PS3 Shortage OVER! - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #211 of 231 Old 01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
[quote=Hughmc]So a lie, a completely erroneous statement saying they are collecting dust sounds right to you? You are saying this while not owning one which means although you can have an opinion, your opinion has no validity. You don't know, because you don't own one, you think, which you are entitled to do.


I can assure you even with the limited games, mine is not collecting dust. I have been renting PS3 games and playing R:FOM multi every nite as well as watching BD movies.
My PS2 and every other system is collecting dust too then.

I am self employed and have a lot of time off this time of year. Even with lots of free time, how much can I really spend between tv, movies, gaming and still get other things done.

Alot are assuming that if you don't use your system all day, or hours or everyday it is useless or collecting dust which is just BS.


? How the hell is it a lie based on what I see now and that is exactly why I made the decision not to buy a PS3. I never said everyons PS3 is collecting dust that would be a bold face lie. I said based on my lifestyle and the events that happen in it I would see the possibility of my PS3 sitting around not being used for games because I have the 360 for one thing. So I wait and hell who knows by then when the games do come out that I want which are only the exclusives it might take up more of my time when I have it from the 360(Unless Halo 3 is the shyt then im sorry I can again hold out or another exclusive is coming to the 360)

I was talking from my own past experience and what I don't really want to repeat again. I owned the PS2 and what is funny I had it at launch and of course before I got the XBOX. My PS2 started collecting dust for different reasons and during a different time and that was because of at the time: 480P games, Live a year later, exclusive games that just took up more of my time. The only games from that point that I purchased for the PS2 afterwards was Tekken 5 and God of War. Since the PS3 doesn't even upscale your PS2 games I have seriously thought of repurchasing the PS2(for the 3rd time) just to buy GOW2 which I consider one of the best all time games I have played.


I can assure you even with the limited games, mine is not collecting dust. I have been renting PS3 games and playing R:FOM multi every nite as well as watching BD movies.

Except the online portion doesn't look good to me compared to how spoiled I am for the Live.... Great for you but I never said everyone elses is collecting dust but I believe someone did point out their system is that doesn't mean I expect everyone to believe that is the case for everyone else.


Alot are assuming that if you don't use your system all day, or hours or everyday it is useless or collecting dust which is just BS.


Well I never said that was the case for everyone. I do use mine practically everyday at least and that isn't always for hours. Nice to play Billards and Geometry Wars for 20 minutes on a 60 XBR1 since I have so many options to do so. Also I have kids that live in the home with me so they enjoy live arcade too and the 360 games they are allowed to play. Good thing is they like to play sports and go to school more then gaming right now which is good for them and me. I never assumed just 1 person is using any of the game systems


your opinion has no validity. You don't know, because you don't own one

So I need to spend $600 to have an opinion on a system I don't think is worth purchasing FOR ME at this point Okay That should go well for every person that is on AVS then. That is the message of the day folks you must own every piece of a electronic at least for some point in time to have an opinion on it. Doesn't matter if you return it back as long as you showed you did purchase it just to make your opinion valid Nice one Sparky lol nice one.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 231 Old 01-12-2007, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hughmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I never said you were lying, I said the article was erroneous and based on a lie.

I also said you are entitled to think what you want about anything, but that doesn't make what you think valid.

I can think a Porche is a POS if I own one and I would have some credibility thinking that as an owner having experienced owning one.

You are simply saying negative things which aren't based on factual ownership, just random opinions of what you have thought or heard. Can you see how that doesn't lend much to credibility if you don't own one? People who own them are telling you different and you keep countering with your opinion not actual experience. It doesn't mean you can't have an opinion as I have said over and over, but it does mean your opinion has less or no value based on the lack of ownership or experience.

You said:

"So I need to spend $600 to have an opinion on a system I don't think is worth purchasing FOR ME at this point Okay That should go well for every person that is on AVS then. That is the message of the day folks you must own every piece of a electronic at least for some point in time to have an opinion on it. Doesn't matter if you return it back as long as you showed you did purchase it just to make your opinion valid Nice one Sparky lol nice one."

I never said any of the above. And leave the derogatory Sparky name calling out of it, please. No need to go there.
Hughmc is offline  
post #213 of 231 Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dialog_gvf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post

The smart people will wait for something worthwhile to be released on the PS3 or else they run the risk of it collecting dust like mine I have the disease that we all have though that I need to buy into new tech stuff when it is released.

Yeah. We all have that disease.

I don't think a format could get off the ground without us sickies.

Gary


- Don't trust sigs
dialog_gvf is offline  
post #214 of 231 Old 01-12-2007, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

I never said you were lying, I said the article was erroneous and based on a lie.

I also said you are entitled to think what you want about anything, but that doesn't make what you think valid.

I can think a Porche is a POS if I own one and I would have some credibility thinking that as an owner having experienced owning one.

You are simply saying negative things which aren't based on factual ownership, just random opinions of what you have thought or heard. Can you see how that doesn't lend much to credibility if you don't own one? People who own them are telling you different and you keep countering with your opinion not actual experience. It doesn't mean you can't have an opinion as I have said over and over, but it does mean your opinion has less or no value based on the lack of ownership or experience.

You said:

"So I need to spend $600 to have an opinion on a system I don't think is worth purchasing FOR ME at this point Okay That should go well for every person that is on AVS then. That is the message of the day folks you must own every piece of a electronic at least for some point in time to have an opinion on it. Doesn't matter if you return it back as long as you showed you did purchase it just to make your opinion valid Nice one Sparky lol nice one."

I never said any of the above. And leave the derogatory Sparky name calling out of it, please. No need to go there.




You are simply saying negative things which aren't based on factual ownership, just random opinions of what you have thought or heard. Can you see how that doesn't lend much to credibility if you don't own one? People who own them are telling you different and you keep countering with your opinion not actual experience. It doesn't mean you can't have an opinion as I have said over and over, but it does mean your opinion has less or no value based on the lack of ownership or experience.
that


Thats just it you take it I am saying fact and it is my opinion which should be obvious being on a forum. I don't need to own the equipment just to have an opinion whether if someone thinks it isn't factual or not. Anyone can base an opinion on the facts when you look at all the facts up to this point.

I can compare the 2 systems if I want but unfortunatly I bought the 360 and I decided I wanted to wait on the PS3. How did I get to that point of making that decision for myself? I am not here to change someone elses mind of getting the PS3 if it works for you then it works for you right now. You or anyone else doesn't have the right to say my opinion isn't valid simply because you type it on this forum. Has it occurred to you that just becuase I said I haven't bought it doesn't mean I haven't played it. Just because I am deployed doesn't stop me from playing the PS3. I never said I did or didn't but you assumed since I don't own it I don't have any hands on with it. Doesn't change what my opinion is and didn't need to see the reason to point out that I have had experience with it up until you decided to say I had no valid opinion simply because based on your theory I don't own it. Now if I had pointed that out maybe or maybe not you would have responded differently but all you had to do was ask if I played the PS3. Thats my point I don't have to own it to know.


I can think a Porche is a POS if I own one and I would have some credibility thinking that as an owner having experienced owning one

Car & Driver is no different then my own opinion about the PS3. I do the same thing they do everyday. They drive and review the cars yet they don't own any of them. The only difference between me and them is they get paid to drive and review I don't. But you keep pointing out about ownership is the only valid response when that isn't true. If my original response to u was praise in agreement you never would have questioned or assumed I don't have any experience with the PS3. Thats funny

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #215 of 231 Old 01-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
SteroMAdMAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MN
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbdestroya View Post

Well, what can I say other than I disagree with you trgraphics. I think comparing to a year ago does matter. Or would one have felt it fair to compare the 360 on it's launch to say the PS2 sales from the same year? And in that sense, should we be comparing 360 to PS2 even now?

Apples to apples - that is the way. Launch month compared to launch month, system generation to system generation.

It's sold more units than the 360 did at launch. If 360 is selling 1.1 million in December of this year, so might Sony sell 1.1 million PS3's in December of next year. That is the key message here that some folk are having trouble with.

Well sure. A year ago the PS3 wasn't out. Allot of people have been on the fence waiting for its release. Allot of people have been holding off on 360 purchases for it. Its out now and the reviews are, well.. Depends on if you own it or not.

Now its out. People have all 3 systems in front of their face and can now fully decide which one is right for them. The numbers will tell the truth as to what they choose. Obviously 360 had a big holiday season considering last year and on into the spring. But Wii has really been the come from behind console.

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permissision - the WAF factor
SteroMAdMAn is offline  
post #216 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
xbdestroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteroMAdMAn View Post

Well sure. A year ago the PS3 wasn't out. Allot of people have been on the fence waiting for its release. Allot of people have been holding off on 360 purchases for it. Its out now and the reviews are, well.. Depends on if you own it or not.

Yeah, I own it. (and I love it)

Quote:


Now its out. People have all 3 systems in front of their face and can now fully decide which one is right for them. The numbers will tell the truth as to what they choose. Obviously 360 had a big holiday season considering last year and on into the spring. But Wii has really been the come from behind console.

Again, I'm not sure I understand this 'come from behind' thing.... Wii's supplies were always expected to be high, and for myself at least, I was definitely expecting every single unit to sell out. Thus it's natural that I think anyone would have expected it to outsell the PS3. Wii being this years console prom-queen was the easiest thing to call in the entirety of gaming history IMO.
xbdestroya is offline  
post #217 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteroMAdMAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MN
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Its a come from behind. Because it really isn't anything techy. Its a well though out game console. Priced accordingly.

I don't think it was obvious it would be a hit. The new controller created allot of speculation as to how one would play games with it. But because of the price, it sold. Because of the fun factor, it has kept selling. The supplies are not high. But the demand is. The supply of PS3 is not high and neither is the demand.

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permissision - the WAF factor
SteroMAdMAn is offline  
post #218 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
xbdestroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stereo I just have to ask you straight how many gaming forums you do or do not belong to, and what your regular intake of gaming news is. Not because I don't think your opinions are valid, but just because I think you may not have been that tuned in to the sea-change that was occuring in the industry beneath the radar of the mainstream press.

Believe me, the Wii was annointed 'Master of the Universe' months ago.
xbdestroya is offline  
post #219 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
TazExprez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can't seem to find a 20GB PS3. My CC only has the 60GB version in stock. Should I get a 60GB PS3 if I only plan to use it to play BD movies? Thanks for any help.

HD-A1 + XBOX Add-On + PS3 = Format Neutral
TazExprez is offline  
post #220 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
SteroMAdMAn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MN
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just this and another couple forums, mostly off topic or other hobby forums. I don't belong to any gaming forum. But the other forums I do frequent have there fair share of xXx gamers. I never got the vibe it would do as well as it would up until a month or 2 before release. I guess I wasn't exactly watching things unravel then either...

Mainly because I was sick of speculation of what each one would do and how it would work. The proof is in the pudding. Honestly, no one knows for sure how well something will do until it hits the streets. Until then. Its all speculation. I had enough of it until October. Then I began to care

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permissision - the WAF factor
SteroMAdMAn is offline  
post #221 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbdestroya View Post

Yeah, I own it. (and I love it)



Again, I'm not sure I understand this 'come from behind' thing.... Wii's supplies were always expected to be high, and for myself at least, I was definitely expecting every single unit to sell out. Thus it's natural that I think anyone would have expected it to outsell the PS3. Wii being this years console prom-queen was the easiest thing to call in the entirety of gaming history IMO.


Actually I have to say the supplies for the PS3 is there also. Not when it was released but it ended up coming. Even now for the fact that they did say originally they would ship 1 mil which I didn't think they would do. What I didn't expect is reports from all over and including Japan that they are not in demand because you can find them anywhere compared to the WII. The differnce from all the reports is and assumptions even on this board is that the PS3 was going to be hard to find come Spring. That isn't the case. So if it is moving as fast as we are expecting it to move and they shipped 1 mil to the states and all those PS3s that are in the states should be sold in a matter of minutes and hard to find by now and that shipment has been available since the end of Dec. It is now the middle of Jan. Shouldn't they have actually had 1 mil sold by now if the damand is just as high as the shipment? 1 mil for the states alone I mean.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #222 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Actually I have to say the supplies for the PS3 is there also. Not when it was released but it ended up coming. Even now for the fact that they did say originally they would ship 1 mil which I didn't think they would do. What I didn't expect is reports from all over and including Japan that they are not in demand because you can find them anywhere compared to the WII. The differnce from all the reports is and assumptions even on this board is that the PS3 was going to be hard to find come Spring. That isn't the case. So if it is moving as fast as we are expecting it to move and they shipped 1 mil to the states and all those PS3s that are in the states should be sold in a matter of minutes and hard to find by now and that shipment has been available since the end of Dec. It is now the middle of Jan. Shouldn't they have actually had 1 mil sold by now if the damand is just as high as the shipment? 1 mil for the states alone I mean.

The supplies for the PS3 are there. The surprising thing is that the demand has slowed right around the 1 million mark in the US and Japan, but if you think about it the machine is flawed.

1. Lackluster launch titles
2. Poor online implementation
3. Sony is losing exclusive titles (and has not secured some 'A' titles)
4. High cost of game development
5. Overpriced system for the masses (excluding us early adopters for videogames and BD)

Technically the system is a marvel, but paper versus reality is where we are. We all have different opinions obviously, but if I am Sony no matter how they try or their fans try spin it this is not a good sign for the PS3.
Andrew P is offline  
post #223 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
xbdestroya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Actually I have to say the supplies for the PS3 is there also. Not when it was released but it ended up coming. Even now for the fact that they did say originally they would ship 1 mil which I didn't think they would do. What I didn't expect is reports from all over and including Japan that they are not in demand because you can find them anywhere compared to the WII. The differnce from all the reports is and assumptions even on this board is that the PS3 was going to be hard to find come Spring. That isn't the case. So if it is moving as fast as we are expecting it to move and they shipped 1 mil to the states and all those PS3s that are in the states should be sold in a matter of minutes and hard to find by now and that shipment has been available since the end of Dec. It is now the middle of Jan. Shouldn't they have actually had 1 mil sold by now if the damand is just as high as the shipment? 1 mil for the states alone I mean.

I could discuss this forever, but believe me I rather not (I'm here for BD/HD DVD afterall!)

The Sony launch hit a serious, serious snag in the way the profiteering warped the entire thing. 95% of the initial consoles sold went to people looking to profit, and I think that whole sense of low supplies and price gauging took the wind out of the momentum... to the extent that once availabilities began being "there," most of the fans that wanted to buy one on launch day and were otherwise amped for the launch, were at the point where they could say: I'll just wait...

Frankly IMO Sony should have anticipated the scalper-frenzy and should have launched alimited number of special edition PS3 bundles this year, and bundles alone. $1000 for the console (maybe with a special edition look), some games, some accessories, free BD movies, etc etc... then drop the console to the 'normal' price come Jan 1st. This would have meant that the launch console, on top of it's rarity, would have been desirable on different grounds, and have hedged against the profiteers warped effect on 'hype' and software-attach rates by having been something that could still be resold successfully into the very same segment the $2000+ scalpers were selling into, probably at the exact same price actually (or less, due to fewer scalpers being able to 'buy into' the market). More importantly, it would have acted as a fiscal shield against all this Wild West action, and resulted in a profitable first quarter in what would otherwise be the most expensive quarter in the console's life.

But I think the latent demand is still there, and will begin to show up as the months go by. Like I've said, this is just a theory, and is one that will be tested as the months go by and the games launch.

Anyway as to the million, that's shipped, but not necessarily arrived on shore. So although Sony hasn't sold the retail allocations as yet either way, at the same time I don't think that there's the difference of a million consoles on the shelves at this point either.
xbdestroya is offline  
post #224 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 09:41 AM
 
Robert George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Posts: 3,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Frankly IMO Sony should have anticipated the scalper-frenzy and should have launched alimited number of special edition PS3 bundles this year, and bundles alone. $1000 for the console (maybe with a special edition look), some games, some accessories, free BD movies, etc etc... then drop the console to the 'normal' price come Jan 1st.

So, basically, what you are saying is that Sony should have scalped those that were willing to pay exorbitant prices to get a console first instead of simply selling the console at the normal price and let the market do what the market does.

Yeah, right. Like Sony doesn't have enough of a PR problem right now. Dontcha think?
Robert George is offline  
post #225 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
BVfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sioux Falls SD
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Another data point ...

Locally, PS3/s seem to be everywhere. BB has about 30 piled in a display when you walk in the door. No Wii/s though.

At one of our game console/DVD/CD exchange stores - Last Stop CD Shop - saw a "NEW-Never opened" PS3/60GB for $523.95. Used PS3 controllers for $34.99

eBayers better start dumping or sell locally to recover some costs.
BVfan is offline  
post #226 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
gsearles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rothesay, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here in Atlantic Canada, I've been to several Atlantic Superstore (grocery store) electronics departments, and all have had at least a dozen on display.

Greg
gsearles is offline  
post #227 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Neo1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CANADA!
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsearles View Post

Here in Atlantic Canada, I've been to several Atlantic Superstore (grocery store) electronics departments, and all have had at least a dozen on display.

Greg

Northern ontario (richmond hill area) seems to have less supply, but I do see more of them on display, though they still disappear when you go back. I think it's not hard to get them, so it's more a question of moving stock to where it is needed.

I'm not sure why bestbuy.ca don't just put more online. It should make it easier to clear out any surplus they have in some locations. Anything that shows up online in bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca still disappear quickly.
Neo1965 is offline  
post #228 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I feel they haven't done that bad considering there has been no buzz at all about content (any of the games) and ultimately that's what drives sales. So at release all they got were eBayers trying to turn a profit, hardcore Sony fans, hardcore gamers that have to have the latest and finally the Blu-ray movie buffs.

The real test will come when (hopefully for Sony) they release games above and beyond the 360 will sales follow? Because it won't be shinny and new for much longer and that market is just about gone. So they will be competing on a level playing field and at the same time be at a disadvantage since they haven't had as long to develop their content.

At this time I think it's a given that Microsoft is going to come out ahead of where they were because Sony made their PS2 obsolete and I'm fairly sure Sony isn't going to pickup 100% of those customers as they replace their consoles. I also don't see the masses jumping from the 360 to the PS3, as the content should keep the both playing fields fairly level.
Charles R is offline  
post #229 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WriteSimple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: KL, Malaysia.
Posts: 3,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

At this time I think it's a given that Microsoft is going to come out ahead of where they were because Sony made their PS2 obsolete and I'm fairly sure Sony isn't going to pickup 100% of those customers as they replace their consoles.

This is really for console talk but on this point I must disagree.

When MS release 360, it definitely made the original X-Box obsolete. Not only did MS paid too much per console for the X-Box, it also couldn't sell much of 'em.

The same thing cannot be said about Sony's current situation. There are millions of PS2s out there and just over 1 million of PS3. Price of PS2 games are US$45 and below while PS3 games are US$45 and up. Any game developer releasing a great game for the PS2 right now is SURELY going to make some serious cash.

PS3 developers are hoping that the PS3 installed base will grow as fast as it could. The convergence factor is important. Right now most PS3 owners are probably watching a lot of BDs since there's not many titles for the PS3 yet. But when the titles increases, the game sales also increases including for those who just "buys the PS3 for movies".


fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
WriteSimple is offline  
post #230 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Member
 
alkoholik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best Buy in South Setauket, NY had about 20 PS3s in stock today if anyone wanted one.
alkoholik is offline  
post #231 of 231 Old 01-13-2007, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteSimple View Post

The same thing cannot be said about Sony's current situation. There are millions of PS2s out there and just over 1 million of PS3. Price of PS2 games are US$45 and below while PS3 games are US$45 and up. Any game developer releasing a great game for the PS2 right now is SURELY going to make some serious cash.

My reference to obsolete is similar to when DVD came out it was more advanced than VHS. Certainly VHS out sold DVD for many years but VHS was still obsolete as a technology. Regarding developers the market is wide open for the PS3 where it will be pretty difficult to come out with something far and beyond all of the existing PS2 titles already in place.
Charles R is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off