it works perfect for both my Panny and my HD TiVo HR10-250. I don't have to turn anything off to switch inputs. It also came with a free HDMI cable.

http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_det...duct_Id=281816

Hint. A Promo Code 12345 (Friend of Belkin) works for a 40-50% discount on most items sold by Belkin. Another reported promo is
Quote:

Get 25% off Belkin using coupon code 3032807. Also get free shipping on all orders over $100. Valid until Feb 28, 2007.

I think you can enter these codes and see the bottom line before buying.
Dana

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right." Mark Twain
post #363 of 4040 Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonbi View Post

Hint. A Promo Code 12345 (Friend of Belkin) works for a 40-50% discount on most items sold by Belkin. Another reported promo is

I think you can enter these codes and see the bottom line before buying.
Dana

Thanks drbonbi,

I tried the codes before purchasing mine and I just tried them again, unfortunately they don't work for this product. I have used the code for cables and UPS and they are a real money saver. I was able to find my switcher at Frys for $175.

post #364 of 4040 Old 02-06-2007, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
divedude - do you have the Belkin switcher also?

When you first turn on the Panny does it flash different colors before the Blu-ray symbol comes up?

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
post #365 of 4040 Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I am having an audio setup problem also I hope ya'll can help me with. I am using the analog outs, but only 5.1 for now. I have my Onkyo 703 set for PureAudio. Every time I want to play a DVD I have to figure how to get the volume out of all of my speakers and not just the 2 fronts. I go back to the panny speaker setup and it will only output the test signal from the 2 front speakers.

Do I have something set up wrong? Also why does it revert back to the 7.1 system after I delete the rear speakers for the 5.1 setup?

post #366 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 03:01 AM
AVS Special Member

For the members that have the Monoprice 5x1 what is the revision number for it?

Mine is 2.1.

post #367 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonbi View Post

Yes, you can set the BD10 player to "Auto" over HDMI and it will select the output resolution that matches your TV. And you can set it manually to 4080p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p.

BTW. I bought a Westy 47" 1080p monitor just before Xmas. Sensational PQ with the BD10.

Dana

Thank you for your response. How about other Blu-ray / HD DVD brands besides the BD10, can it be done?
post #368 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Question on DD EX and DTS 6.1 tracks: I have the Panny and a Denon 4806 connected via HDMI for audio/video. I have a 6.1 speaker setup connected to the 4806. When playing the DD-EX or DTS 6.1 tracks on say Rambo or Crank shouldn't the rear center surround channel become enabled on the receiver? The little rear center icon doesn't light up on the receiver. I just get the standard 5.1 lights. Do I have some setting wrong somewhere?
post #369 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 07:01 AM

Liked: 11
I am considering getting this, so far I see the prices online is $1,300, that is the only player that has 7.1 surround sound, am I right? I know most of the people are very pleased with the player so that is why I am considering getting this plus the 7.1 surround sound....
post #370 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpags View Post

Question on DD EX and DTS 6.1 tracks: I have the Panny and a Denon 4806 connected via HDMI for audio/video. I have a 6.1 speaker setup connected to the 4806. When playing the DD-EX or DTS 6.1 tracks on say Rambo or Crank shouldn't the rear center surround channel become enabled on the receiver? The little rear center icon doesn't light up on the receiver. I just get the standard 5.1 lights. Do I have some setting wrong somewhere?

I have a Denon 887, and when I have the BD10 connected to the receiver via HDMI, and when I play a 6.1 track, it lights up the rear surround on my input. I don't know if it actually play that track (I only have a 5.0 setup), but the receiver is receiving it.
post #371 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that's weird. I'm almost positive the rear center lit up on The Descent, but I'll have to double-check. It definitely worked with DD-EX encoded DVD's.
post #372 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

On the player, make sure Dolby Digital and DTS are set to Bitstream(the player only decodes up to 5.1 on older audio codecs), and all speakers are enabled(and set to large) in the setup menu.
post #373 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I am using the analog outs and having trouble getting audio out of all of my speakers. I believe it is a setting off somewhere in the Panny setup that is doing this. Can someone that is using the analog outs tell me what settings you are using?

post #374 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:

I am using the analog outs and having trouble getting audio out of all of my speakers. I believe it is a setting off somewhere that is doing this. Can someone that is using the analog outs tell me what settings you are using?

Have you set HDMI audio off? Having it "on" might cause this kind of problems. Also check your multi-channel audio setup, so that you have none of the speakers set off.
post #375 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus1099 View Post

On the player, make sure Dolby Digital and DTS are set to Bitstream(the player only decodes up to 5.1 on older audio codecs), and all speakers are enabled(and set to large) in the setup menu.

Well those are definitely set to Bitstream, but I'll check the speaker setup. I thought you only set the speakers to LARGE if you weren't using a powered subwoofer (like I am)? I'm pretty sure they're set at SMALL. Thanks!
post #376 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post

I am considering getting this, so far I see the prices online is $1,300, that is the only player that has 7.1 surround sound, am I right? I know most of the people are very pleased with the player so that is why I am considering getting this plus the 7.1 surround sound....

The DMP-BD10 is the only player with 8 audio spigots, their full use will not happen till the April firmware upgrade.

Robert, owner of ****************, may make you a much better deal than $1300.00. Just make sure you have a written (as in email) statement of how your order is to be processed (as in double boxed, etc.). This is for info only, does not mean that I indorse this dealer.

Contact: WEB site ****************, email Sales, and you can send Robert a PM right here at AVS, user name: DTV TiVo Dealer
post #377 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post

The DMP-BD10 is the only player with 8 audio spigots, their full use will not happen till the April firmware upgrade.

Wendell - would you know anything else about the April update? Specifically if they are going to enable 1080p/24 video.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
post #378 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well those are definitely set to Bitstream, but I'll check the speaker setup. I thought you only set the speakers to LARGE if you weren't using a powered subwoofer (like I am)? I'm pretty sure they're set at SMALL. Thanks!

Leave them all set to large and 7.1 and 0 delay on the player. Then switch the receiver to small, 6.1, delays etc...(when using HDMI).
post #379 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapsas View Post

Have you set HDMI audio off? Having it "on" might cause this kind of problems. Also check your multi-channel audio setup, so that you have none of the speakers set off.

That is one thing that is bothering me. One time it worked with the HDMI on and and another with the HDMI off. Maybe I am just going a little crazy.

I have checked my A/V receiver and the Panny for the speakers every time.

post #380 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Leave them all set to large and 7.1 and 0 delay on the player. Then switch the receiver to small, 6.1, delays etc...(when using HDMI).

Thanks I will give that a shot when I get home.
post #381 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 12:32 PM

Hello,

AUDIO error on the Pana?

Maybe somebody can help me with the following audio supposed factory error of the player (software?);

Setup components as follows,
Pana bd10, audio out thru coax and analogue,
CRT barco 1209/2 trough HDMI and French box (John's)
TV Samsung (old conventional CRT) via composite.
Denon 1801 amplifier fed by coax digital and the analogue 6 ch ext in from the Pana
Aitos tubes amplifier for centre and two for both fronts,
Rears jbl trough 1801 amp.
Sub active Rel.
HDMI audio is always selected off.

The case;
I left the Barco off,
Turned on the TV and pana, amp etc.
Put a DVD in the pana, concert of In the flesh live from Roger Waters,
Selected 5.1 DD from the disk (and not PCM stereo),
And played the disk.

I found out that after a start the centre speaker fainted after a wile, after say 1 minute or less.
Not completely dead but hardly playing along and the left and right gained the sound slowly which should come from the centre? It was mixing the vocals into L/R.
Odd.

This might be because the player didn't see a HDMI user but I am not sure.

If I play a normal 5.1 DD with the Barco ON all seems well. Also with a BD great sound, no problems.

Is this a familiar problem? to be solved by Pana (update of firmware) or is this an unique problem with my player.

Maybe a nice experiment with a similar setting in order to establish this error and report to Panasonic.?
If this error is unique for my player I like to hear also of course by your reactions.

Thanks,
Regards,
Paul
post #382 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

divedude - do you have the Belkin switcher also?

When you first turn on the Panny does it flash different colors before the Blu-ray symbol comes up?

rgathright,
I do have the Belkin switcher. I don't ever see different colors. When I switch to an input device that is not turned on, it flashed green 5 or 6 times and then goes solid green. This is also what it does for my unused input if I switch to it. If the input device is already on when I switch it, the light just turns green.

post #383 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Actually divedude I was talking about the flashing on the TV. When hooked up to the switch there are different colors flashed on the TV screen when it is first turned on.

I will return it for another one tomorrow.

post #384 of 4040 Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

Wendell - would you know anything else about the April update? Specifically if they are going to enable 1080p/24 video.

Nothing official from Panasonic. Here is a link to the official Panasonic site for firmware.
post #385 of 4040 Old 02-08-2007, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I've already posted this in the BD10 1.4 Firmware thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming (assuming being the operative word) that since I plan on letting the Panasonic do all the decoding and outputting the audio via 7.1 analog, that if a movie has a 6.1 soundtrack it will automatically split the rear channel into two mono channels - that way I'll get sound out of both my rear speakers and not just one. Is that correct?

post #386 of 4040 Old 02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've already posted this in the BD10 1.4 Firmware thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming (assuming being the operative word) that since I plan on letting the Panasonic do all the decoding and outputting the audio via 7.1 analog, that if a movie has a 6.1 soundtrack it will automatically split the rear channel into two mono channels - that way I'll get sound out of both my rear speakers and not just one. Is that correct?

Yes and No. It will for the new audio codecs, but will only decode up to 5.1 for the older ones(DTS and Dolby Digital).
If your receiver can extract a 6th or 7th channel from PCM from the older codecs than thats fine, if not, hook up a digital connection(coax, toslink) and send it bitstream.
post #387 of 4040 Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes and No. It will for the new audio codecs, but will only decode up to 5.1 for the older ones(DTS and Dolby Digital).
If your receiver can extract a 6th or 7th channel from PCM from the older codecs than thats fine, if not, hook up a digital connection(coax, toslink) and send it bitstream.

If I understand correctly then the Panasonic will take a SD-DVD wit a DTS-ES track (e.g.: LOTR Directors cut in 6.1) and send it through the analog cables ignoring the rear channel.

If I get a BluRay disc with Dolby Digital Plus, it will split the sixth channel into two mono channels and send it.

Do I have it?

post #388 of 4040 Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post

Robert, owner of ****************, may make you a much better deal than $1300.00. Just make sure you have a written (as in email) statement of how your order is to be processed (as in double boxed, etc.). This is for info only, does not mean that I indorse this dealer.

Contact: WEB site ****************, email Sales, and you can send Robert a PM right here at AVS, user name: DTV TiVo Dealer

HiFiBuys (Tweeter) has them on sale for 999.99... I just bought one for that price a week ago at my local Tweeter. They have no restock fees and they don't "force" you to swap for a replacement if you get a bad unit...VE does. Plus if you want a refund, you will have to pay to ship it back!
post #389 of 4040 Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If I understand correctly then the Panasonic will take a SD-DVD wit a DTS-ES track (e.g.: LOTR Directors cut in 6.1) and send it through the analog cables ignoring the rear channel.

If I get a BluRay disc with Dolby Digital Plus, it will split the sixth channel into two mono channels and send it.

Do I have it?

1) wont ignore, but will put it back into the surrounds.
2) Yes, but I havent been able to test it for sure using analogs(My receiver only has 5.1 ins), but HDMI does it.
post #390 of 4040 Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually divedude I was talking about the flashing on the TV. When hooked up to the switch there are different colors flashed on the TV screen when it is first turned on.

I will return it for another one tomorrow.

No flashing of anything on the TV. The screen is black until the BD logo comes on. Now back in the 60's and 70's I would have enjoyed different colors flashing

So how did the new one work?

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd10 Blu Ray Disc Player Upscaling

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page