Samsung BDP1200 Master/Owner's Thread - Page 186 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5551 of 6049 Old 03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'm going to be getting either the new Sony 360 or Panny 60, and relegate the 1200 to the BR for dvd's.

Any thoughts about where the Sony or Panny would be better (they're modest refinements of the present Sony 350 and Panny 35)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5552 of 6049 Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisjan View Post

Well, let's do some math. Amazon list over 3300 Blu-ray titles. That means that the 11 BD's that don't play on the 1200 repesent less than 0.3% of BD titles. Looked at another way, that means that 99+% of BD titles play on the 1200.

your math is off... 11 is of that list that we have tested & how do come up with 3300 BD's out, which is not true... (place cards do not count as a release)

TOTAL BLU-RAY DISC TITLES (2/20/09 - DVD Release Report): 1,182/107*
*Net total of Region A discs released/announced

http://digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

post #5553 of 6049 Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM

OK mailed out the letter today too Samasung:

USPS tracking # 0306 0320 0001 9839 1661

what I sent:

"Too:
Samsung Electronics USA
Office of the President

Samsung BD-P1200 owners

This is in regards of the Samsung BD-p1200 & problems that some owners have had too deal with todate including time when these units where under warranty & Samsung did nothing too fix the known issues. Example: this past month for 3 days I had been trying to get a Blu Ray disk too play, anyone, I have over 135 BD's & I have yet to get one to play (unable to read disk). After 3 1/2 days & 8 hours I was finaly able to get a BD too load. I tried everything, reinstalling the FW, unpluging the unit over night, holding the FF button on the front of the unit. This is a problem (unable to read disk) that we all below have to deal with daily, this problem was prevalent when these units where under warranty & Samsung has yet to fix this major issues on some units, just told "An update is in the works to fix these issues" time after time and nothing done.

Others on avsforum.com, cnet.com & blu-ray.com are having similar problems, if not worse, while others are also experiencing a number of freezes during viewing. We owners have to have a list on avsfourm.com
( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=828094 ) for movies that work & don't work. We are doing the job that Samsung should be doing, everytime someone buys a new movie they are betting that it will work (flawlessly) and that gets costly. Your firmware updates take forever to be released & most of the time creates some other problem; it fixes onething & then makes another problem. With every "update" this player becomes more & more problematic and more unreliable. And now with this past firmware (2.5) update, people can not update via the ethernet port on the BD-p1200 anymore, it is only available if someone downloads it & burns it to a disk.

I know of at lease 7 other owners of the BD-P1200 that want an upgrade to the Samsung BD-P2500. I have read where you (Samsung) have done this with other owners of the BD-p1200 in the past.

For now I will continue not recommending any Samsung Blu Ray player because of your poor customers service & unreliable players. So far I have talked about 12+ people out of buying a Samsung Blu Ray player & that is just my self. Others on the list below have so to talked people out of buying a Samsung Blu Ray player because of the same reasons I have stated above.

We all paid good money for this player & all it has been is a headache for many people; most have given up, bought a diffrent brand player & moved on, but not all of us. This is not an issue of firmware support but a Blu Ray player that was made with defective hardware &/or software in some units released too us consumers.

I do not want to hear "out of warranty", because when it was under warranty you lead us on, waiting months on end for updates with you saying this will fix the issue & when our warranty expired, then it is not your problem. It is, because there was obvious signs that some units needed a recall & all you did was lead us on until the warranty expired, then your hands were clean of us. This makes your company, look too us, that your products are only as good as your warranty & that Samsung will say mostly anything too lead us on until the warranty is expired.

I do not want to hear this is a "evolving technology", we are not complaining that this player can not do BD-Live or PiP, we are complaining about that it can not do the basic function as a Blu Ray player, play Blu Ray movies & even DVD's flawlessly. This player even has troubles playing some DVD's. Is that an evolving technology still? (No)

These problems are not found in any other manufacturers Blu Ray players. Yes some have minor issues like low LFE, but all other players have no problems recognizing a Blu Ray disk. Unlike the Samsung bd-p1200 where it is not uncomine that it takes 5, 10, 15 tries just for the player recognize a Blu Ray disk, it is comine that it takes 10, 15+ minutes for this 'player' to recognize a Blu Ray disk ( Unable to read disk ). These problems were prevalent when these players were under warranty & you did nothing to rectify it, just told us "a firmware is in the works to fix the issues."

We want an upgrade to the BD-P2500!!!!

In this economic climate is best to make good with a few unsatisfied customers that have & will continue costing your company money. The Samsung bd-p2500 is the player that will makes us satisfied customers & help us regain our trust in Samsung as one of the best consumer electronic companies out there.

Hope we can come to some kind of reasonable agreement.

Heather
Mailing address

Phone # PT

Heather Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXX
email

person #2 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXX
email

person #3 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
email

person #4 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXXX
email

person #5 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
email

person #6 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

person #7 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

person #8 Samsung BD-p1200 owner S/N XXXXXXXXXXXX
email"
post #5554 of 6049 Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 PM

--

Aaron J. Bossig

Some people like to complain about BluRay. I just like to watch movies in HD. I'm funny like that.
post #5555 of 6049 Old 03-07-2009, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

I'm going to be getting either the new Sony 360 or Panny 60, and relegate the 1200 to the BR for dvd's.

Any thoughts about where the Sony or Panny would be better (they're modest refinements of the present Sony 350 and Panny 35)?

Both companies have proven their ability to make players and support the players with timely and properly developed firmware. I own prior Sony models and can recommend Sony and expect the next players from both companies to be safe bets. I don't know if either new player will actually improve on their previous players which are excellent.

Chris
post #5556 of 6049 Old 03-07-2009, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:

Well, let's do some math. Amazon list over 3300 Blu-ray titles. That means that the 11 BD's that don't play on the 1200 repesent less than 0.3% of BD titles. Looked at another way, that means that 99+% of BD titles play on the 1200. That's a very respectable success rate especially if viewed from Samsung Corporate's perspective.

However, I am not a Samsung apologist - I have been very critical of Samsung and their BD players based on my experience with the 1200. I always advise people not to buy Samsung BD players. I believe Samsung should issue FW to enable those 11 titles to play (as well as others that may not play in the future). The point of my post is that Samsung needs to do this for their more recent players and it should be a simple matter to transfer that code to the 1200 FW for updates. That's why I remain hopeful about future updates for the 1200.

Your efforts on behalf of the 1200 and its owners is commendable. Keep up the crusade.

When i first got the 1200, i thought it was the greatest component in a decade for my system. After months of "work" it became a labor, and when ya sit down with the hot popcorn and dim the lights...you expect the movie to roll. I dont care about percentages....Dump out of Samsung and go Sony!!!! I did and NEVER looked back.

I still follow up here for FW info since I still have the 1200 for backup and/or the 2nd smaller theater coming next year.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #5557 of 6049 Old 03-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

When i first got the 1200, i thought it was the greatest component in a decade for my system. After months of "work" it became a labor, and when ya sit down with the hot popcorn and dim the lights...you expect the movie to roll. I dont care about percentages....Dump out of Samsung and go Sony!!!! I did and NEVER looked back.

I chose the 1200 because it was --according to the reviews-- a top upconverting DVD player.

At this point the 1200 doesn't fit into any slot in my system. It stutters at chapter points in DVDs and it doesn't seem to be a good bet regarding a permanent Blu-ray player.

I'd prefer to have both functions, but one or the other would be acceptable.

I have little doubt that all these issues are Samsung's business decisions, nothing to do with technology.

Pablo Roufogalis L.

post #5558 of 6049 Old 03-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

I still follow up here for FW info since I still have the 1200 for backup and/or the 2nd smaller theater coming next year.

Yep, I hear ya. The 1200 didn't spend a lot of time in our home theater. It was replaced by a Panasonic BD30 when that player came out in Nov 2007. So now the 1200 is relegated to a secondary TV and is not used all that much. The 1200 had so much promise as a BD player especially with the REON chip for DVD upconversion but Samsung's lousy tech support never allowed it to fulfill its potential. It's been superceded by current players with respect to BD profiles and hi-rez audio options but I don't think its upconversion capabilities have been surpassed. Too bad.
post #5559 of 6049 Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep, I hear ya. The 1200 didn't spend a lot of time in our home theater. It was replaced by a Panasonic BD30 when that player came out in Nov 2007. So now the 1200 is relegated to a secondary TV and is not used all that much. The 1200 had so much promise as a BD player especially with the REON chip for DVD upconversion but Samsung's lousy tech support never allowed it to fulfill its potential. It's been superceded by current players with respect to BD profiles and hi-rez audio options but I don't think its upconversion capabilities have been surpassed. Too bad.

..wUrd...

...and oddly, my s550 performs sweet with std dvd so i dont feel like i miss the hqv, and my Tosh hdA30 actually plays std dvd better than any player i ever had.

Nice to have so many hi-performnce options plugged in.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #5560 of 6049 Old 03-08-2009, 02:13 PM

I went to the Samsung blu ray upgrade site and it posted version 2.5 available as of 12/04/2008. I tried to do an upgrade but the player said I already had the latest version. When I checked the system version it listed 080609 which was back in June of 2008 and should be version 2.4. Not sure why the LAN download wouldn't recognize a newer version. Anyone know what is going on?

post #5561 of 6049 Old 03-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroen View Post

I went to the Samsung blu ray upgrade site and it posted version 2.5 available as of 12/04/2008. I tried to do an upgrade but the player said I already had the latest version. When I checked the system version it listed 080609 which was back in June of 2008 and should be version 2.4. Not sure why the LAN download wouldn't recognize a newer version. Anyone know what is going on?

No one can, you can thank Samsung.

The only way is to download to your computer & then burn as an ISO image on a CD-R disk & do it that way.
Thanks Samsuck for making life less easy.
post #5562 of 6049 Old 03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A visit to the HQV site shows that there are very few HQV players, other than Samsung's.

What top upconverting technologies are used by non-crappy manufacturers at this moment?

The new Oppo will be also a BD player, at more than two times the price of the older model that was just a top DVD upconverter.

Pablo Roufogalis L.

post #5563 of 6049 Old 03-09-2009, 07:46 PM

I spent $20 at Blockbuster the other day on 4 BD movie rentals and not a one of them would play on my 1200 and I've got the ver. 2.5 firmware!! I was so mad and said to hell with it. Then I forgot to return them on time and it cost me another $17 in late fee's. I'll never buy another samsung anthing!!
post #5564 of 6049 Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post

Hello Speed70.

I own the 1200 and I've on numerous occasions given positive reviews about "my" 1200. It has been a very good bluray player for me. I just updated the firmware from 2.3 to 2.5 due to the fact that it was unable to play "Transformers" on 2.3. The first bluray that would not play out of 41 different movies. What's crazy is that it actually played before.

Anyway, I was very skeptical about the claim by another poster (shadowcaster) that the Pioneer "blows away" the Samsung 1200 with standard DVD playback. I just find that hard to believe. Now with Bluray playback, I will concede (audio and video), but to say that the upscaler used in the Pioneer is better than the HQV used in the Samsung, to me is a stretch. On par, I would consider, but "Blow away"?!! I could even swallow "slightly better", but "Blow away"?! I do believe that that seems to be somewhat on the dramatic side. Are you sure you're not still high from the excitement of adding the new player to your system? IMO, "Blow away" would be the description I would give when comparing dvd to vhs! I would even go as far as bluray compared to standard dvd. But to say that the performance of the 51 blows away the 1200 in standard dvd playback,...... I just can't believe there is going to be that big a disparity in video performance.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I've seen the 51 on display and demo'd in a hi-end store (HiFi House) in 1080P and no doubt the picture was stunning. Did it blow away my 1200's PQ? IMO, no. Was it better? Yes, no doubt. Granted, I did not see how it performed with standard dvds. So my opinion is based off the well documented upscaling performance of the HQV/Reon processor.

I just think we need to put things in proper perspective.
Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge that the 1200 has it's deficiencies. I will be replacing my 1200 with the Sony BDP-S550 in the near future.
By the way, this is not meant to be a criticism, just an observation and viewpoint.

Regards.

After reading this response, I must say that I'm somewhat skeptical that you actually have seen this Pioneer player perform. The only way I could see you not noticing the dramatic difference in picture quality would be if you were not fortunate enough to see it working in tandem with a Kuro, or the player wasn't set up for that set. I guess I should be more specific in exactly how it blows away the Samsung.

First, it offers an option called Pioneer PDP. This is a special feature to be used with a Kuro to offer an even more enhanced picture. It makes black/shadows look darker and more natural. In addition, the colors have more pop to them than with the Samsung. It's a much more natural look, no-doubt helped by the 12 bit deep color support. In addition, I noticed there were far less jaggies with the Pioneer when watching Mission Impossible 3, as well as there being less pixelating issues in the opening black & white scenes of Seabiscuit. I would challenge anyone to view a BD movie on each player in 1080p/24 on a Kuro and not come away shocked at the difference in pq. I've always been a fan of the Samsung's picture quality, but after having the chance to view many movies on both players, it's not even close. And believe me, the difference is just as noticeable with SD discs.

Beyond just that, the Pioneer does not have problems with the audio being properly synced when watching movies in 24fps. On the Samsung, there were constant issues with the audio not being in sync. Most of the time it was minor, but it was noticeable. With some movies, like Tropic Thunder, it's real bad.

And on the issue of audio, the Wolfson audio with the Pioneer is nothing short of spectacular. And, well, the Samsung's audio has always been one of its weakest links.

Honestly, I feel bad that you apparently have not been fortunate enough to experience the full capability of what the Pioneer player can do. It does give an all-around better experience in movie watching, in every way possible. The only area where the Samsung has it beat is in loading times, but it isn't that much faster. As great as the picture & sound quality is on the Pioneer, I can only imagine how impressive it must be on their new Elite BDP-09FD player, but considering how expensive it will be, I'll have to wait a while on that one.
post #5565 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proufo View Post

A visit to the HQV site shows that there are very few HQV players, other than Samsung's.

What top upconverting technologies are used by non-crappy manufacturers at this moment?

The new Oppo will be also a BD player, at more than two times the price of the older model that was just a top DVD upconverter.

The upcoming Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player is expected to be priced at $599 at release with the EAP group already purchasing the player for $499 compared to the top rated Oppo DV-983H DVD player which was priced at $399. I am not sure what you meant by more than two times the price.

I think the BD-P1200 has become a joke, the worst of the worst due to lack of firmware support. I did think the BD-P1200 DVD performance was excellent with the original firmware but Blu-ray performance has been unacceptable from day one with a few brief moments during its life when it appeared almost all discs would play only to be disappointed with the next group of releases that didn't play with no firmware update in sight. Who knows how many consumers purchased this player or the predecessor, BD-P1000, and then threw in the towel after repeated problems playing rental discs.

Chris
post #5566 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Can someone please post firmware 2.4 for the samsung 1200 2.5 is very bugy on dvd playback help....o buy the way that pioneer post is very wrong 1200 has better picture quality sorry thats the truth...2.4 please....
post #5567 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Hi, Downloadplex.com shows firmware version 2.5.1.1 dated 16-02-09. Does anyone know if this is an upgrade to 2.5?
post #5568 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed70 View Post

After reading this response, I must say that I'm somewhat skeptical that you actually have seen this Pioneer player perform. The only way I could see you not noticing the dramatic difference in picture quality would be if you were not fortunate enough to see it working in tandem with a Kuro, or the player wasn't set up for that set. I guess I should be more specific in exactly how it blows away the Samsung.

First, it offers an option called Pioneer PDP. This is a special feature to be used with a Kuro to offer an even more enhanced picture. It makes black/shadows look darker and more natural. In addition, the colors have more pop to them than with the Samsung. It's a much more natural look, no-doubt helped by the 12 bit deep color support. In addition, I noticed there were far less jaggies with the Pioneer when watching Mission Impossible 3, as well as there being less pixelating issues in the opening black & white scenes of Seabiscuit. I would challenge anyone to view a BD movie on each player in 1080p/24 on a Kuro and not come away shocked at the difference in pq. I've always been a fan of the Samsung's picture quality, but after having the chance to view many movies on both players, it's not even close. And believe me, the difference is just as noticeable with SD discs.

Beyond just that, the Pioneer does not have problems with the audio being properly synced when watching movies in 24fps. On the Samsung, there were constant issues with the audio not being in sync. Most of the time it was minor, but it was noticeable. With some movies, like Tropic Thunder, it's real bad.

And on the issue of audio, the Wolfson audio with the Pioneer is nothing short of spectacular. And, well, the Samsung's audio has always been one of its weakest links.

Honestly, I feel bad that you apparently have not been fortunate enough to experience the full capability of what the Pioneer player can do. It does give an all-around better experience in movie watching, in every way possible. The only area where the Samsung has it beat is in loading times, but it isn't that much faster. As great as the picture & sound quality is on the Pioneer, I can only imagine how impressive it must be on their new Elite BDP-09FD player, but considering how expensive it will be, I'll have to wait a while on that one.

+1 , Additionally, the unit he demoed may not have had the latest FW

"Talk to me Goose"
post #5569 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodoggy View Post

Hi, Downloadplex.com shows firmware version 2.5.1.1 dated 16-02-09. Does anyone know if this is an upgrade to 2.5?

If you click the download link, the resulting download dialog box indicates exactlly the same file name as 2.5, released in early December. Namely : ISO_081119_01_BDP1200_XAA.zip

So, I believe it is NOT a new FW release.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #5570 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Conway View Post

I spent $20 at Blockbuster the other day on 4 BD movie rentals and not a one of them would play on my 1200 and I've got the ver. 2.5 firmware!! I was so mad and said to hell with it. Then I forgot to return them on time and it cost me another $17 in late fee's. I'll never buy another samsung anthing!!

That's hilarious !

Maybe the Blockbuster clerk woulda waived the late fees if you had mentioned to him that you have a Samsung BD player ? Heck, he'll probably waived that and the whole rental fees if he himself owns one .

Just messing with ya, buddy.

-
Samsung BD-P1400 Questions?
The 1400 Technical Boomoo Reviews
7.1 Boomoos

Official Boomoo Reviewer
High Def Junkies
-
Be INTOLERANT! Some things are just too stupid to put up with.
post #5571 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Liked: 17
Works fine with F/W 2.5. It has been added to the above table.
post #5572 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Barney, I was one hair from tossing that F-in 1200 in the pool. The worse part isn't really the money, it's sitting down on a Friday or Saturday night after a long week with the better/half and a ice cold beer. Then putting in one of the few movies I even care to watch (come on hollyweird) and then getting the dredded "This disk cannot be played"

Cash, Max Payne was one of them but I can't remember the other 3. I've been trying to block the memory of the whole evening! Thanks for the link to samsung. I just sent them a email.
post #5573 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

You're my kind of folks JC, buddy. I just want to sit down with a couple of cold ones and enjoy watching movies, period . Is that too much to ask out of Samsung?

Samsung is a hit or miss product, specifically with their BD players. Even along the same model, depending on the manufactured date or what cart they arrived in, you really don't know what you gonna get. Life's a box of chocolate with Samsung . Fortunately I have not had a BD that wouldn't play with my 1400, KOW . And a PS3 and a BD35 to back the Samsung up just in case it wanna act up . Good luck on Samsung No-support, Samsung Don't Care hotline, buddy.

-
7.1 Boomoos

Official Boomoo Reviewer
High Def Junkies
-
post #5574 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash70 View Post

This table is intended to easily keep track of which movies play fine and those that have issues (e.g. need a firmware upgrade) with the BD-P1200. If you would like to contribute, please send me the info via PM or just post on this thread. Include any specific steps you took to get the movie to play.

This list can be used to send Samsung requests for a F/W upgrade. Without us asking them, they will never get to it. Even if you don't have the movie, please take the time to contact them through their website and let them know which movies do not play.

-snip-

A worthy and honorable effort, cash. From the list of BDs that wouldn't play, Max Payne gots to be a deal breaker for most ?

I mean you guys are not really missing anything with The Wackness ...

-
7.1 Boomoos

Official Boomoo Reviewer
High Def Junkies
-
post #5575 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Barney, I was one hair from tossing that F-in 1200 in the pool. The worse part isn't really the money, it's sitting down on a Friday or Saturday night after a long week with the better/half and a ice cold beer. Then putting in one of the few movies I even care to watch (come on hollyweird) and then getting the dredded "This disk cannot be played"

You hit it the nail right on the head. That's exactly what happened to me. Took my GF out to dinner on Valentine's Day, planned to come back and watch Zack and Miri, and... nada. It really would have been a perfect way to spend the evening, but instead we had to settle for another movie.

BTW, I'm planning on watching Amadeus this weekend, am I in for any more cold-beer-wasting moments?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

Some people like to complain about BluRay. I just like to watch movies in HD. I'm funny like that.
post #5576 of 6049 Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This player can't be trusted as your only or primary Blu-ray player but 4 out of 4 not playing makes me believe you didn't try resetting the memory or other fixes to get the discs to load or there is something wrong other than the normal unreliable performance of your specific BD-P1200.

Chris
post #5577 of 6049 Old 03-11-2009, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post

I think the BD-P1200 has become a joke, the worst of the worst due to lack of firmware support. I did think the BD-P1200 DVD performance was excellent with the original firmware but Blu-ray performance has been unacceptable from day one with a few brief moments during its life when it appeared almost all discs would play only to be disappointed with the next group of releases that didn't play with no firmware update in sight.
Chris

Exactly... I am not technical enough to explain this but...a huge reason I dont miss my 1200 as my primary player is that I always thought the player was better at upconverting std dvd in the beginning before i started doing the FW upgrades, and that as time went along the HQV benefit seemed diminished, along with all the other issues we had to deal with. Somewhere along the line it's ability with standard dvd has been diluted. No way my Tosh hdA30 and my Sony s550 should be superior to an hqv driven machine for std dvd.

post #5578 of 6049 Old 03-11-2009, 07:07 AM
AlB

Transporter 3 OK w/2.4
post #5579 of 6049 Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:

Cash, Max Payne was one of them but I can't remember the other 3. I've been trying to block the memory of the whole evening! Thanks for the link to samsung. I just sent them a email.

No problem. I try to bug them at least once a week. Hopefully the next "fix" will be coming out soon.
post #5580 of 6049 Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney_DaPurple1 View Post

A worthy and honorable effort, cash. From the list of BDs that wouldn't play, Max Payne gots to be a deal breaker for most ?

I mean you guys are not really missing anything with The Wackness ...

Thanks.

Mine does freeze alot. It seems now that it freezes at least once for every movie. And I clear the memory every time before playing a BR.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd P1200 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page