post #361 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post

I have seen PS3 on the shelfs at Gamestop, Target, Best Buy and Circuit City. Supplies have caught up and the initial frenzy and ebaying has ended. I have one and it is a great console and BR player. Unfortunately for the majority of gamers, 500-600 dollars is beyond their
comfort zone. I predict a huge glut of PS3 by the Summer and a price reduction by fall.

While I have seen 60GB versions in multiple local stores here, I have yet to come across a 20GB. Most of the stores say that they haven't seen one since Christmas. Man, that makes the cheapest BD player $599. I wish I could find the $499 PS3. I would buy that in a heart beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

While I have seen 60GB versions in multiple local stores here, I have yet to come across a 20GB. Most of the stores say that they haven't seen one since Christmas. Man, that makes the cheapest BD player $599. I wish I could find the $499 PS3. I would buy that in a heart beat.

I don't know how I got lucky, but I just went to the ebgames website and they had the 20GB version in stock and I ordered one. I hope this is a reputable store. I have never done business with them before. Hopefully, if I have any problems with the unit, I can take it to the local store for return. Keeping my fingers crossed!! Hopefully it ships. I paid $499 + tax. I think I got free shipping too.

This is the link I clicked to get to the order page:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020071
post #363 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post

Out of interest how is availability in the big box stores in Southern California (Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart, Frys, etc.). I have a friend going back to the US and might ask him to get me a PS3. While they will be available in March in my area for not much more than US prices, I would prefer a US one so as to be potentially stuck with region coding problems.

Thanks

Larry

Still very hard to find in Southern Cal from Los Angeles to Orange County. You might find one in the outskirts, like in Palmdale or the Inline Empire. If he can find out when shipments will come in, he can go in on the date of the shipment and pick one up. Other than that, they do go pretty fast.

PSN ID: IamBuzzed, accepting all requests!
PS3 60GB on 42Px500U
Christmas wishlist: 58PX700U 1080P!
post #364 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Ruptin View Post

PS3 still sold out all over my part of california.

PS3 easy to find in Ventura County this last weekend if you put in just a little bit of effort.
post #365 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmalover View Post

Still very hard to find in Southern Cal from Los Angeles to Orange County. You might find one in the outskirts, like in Palmdale or the Inline Empire. If he can find out when shipments will come in, he can go in on the date of the shipment and pick one up. Other than that, they do go pretty fast.

I just checked itracker on a whim and it shows the 60GB available at 5 Target stores in L.A. (West Hollywood, Culver City, Van Nuys, etc.) and EB Games at Baldwin Hills Center.

XA1 + PS3 = HD bliss
post #366 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post

I just checked itracker on a whim and it shows the 60GB available at 5 Target stores in L.A. (West Hollywood, Culver City, Van Nuys, etc.) and EB Games at Baldwin Hills Center.

those are old reports, old data. they sell out pretty much in a day at most, but don't update for a week or so. if you don't believe me, go there and look, you won't find any. itracker does that a lot.
post #367 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

those are old reports, old data. they sell out pretty much in a day at most, but don't update for a week or so. if you don't believe me, go there and look, you won't find any. itracker does that a lot.

Really? I found my PS3 during the Christmas season using that same "old data" at a Circuit City store in Fort Lauderdale.

XA1 + PS3 = HD bliss
post #368 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:

They are all over the place down town here....the thing you can't seem to find around here is the Wii.
post #369 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

This is the link I clicked to get to the order page:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020071

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one. No free shipping for me though.
post #370 of 371 Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 43
I mentioned earlier that I've been wondering why Amazon didn't have PS3s to sell and whether they would sell out once they did. I just checked and Amazon lists the 60GB version here:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Computer-...0d3a74224705dc

Right now it is up to #3 in video games. I wish I knew how to check how many were in stock. The person that does thedvdwars.com (or eproductwars.com) website has figured out how to get the stock counts for movies, I assume through some API call. I would appreciate it if somebody who knows how to check could find out how many they list for the PS3 (and maybe the XBOX360 and add-on for the XBOX360).

I also wonder if Amazon selling PS3s will help the Blu-ray movie sales on Amazon, since I figure that on average those who buy their player on Amazon should be more likely to buy some software on Amazon than those who buy their hardware elsewhere.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #371 of 371 Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 327
topic closed

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page