post #631 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch-digger View Post

when hooking up audio thru the 5.1 analog. i set the player to pcm, and turn off the compression. i also have to turn my sub up another quarter turn.

it sounds great, just wondering if anyone does something different when using analog.?

Try adjusting your bass volume using your receiver rather than subwoofer itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 02:25 PM

Me again!

Just when I thought my 1400 had ticked me off as much as it could, I picked up a copy of 28 weeks later today. Not only am I getting audio drop-outs and freezes, but now I get intermitent video breakups/distortions and occasional complete loss of video!

Movie is completely un-watchable without having to turn it off and on after the errors than resume playback where I left off.

This really is starting to seem more like a HDMI handshake issue or HDCP problem.

Still not convinced Samsung is 100% to blame though.

Half
post #633 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfrican View Post

Me again!

Just when I thought my 1400 had ticked me off as much as it could, I picked up a copy of 28 weeks later today. Not only am I getting audio drop-outs and freezes, but now I get intermitent video breakups/distortions and occasional complete loss of video!

Movie is completely un-watchable without having to turn it off and on after the errors than resume playback where I left off.

This really is starting to seem more like a HDMI handshake issue or HDCP problem.

Still not convinced Samsung is 100% to blame though.

Half

Do you have the same problem if you bypass your receiver?
post #634 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Eldridge View Post

Do you have the same problem if you bypass your receiver?

Haven't yet, but will later tonight when I get home from work....

Half
post #635 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It is anther Fox title so it could all be related to the Fox discs on Samsung players.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for theirs.
General George Patton
post #636 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 05:17 PM

ROTSS worked flawlessly on my 1400 so its not all Fox titles are affected
post #637 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kelley View Post

After trying the new BJC - with Belden Bonded pair Tech - I'm still having audio freezes and dropouts. Twice tonight using PCM and bitstream output with a Disney flick using the PCM soundtrack. This player is really buggy.

I'm on the verge of returning the player to CC.
Not, sure if I'll ask for a new 1400 or try a PS3. I've already sold my Sammy 1000 player and it never gave me any problems. I only moved to the 1400 to get the better audio formats.

I've returned the first 1400 to CC and got a second player. At this point I'm not downloading the new firmware. Checking how the internal audio decodes work using PCM.
post #638 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfrican View Post

ROTSS worked flawlessly on my 1400 so its not all Fox titles are affected

Mine took 4 minutes to load but I have no audio dropouts so I'm not returning it. And it's not like I'll ever stick Fantastic 4 back into the player to watch again.

I think the Fantastic Four not playing is overblown. No one should ever have to watch this movie. Fox is doing everyone a favor by not making it playable.
post #639 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'm happy to report I just finished 28 weeks later and it played flawlessly. No hiccups, stops or drop outs. PQ was great and the sound was amazing.
Bitstreamed to my onkyo 875.
post #640 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

Mine took 4 minutes to load but I have no audio dropouts so I'm not returning it. And it's not like I'll ever stick Fantastic 4 back into the player to watch again.

I think the Fantastic Four not playing is overblown. No one should ever have to watch this movie. Fox is doing everyone a favor by not making it playable.

I TOTALLY AGREE with you in regards to the quality of the movie!
post #641 of 12884 Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr View Post

I'm happy to report I just finished 28 weeks later and it played flawlessly. No hiccups, stops or drop outs. PQ was great and the sound was amazing.
Bitstreamed to my onkyo 875.

So it sounds like I either have a bad disc, bad 1400 (again?), bad HDMI cable (doubtful), or maybe the Denon AVR3808ci really does have some type of HDMI Handshake issue with the Samsung 1400.

Either way, I'm growing tired of all of this, but will try to "hold out" for a firmware upgrade.

Has anyone with a Denon AVR3808ci had issues with this title and/or the Sammy 1400 like I'm having?

Half
post #642 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 08:44 AM

I am holding out until Black Friday to see if I can get a deal on a 1400. Does anyone know a good site that directs you to the best deals in electronics?

Thanks,

Bill
post #643 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Half, I had no issues playing that title with my 1400 connected to my Onkyo 885 pre/pro via bitstream. If I get a chance, I'll move the 1400 to my other system which includes the 3808 AVR. If there are hickups then, it would seem to be the 3808 for sure.
post #644 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 AM

I have no issue with Pioneer VSX92 either. Well, so far.. I'll report if I run into any issues, obviously.

Speakers: Monitor Audio GR60, GRLCR, GR-10
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-92
Amp: (Still searching...)
post #645 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclausen View Post

Half, I had no issues playing that title with my 1400 connected to my Onkyo 885 pre/pro via bitstream. If I get a chance, I'll move the 1400 to my other system which includes the 3808 AVR. If there are hickups then, it would seem to be the 3808 for sure.

Sure would be appreciated, at least then I would know whether to complain to Denon or Samsung!

Thanks again,

Half
post #646 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophreak View Post

I picked up mine today from best buy. When hooked up with the pioneer elite vsx 92 it sounded Amazing. X3 sounded like a ware zone was in my room!. 300 sounded amazing too with true hd. A few pics

Cool, this is the combo that is on the top of my list...for now.

So, do you have the player set to bitstream and if you select "Uncompressed" from BD menu it would play LPCM without having to change the player to PCM?

I'm guessing if set to PCM it (Samsung) would decode internally and send PCM to the Pioneer. It would do this for all codecs except DTS-HD-MA. For this, it would decode and only send as DTS?
post #647 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So, do you have the player set to bitstream and if you select "Uncompressed" from BD menu it would play LPCM without having to change the player to PCM?

Yes

Quote:

I'm guessing if set to PCM it (Samsung) would decode internally and send PCM to the Pioneer. It would do this for all codecs except DTS-HD-MA. For this, it would decode and only send as DTS?

Yes
post #648 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm planning on getting an HDMI 1.3 capable AVR with enough HDMI inputs to handle the '1400 along with my other sources. However, until then, I'll be outputting audio through the 5.1 analogue connectors into Ext. In on my Denon AVR and video through component cables. My question is whether I'll be able to take advantage of the full complement of HD audio options available the player can decode, i.e., DolbyTrueHD, DTS-MA HD, etc.?
post #649 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I bought a brand new Samsung BD-P1400 and have it connected to to an Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI and have the Onkyo TX-SR705 connected to a Sharp LC-52D64U LCD via HDMI also but video only, all sound done through the 705.

I just upgraded the firmware to the latest as recommended by Samsung to get the advanced audio tracks over HDMI using "Bitstream".

I only have one movie to try right now (Perfect Strangers) and can only get "MutiChannel" to show up on the Onkyo 705. I selected the "Uncompressed PCM" track on the disk and set the 1400 to output "Bitstream" to the Onkyo 705. When the movie starts the "DTS" light is on but goes out after the "HDMI" light flashes a few times the "MultiChannel" lights up and that it. I've tried switching to "PCM" in the 1400 but I get exactly the same results.

I've already returned a Samsung BD-P1200 because I found out it had problems with certain movies and processing the new audio tracks (no "Bitstream"). I was assured by Samsung this would "fix my problem" (1400).

Can someone please help me out, I think I'm technically savvy but it just might be I can't see the forest for the trees type of thing.

Should the Onkyo be set a certain way? I running out of things to try...

Thanks...
post #650 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

If you send uncompressed PCM via bitstream "Multichannel" is what you will get. The player will automatically switch itself back to PCM. Try Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD instead.

Making the most out of what I got.
post #651 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty View Post

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I bought a brand new Samsung BD-P1400 and have it connected to to an Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI and have the Onkyo TX-SR705 connected to a Sharp LC-52D64U LCD via HDMI also but video only, all sound done through the 705.

I just upgraded the firmware to the latest as recommended by Samsung to get the advanced audio tracks over HDMI using "Bitstream".

I only have one movie to try right now (Perfect Strangers) and can only get "MutiChannel" to show up on the Onkyo 705. I selected the "Uncompressed PCM" track on the disk and set the 1400 to output "Bitstream" to the Onkyo 705. When the movie starts the "DTS" light is on but goes out after the "HDMI" light flashes a few times the "MultiChannel" lights up and that it. I've tried switching to "PCM" in the 1400 but I get exactly the same results.

I've already returned a Samsung BD-P1200 because I found out it had problems with certain movies and processing the new audio tracks (no "Bitstream"). I was assured by Samsung this would "fix my problem" (1400).

Can someone please help me out, I think I'm technically savvy but it just might be I can't see the forest for the trees type of thing.

Thanks...

You can try this it is a pain but it seems to fix problems. Hit the power and dvr button and same time until it say clear. you will have to go back and set up the hdmi and all that but it should fix the problem, there is some settings that the advanced audio dont like and it will make it so it does not work right. after all that go into samsung select bitstream then put in movie and select the adavnced audio and all should work. it is a pain but it should fix the problem. also do not mess with anything in option 7 of the set up menu of the onkyo
post #652 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Perfect Strangers doesn't have advanced audio. It's uncompressed PCM and DD 5.1 only.
post #653 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Eldridge View Post

Perfect Strangers doesn't have advanced audio. It's uncompressed PCM and DD 5.1 only.

Yup

post #654 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrstevens421 View Post

If you send uncompressed PCM via bitstream "Multichannel" is what you will get. The player will automatically switch itself back to PCM. Try Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD instead.

I don't have the choice of "Dolby TrueHD" or "DTS-HD" on the movie audio tracks. My best choice was "PCM 5.1 Uncompressed" and I thought that was at least "DTS". Maybe the movie just doesn't have the audio track I thought.

I just checked Netflix and they say the movie is Dolby Digital 5.1. I'm really embarrassed I didn't catch this before posting I'll try to do my homework better next time. I have a tendency to overlook the little things when I get a new toy.

Thanks...

edit: Thanks Guys for the quick responces while I was typing my reply, also thanks for not dumba$$ing me when I fully deserved it!
post #655 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't have the choice of "Dolby TrueHD" or "DTS-HD" on the movie audio tracks. My best choice was "PCM 5.1 Uncompressed" and I thought that was at least "DTS". Maybe the movie just doesn't have the audio track I thought.

I just checked Netflix and they say the movie is Dolby Digital 5.1. I'm really embarrassed I ddidn't catch this before posting I'll try to do my homework better next time. I have a tendency to overlook the little things when I get a new toy.

Thanks...

No prob, all this new technology is very exciting and can get relatively confusing. This what AVS is for . I recommend you rent X-men 3, you'll be happy you did .

post #656 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just checked Netflix and they say the movie is Dolby Digital 5.1. I'm really embarrassed I didn't catch this before posting I'll try to do my homework better next time. I have a tendency to overlook the little things when I get a new toy.

Thanks...

edit: Thanks Guys for the quick responces while I was typing my reply, also thanks for not dumba$$ing me when I fully deserved it!

What was it that all those old cartoons from School House Rock used to say.
"knowledge is power" I am sure each and everyone of us has had moments like this. But it is good you got it sorted out.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for theirs.
General George Patton
post #657 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks...

I can't get my Onkyo 605 to pass thru my 1400 through the HDMI... If I plug my HDMI to DVI cable right into the 1400 to the TV, it works like a champ. Put the 605 in the mix... nothing. Anyone have any ideas.

John Burton

post #658 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfixitBIG View Post

I can't get my Onkyo 605 to pass thru my 1400 through the HDMI... If I plug my HDMI to DVI cable right into the 1400 to the TV, it works like a champ. Put the 605 in the mix... nothing. Anyone have any ideas.

That is because you have to use all hdmi no dvi.
1.3 hdmi version if you want dts hd and dolby tru.
post #659 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviec View Post

That is because you have to use all hdmi no dvi.
1.3 hdmi version if you want dts hd and dolby tru.

but why does the 1400 work with HDMI to DVI hooked directly into the blu-ray player and the TV? That is what has me stumped

John Burton

post #660 of 12884 Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
You have audio in your TV when you hook up the HDMI to DVI cable?
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page