riosrancho: Right now I own both.. To touch on SimpleTheaters remarks.
- You can buy an infrared remote, and you can get a Universal to work with it. (if you don't know
what your doing though it is a pain)
- Now this one would be nice to have.. Analog outputs would be a plus for the PS3
- Can be noisy at times
+ Easy to upgrade to give better features future codecs and sound formats.
+ You can take an SD card right out of your camera and view pictures
+ Works as a network and a music server
+ Gaming system to only get better
+ upscaling DVDs so they look even better
+ High Def downloads for games and eventually movies..
+ Internet excess
+ PSP intergration is way cool.
Now the BDP-S300 Sorry didn't see the all other Blu-Ray players, but this is one I have and it is the easiest to compare.
- harder to access updates etc..
- doesn't do a lot of what the PS3 does
- decoding all sound formats still questionable
- if HD-DVD wins the war you got a great CD/DVD Player this could be a positive as well
+ Great fast movie player
+ Seems to decode all the sound formats I care about.
+ Good upscaling DVD Player
+ Great HD Blu-Ray play back
+ Good stand alone player that is quite.
I am sure I am missing something..... but then agains I just got this...
The big question is what do you need?