Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2007, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just returned from my local WM (went online and checked availability of PS3 w/80GB), called talked to store mgr and he said the promo is on until tonight (Sunday) as it's still in their register system (prompts them for 10 free movies). Went to the North Austin WM picked it up and my 10 free movies. Killer deal for Blu ray--much better than stand alone as it's same price, easier firmware updates, and 10 FREE BluRay movies +5 free mail in. Go grab one if you can (use internet to check their stock--tells you exactly which store have or not). They were VERY limited on BluRay movies (as sold out of them).

Thanks to whomever posted earlier today that it was still going on...awesome deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAZ View Post

The free movie offer didn't interest me.

This did at Costco - PS3 80/motorstorm with 2 controllers and blue ray remote for 449.00

Bought last one they had, I guess they marked them down today acording to the item tag.

Went there to get a vacum cleaner.

THAT'S why I love Costco! You go in for some specific item and walk out with a tray of baklava!

Rem facias, rem
si possis, recte, si non, quocumque modo, rem.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As a RED I used to be a bit biased against BLUE, but I have grown weary of the battle. With several interesting titles on BR and the last HD import (Prestige) costing me $40+ I saw wisdom in going PURPLE. At 10:30pm Saturday I strolled into a backwater WM in Land O Lakes, FL. They were sold out, but directed me to a store that supposedly had 5 ps3's yet.

When I got to the new store it was very much like others accounts... Tales from clerks and management about "The sale is Over", "We don't have any Blue Ray movies" to "This print you brought says Minimum 2, and we already sold 3 earlier". It was a battle! After about 1hr I had my booty. Sadly my movie selection was thin. I really wanted LFoDH and Rattatouie, but DH 1,2,3 and Cars would have to suffice. (For the record, I did get 10 titles, just not as many of what I would have liked - such as the Close Encounters they said no yo because it was $5 over the limit)

I have to admit, I am (for now) a convert. The PS3 IS a worthy machine. Form excellent video (Extended RGB colorspace) to HDMI 1.3a support to very cool SD,MS,CFcard picture viewing to actual gaming. As a long (and I mean long) time Xbox owner I am eager to see how time spent with the PS3 compares.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

THAT'S why I love Costco! You go in for some specific item and walk out with a tray of baklava!

LOL yeah! Last thing I thought I would see was a PS3 on sale there.

I thought alot bout the wal mart deal but when I got my A2 for $98, I bought 5 hd movies and still haven't watched them. Only one I bought and watched was Transformers (full price).

I'd rather get free games or money back. Nextflix solves all my movie needs.

P.S. I got a sweet Hoover vacum cleaner too!

PS3 and A2 - just want my HD
Old 11-25-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aham23 View Post

not much chatter on this link. it seems like a solid deal. what am i missing? later.

I'm less than thrilled with the movies I get to choose from with that one. I'd pretty much decided the PS3 was my best option since I could give that to my son when the new dual player finally hits the market. Still, if the movies are attractive to the buyer, that's a nice deal.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:15 PM

It appears that best buy well have the Sharp on sale this week for $399.00 plus 5 free discs instantly (plus the 5 by mail).

This will move me over to the dual format camp later this week.

Gary
Old 11-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post

Just returned from my local WM (went online and checked availability of PS3 w/80GB), called talked to store mgr and he said the promo is on until tonight (Sunday) as it's still in their register system (prompts them for 10 free movies). Went to the North Austin WM picked it up and my 10 free movies. Killer deal for Blu ray--much better than stand alone as it's same price, easier firmware updates, and 10 FREE BluRay movies +5 free mail in. Go grab one if you can (use internet to check their stock--tells you exactly which store have or not). They were VERY limited on BluRay movies (as sold out of them).

Thanks to whomever posted earlier today that it was still going on...awesome deal!

I found a WalMart in my area with 1 80GB PS3 in-stock. I gave them a call a few minutes ago, they did indeed still have one. However, the person in the electronics department said he "didn't think that deal was still going on." I asked him to double check for me and according to him, his manager told him "it was Friday and Saturday only." Weird as the sale didn't start until Saturday. Whatever, I think I'd rather a stand-alone player anyway, plus the less I buy from WalMart, the better I feel.

They really do seem to have quite a group of uninterested employees.

-Brian
Old 11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

LOL yeah! Last thing I thought I would see was a PS3 on sale there.

I thought alot bout the wal mart deal but when I got my A2 for $98, I bought 5 hd movies and still haven't watched them. Only one I bought and watched was Transformers (full price).

I'd rather get free games or money back. Nextflix solves all my movie needs.

P.S. I got a sweet Hoover vacum cleaner too!

Yeah, and with the Hoover, you won't have distracting reflections off the dusty floor

Rem facias, rem
si possis, recte, si non, quocumque modo, rem.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnius View Post

Wal-mart special URL:

Fourth post should be the charm:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8110810

So is this offer only from Wal-Mart online? Or is it also available in any Wal-Mart store?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchlewis View Post

So is this offer only from Wal-Mart online? Or is it also available in any Wal-Mart store?

I follow the link and it is valid, but if you try the site any other way the deal does not exist. What gives? and the movie choices blow!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtheater View Post

I follow the link and it is valid, but if you try the site any other way the deal does not exist. What gives? and the movie choices blow!!

I just went to the local Wal-Mart and they wouldn't honor any form of the deal. They would only sell us the unit for $480!! (not $348.88). The electronics manager said that they don't honor Wal-Mart online prices. Yet the website says "Available In Store"! Very frustrating!

We ended up using the link and went ahead and placed our order.....and it went through! We picked out our 5 free Blu-Ray DVD's and the order went through totally normally. I'll let you know if we get a phone call from Wal-Mart on Monday! hehehe

Thanks to hdtheater for posting this link!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchlewis View Post

Thats an online only deal. It was the same when I bought my XBOX HD DVD add on from Walmart.com for $179 with Heroes season 1 for free. Took Heroes back and the HD DVD player only cost $120. They ship from seperate locations and put them on seperate receipts. So, with that I am talking to hdtheater. You can order it and take the movies back and trade them in for cash since more than likely they will be on seperate receipts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtheater View Post

I found this website without using that link that was posted. It came right up whenever I searched for it.

If you have nausea, heartburn, indegestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. get pepto max!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragar01 View Post

It appears that best buy well have the Sharp on sale this week for $399.00 plus 5 free discs instantly (plus the 5 by mail).

This will move me over to the dual format camp later this week.

Gary

Hey, do you have some proof on this?? A link possibly? Also what model Sharp is this? Im also in the market to be dual format as well!!

If you have nausea, heartburn, indegestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. get pepto max!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayy5 View Post

Hey, do you have some proof on this?? A link possibly? Also what model Sharp is this? Im also in the market to be dual format as well!!

Page 7 of the Best Buy weekly ad, available on their site. Not sure how to link you to the exact page, though. Still trying to find the Best Buy 10% off coupon, too.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Its not as good as the deal from value electronics.

They have the Sharp for $299.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike171979 View Post

Its not as good as the deal from value electronics.

They have the Sharp for $299.

Where are you seeing that? I can only find it for $399 on their site:
http://www.*********************/Sharp%20BD-HP20.htm
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGuyOR View Post

Page 7 of the Best Buy weekly ad, available on their site. Not sure how to link you to the exact page, though. Still trying to find the Best Buy 10% off coupon, too.

Here's that Best Buy coupon again, if anyone is interested:

http://www.mommysavesbig.com/printab.../bestbuy11.pdf
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 AM

Does anyone know if there is currently a 12% printable coupon for Best Buy reward zone members. I just bought the Panasonic 30K player last week at Best Buy for full price ($499) and would like to go back there this week to get a refunded for 12% of the cost (a $60 refund). If not, I'll have to settle for a $50 refund with the 10% coupon. I am a reward zone member but I don't see any 12% coupons on the Reward Zone site, as of today.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKB View Post

Where are you seeing that? I can only find it for $399 on their site:
http://www.*********************/Sharp%20BD-HP20.htm

http://www.*********************/avstc.htm

Sharp BD player $299
Old 11-26-2007, 06:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky08016 View Post

http://www.*********************/avstc.htm

Sharp BD player $299

It would be $319 as there is a $20 charge for shipping. I bought a A35 from VE and returned it a week later over a month ago. VE charges a 10% restocking fee if you do any returns and as of yesterday my CC has not been credited the refund. I called Saturday and was told they made a mistake and would take care of it today.

I have not read much about the Sharp but IMO there must be a reason it is priced so low. And if you are not happy with it and return it you will pay return shipping plus the 10% restocking charge.

I will be using BB or CC to make my BR/HD-DVD purchases from now on. There is no shipping charges (either way), price matching within 30 days and if you do return something your CC is credited on the spot.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 26
CC has the Panasonic BD30 for about $450. It's $499 less 10% Cyber Monday when you buy on line and pick it up locally. See their home page for the info.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

it's confusing trying to sort out which player is better. Sony, Samsung, or Sharp. i was finally able to snag a sony 301 for $265 at BJs, but if the Sharp is head and shoulders above the Sony, I might consider it.

Anyone know? The $99 Toshiba was priced so low that it was a no brainer. Blu-ray is proving much harder

rather be lucky than good.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

the sharp has gotten some good reviews from members:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=922602&page=1

rather be lucky than good.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMManager View Post

The PS3 deal on Saturday is for 10 movies in the store. There are very specific instructions we have to follow when getting the customers the free titles (the company is getting some kind of credit and to ensure the proper credit all 10 titles have to be purchased in the same transacition, immediately after the PS3, and they are price overidden to $0.00. Stores are getting additional quantities of titles for this promotion. Our store has received a half pallet shipper of Blue Ray movies and we currently have 14
PS3's on hand.

We should have at least 29 titles on-hand because a pricing file has just dropped for black friday on blue ray movies (I personally believe it will be one of the secret items for friday although I cannot verify this). The following Blue Ray titles will all be $14.96 on black friday (the reason I believe it will be one of the secret items is because this is the same price our HD-DVD titles were on the pre-black friday sale earlier this month).

Blue Ray Titles for $14.96 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday:
Stargate
Night at the Museum
X-Men 3
Fifth Element
Final Fan Spirit
Flyboys
Rocky
Alexander Rev
House Daggers
Knights Tale
XXX
Swat
Stealth
Tears of the Sun
Patriot
Blood Diamond
Underworld
Crannk
Layer Cake
Windtalkers
Reservoir Dogs
Last Samurai
Swordfish
Unforgiven
Resident Evil 2
Terminator
Big Hit
T2
Black Hawk Down

One other piece of pure speculation on my part is that one of the secret items on black friday will be a Blue Ray Disc Player (Sony BDP-S300). I feel pretty strongly that these BD movies will be one of the secret items based on the price point and the pre-black friday sales on HD-DVD's at the exact same price point. That previous sale included both the HD-DVD titles and an HD-DVD player. In the past 5 weeks our store has sold one BDP-S300, we have just received 4 of these players and have 12 more showing on the way. For an item that we have have had one unit sold in 5 weeks, to have 16 in the store with no advertising or sales events does not make sense. Knowing that we will be having the BD titles on sale BF, having all of the BD players on-hand, it makes sense to me that they would be the secret items, but it is all speculation at this point. Maybe we will know more tomorrow.

Did anyone manage to score some Blu rays with this deal???
Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Results from the Amazon customer vote are in. I failed to 'win' the chance to buy either the Samsung P1400 fro $250 OR the Panasonic HD player under a different email address.

Did ANYONE on this forum 'win' a chance to buy either of these? I begin to wonder if real people actually got a chance to buy these, or if the ad was only new way to lure people in?

If you read my post a few pages back, I TRIED, but was told that there was NO discount on Blu-ray titles. The ONLY way to get them for less than normal list price was to buy a PS3 80Gig and get them as part of the 10 free instore. That was another part of why I felt so cheated and mislead by Walmart.

Space Scientists think LIGHTYEARS outside the box! 21 Red 2 Blue
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha View Post

Did ANYONE on this forum 'win' a chance to buy either of these? I begin to wonder if real people actually got a chance to buy these, or if the ad was only new way to lure people in?

I 'won' the $999 HD Camcorder for $299 (and ordered it), so it is legit.

Maybe next year...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:24 AM

So I'm very tempted to head up to Best Buy today and pick-up one of the Sharp players with the 5 free movies, instantly. Would I also be able to use the 10% coupon that has been posted?

Thanks for any help.

-Brian
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:

The free movie offer didn't interest me.

This did at Costco - PS3 80/motorstorm with 2 controllers and blue ray remote for 449.00

Bought last one they had, I guess they marked them down today acording to the item tag.

Went there to get a vacum cleaner.

What's the deal with the two controllers? I thought the PS3 came with a good wireless controller. What is missing that makes a second controller attractive?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailermon View Post

What is missing that makes a second controller attractive?

The ability to play two-player games.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha View Post

Results from the Amazon customer vote are in. I failed to 'win' the chance to buy either the Samsung P1400 fro $250 OR the Panasonic HD player under a different email address.

Got one.

Let's hope it's not the dog that it's forum suggests . . .

. . . but for $ 249 it's worth the chance.

-30-

Film Is NOT DEAD -- it is the Gold Standard against which all other formats are measured

Support ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO