jvc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsprague View Post

TCGN,

With the Panny 30 using the 5.1 analog outs you will get DD and DTS sound only. With the older Panny 10 you will TrueHD and DTS-HD when available on the 7.1 analog outs. The Panny 10 has internal decoding for the HD Audio and the Panny 30 does not. If you do not plan on buying a new receiver soon, then the Panny 10 deserves consideration.

You know, THAT could be the reason the 30 does not decode internally(yet). They need to give people a reason toe buy the 10a.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post

I did. I got one emailed to me a few months ago that I used. Then yesterday I went back to the website and requested another one. And to my surprise, it showed up. I believe it was dated 11/1 - 12/31/07. I thought it said something like a new offer for AAA members. Sounded like everyone would get another shot at it.

AAA office here says repeats are ok.

Chuck
post #453 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Found this review. To me the author was not totally fair, the Panny is one of the fastest and trouble free plus it does what it is supposed to. How they get to the punctuation is not clear either.
post #454 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We just keep trying to product place HD-DVD players on these Bu Ray forums huh?

Oh, stick it back in your pants. For most of the people here, this isn't something to get pissy about.
post #455 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I have to laugh when I see people knock players without ethernet. How hard is it to just put in a CD-R for firmwares? And very good point, he failed to mention the super fast loading times. Makes me wonder if he even turned it on...

Build your own Concession Stand Counter for cheap! Search -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #456 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

Anyone else not able to get the AAA 10% CC coupon emailed to them? I was going to pick up the Panasonic DMP-BD30 this A.M., but no joy on the emailed coupon.

I had the same problem with AAA. I waited 2 days for the code to be emailed, and it never came. I finally wrote AAA an email explaining the problem, and within a couple of hours I got an apology, and the code. I just bought the player with the 10% off and it rocks!
post #457 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFigueiredo View Post

Future Shop in Canada has 400 on order. No ETA.

Good to know!
post #458 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark69 View Post

I had the same problem with AAA. I waited 2 days for the code to be emailed, and it never came. I finally wrote AAA an email explaining the problem, and within a couple of hours I got an apology, and the code. I just bought the player with the 10% off and it rocks!

I've written AAA twice for coupons. I've gotten both well within 24 hours. Not sure what happened with yours, but glad they resolved it.
post #459 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Has any one tried to call up the Menu once standard DVD begins playing? I was playing a DVD tonight and tried to call Menu up after movie began playing and could not get the Menu to come up. I may be tired, but this should happen when Menu button is hit shouldn't it?
post #460 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Liked: 12
I believe the pop up menu option is only for Blu-ray discs. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Sometimes I think my brain has a mind of its own.
post #461 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiohm View Post

Found this review. To me the author was not totally fair, the Panny is one of the fastest and trouble free plus it does what it is supposed to. How they get to the punctuation is not clear either.

I've never considered CNET as the arbiter of quality product reviews. If you are happy with your unit, then be happy. If you are looking at the unit, you have a decision to make: Buy this one or wait for the rest of the Profile 1.1 compliant players to emerge. You can be bleeding edge, leading edge or bringing up the rear, as far as I see it. Six months from now, there may be a better BD player on the market. As for me, I'm ordering this one. Damn the torpedos............ (Stepping off the Rant box for now)
post #462 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Just got my BD30 hooked up to my Pioneer 92txh receiver (goes great with the Tosh A35, too) and mated to a Pioneer 5071 plasma. I've been dual format since the Tosh A1 and the PS3 came out. My brother in law was the beneficiary of the A1 and it looks like the PS3 will make its way upstairs to the kids "play" room.

I've run some discs through their paces (POTC 1/2 and Spidey3) and didn't have an issue with either one. Both discs ran and played as well as (maybe better than) my PS3 plays them. I must say that will all the negative comments regarding the Sony/Samsung players I'm glad I waited to get a stand alone player that worked well out of the box and was reasonably priced.

At full price compared to the competition it seems this unit is a winner hands down. With the Panasonic EPP price it's practically a steal.
post #463 of 12544 Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George View Post

Oh, stick it back in your pants. For most of the people here, this isn't something to get pissy about.

LOL, and amen!
post #464 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdlokg View Post

I've never considered CNET as the arbiter of quality product reviews. If you are happy with your unit, then be happy. If you are looking at the unit, you have a decision to make: Buy this one or wait for the rest of the Profile 1.1 compliant players to emerge. You can be bleeding edge, leading edge or bringing up the rear, as far as I see it. Six months from now, there may be a better BD player on the market. As for me, I'm ordering this one. Damn the torpedos............ (Stepping off the Rant box for now)

Calm down...it is just a review. I do have the Panny and am happy with it. To me it is the bestBR player out there (and I did sample my share of BR players) considering price/performance but it is true that for those who do not have an HMDI v3 receiver they need to understand it does not decode true hd or dts hd-ma.
post #465 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy3720 View Post

finally got my bd30 yesterday at cc excellent player picture quality is better than the bd10k that i took back to get the bd30 plus now with my onkyo 605 can get the dts-hd and master on some of the movies. the sound is great. need to ask a question Have a harmony remote the 1000 model just curious if logitech upgraded their database for the code for the bd30 yet i tried to add to my activities and all didnt have this unit yet in their database I called them to add it.

I have a Harmony 550 remote that I set up to use with the BD30. While it does many functions OK, I am not able to assign custom buttons to several of the BD30 remote functions (like DISPLAY, STATUS, EJECT, TOP MENU). I tried to teach the remote to do these functions but that failed also. I sent an email to Harmony yesterday and am awaiting their response. Since this player is brand new, I am sure they will get it resolved before too long.
Mark
post #466 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 AM

Bill Mac,

I received the Reward Zone coupons Wednesday night. I had gone into Best Buy earlier that night to see when they were going to get some in. I too received the coupons either last weekend or the one prior, so I mentioned to the manager there that I should be getting more in soon. I asked him if I had to wait until they came in again to get the 12% off or if I could go ahead and get it. He got on the computer and checked and saw that there was indeed a 12% offer going this weekend. So he told me that whether I received my coupons or not in the mail, he would give me the 12% off starting today 11-16. I do think you have to be a reward zone member to receive the discount, so anyone reading this and planning to buy the 30 should sign up for RW first, and then ask for the discount. Hope this helps.
post #467 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoad View Post

Bill Mac,

I received the Reward Zone coupons Wednesday night. I had gone into Best Buy earlier that night to see when they were going to get some in. I too received the coupons either last weekend or the one prior, so I mentioned to the manager there that I should be getting more in soon. I asked him if I had to wait until they came in again to get the 12% off or if I could go ahead and get it. He got on the computer and checked and saw that there was indeed a 12% offer going this weekend. So he told me that whether I received my coupons or not in the mail, he would give me the 12% off starting today 11-16. I do think you have to be a reward zone member to receive the discount, so anyone reading this and planning to buy the 30 should sign up for RW first, and then ask for the discount. Hope this helps.

CrossRoad,

Thanks for the information and help. I talked to a CSR at the Reward Zone and he told me that the 12% coupons were sent out to members randomly. He said I was not being issued one for this weekend. I guess I will try at the BB I am buying the BD30 from.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #468 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Space View Post

I believe the pop up menu option is only for Blu-ray discs. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Neither the Pop-Up Menu nor Top Menu buttons work on standard DVDs. You need to use the Sub Menu button at the bottom of the remote and then toggle to the "Menu" command from there.

Kind of a pain.

I like the player, but its ergonomics are a mess.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #469 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioLefty View Post

I'm picking up my Panny DMP-BD30K tomorrow and will be using it with an Onkyo TX-SR705 and a Sharp LC-52D64U 52" 1080p LCD all connected via HDMI. Previously had the Samsung BD-P1400.

I've read every post and want to make sure I have this right.

Send all audio to Onkyo 705 via Bitstream
Turn off secondary audio mixing
Set player to 1080i instead of 1080p because of CUE

Will the CUE be corrected with a firmware update or is this a flaw I'll have to live with?

Thanks in advance...

What is CUE?
post #470 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 08:09 AM

Hey can somebody direct me where to post my Panny BD 10 for sale?
post #471 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 429
After several attempts I received the AAA coupon, two in fact. Then when I tried to apply the coupon code online it would not accept the code. I then called CC to order by phone and the agent was great, she applied the 10% off even though she could not get the code to work either. So I am off to pickup the BD30! I have to work till tomorrow morning but will hopefully have some time later tomorrow to get it up and running.

Thanks to the member or members that mentioned the AAA 10% coupon it took a little work to get it through but it was well worth the effort.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #472 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pick View Post

What is CUE?

See post 62 thru 65. This has been mentioned.
post #473 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM

Bill Mac, glad to hear you ended up getting a deal after all. Congrats on your new purchase.
post #474 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The CUE question is a good example where using the "Search This Thread" feature can come in extremely handy! Just look at the top right corner of thread page and you'll see the "Search This Thread" option. Click it, enter "CUE" and search. It will bring up all messages where CUE is mentioned and only messages in THIS thread.

I am grateful to AVS for implementing this feature of the vBulletin software! It is one of my most used features! A lot of forums don't offer it! Thank you AVS!!

Mark
post #475 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
CUE

More information on Chroma Subsampling. Just click here.
post #476 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Neither the Pop-Up Menu nor Top Menu buttons work on standard DVDs. You need to use the Sub Menu button at the bottom of the remote and then toggle to the "Menu" command from there.

Kind of a pain.

Don't know what you're doing there, sport, but for me the Top Menu button works fine on standard DVD's. The only thing that doesn't work is the pop-up menu -- that's a Blu-Ray function, not a shortcoming of the player.

As for ergonomics in general, most people, myself included, think the remote is pretty well laid out. That being said, some of the things that happen after you push a button could be better. For example, in slow motion, you can increase the speed but not decrease it without starting over at "Play". There are a couple more things that don't immediately spring to mind -- minor annoyances that don't detract significantly from the fact that, overall, this is a very good player. Sounds like you agree.
post #477 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 10:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoad View Post

Bill Mac,

I just called the local store and the Reward Zone folks... no joy. Perhaps I'd have to show up at the store and talk to them.

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #478 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kind of a pain.

Thank you. I was tired and could not find out how to get the menu to come up on SD DVDs. I feel really stupid now!
post #479 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kind of a pain.

Thank you. I was tired and could not find out how to get the menu to come up on SD DVDs. I feel really stupid now!

Oops , Double Click!
post #480 of 12544 Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

Are you an idiot? WTF are you talking about? I was making a statement about two awesome players. Grow up.

There are tons like him here. It's depressing. I'm looking for some good
deals on both HD DVD and Blu-ray films and tons of comments like that
there, mostly on BD side. Go to blu-ray.com -
most of the people there are like this.... Really sad.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bd30k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page