Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 13490 Old 12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I know we are all talking current deals here, but is there any indication that deals and prices will disappear after the holidays? In other words are they dropping for the holidays or more about a format war? I am ready to go Blu, but I am also moving and leaving the HT setup with the house. I won't be able to take advantage of anything HD for a couple months and don't want to sink anything into technology based items. By the time I am ready could I expect the deals to be the same or disappear?

One more thing, most of the deals seem to focus around free movies to go with the player. These deals are what keeps me from jumping in. I would rather see players drop significantly in price than get a bunch of movies I may only watch once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 13490 Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Amazon has just lowered the price of the Samsung BD-P1400 to $269.98.
post #633 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Amazon has just lowered the price of the Samsung BD-P1400 to $269.98.

And I just requested another price correction

Rem facias, rem
si possis, recte, si non, quocumque modo, rem.
post #634 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch View Post

Is the Costco deal on the Samsung an online deal only, or do they have them in the store as well?

I believe he wrote B&M... that's stores.

Rem facias, rem
post #635 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also you can get 3 more free movies (2 in-store + 5 rebate + 3 rebate) when you buy the Samsung player. ! movie is planet earth disk one but you get to pick the next two. Here is the direct link for the rebate http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...PDF/441400.PDF

I bought the player today at BestBuy to match my Samsung LNT-4071f.
post #636 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Also you can get 3 more free movies (2 in-store + 5 rebate + 3 rebate) when you buy the Samsung player. 1 movie is planet earth disk one but you get to pick the next two. Here is the direct link for the rebate http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...PDF/441400.PDF

I bought the player today at BestBuy to match my Samsung LNT-4071f.
post #637 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

I just went format neutral when my local base exchange had the sharp BDHP20U for 299 w/no sales tax. At that price I couldn't resist leaving my trench and taking shelter in no-man's-land!
Those who have access to a military exchange should see if your store carries them.

The Kadena Air Base BX in Okinawa had the Sony S300 for $299 when I was there a few days ago.
post #638 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtheater View Post

I know we are all talking current deals here, but is there any indication that deals and prices will disappear after the holidays? In other words are they dropping for the holidays or more about a format war? I am ready to go Blu, but I am also moving and leaving the HT setup with the house. I won't be able to take advantage of anything HD for a couple months and don't want to sink anything into technology based items. By the time I am ready could I expect the deals to be the same or disappear?

One more thing, most of the deals seem to focus around free movies to go with the player. These deals are what keeps me from jumping in. I would rather see players drop significantly in price than get a bunch of movies I may only watch once.

I see blu-ray prices for the lower playwers dropping to and stabilizing around $250 before new models come in at prices slightly above that. At least in the next three months.

"Any reviewer that didn't rail against this [Young Guns Blu-ray encode] should be sued, and Lionsgate should be ashamed of themselves. " - msgohan
post #639 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccusboy View Post

I see blu-ray prices for the lower playwers dropping to and stabilizing around $250 before new models come in at prices slightly above that. At least in the next three months.

Agree. Cheap profile 1.0 players will get Blu-ray down to HD-DVD pricing while 1.1 and 2.0 profile players will command a premium. Whether people make a fuss about the lack of 1.1 support in cheap BD players will be up to consumers to determine.
post #640 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

I just went format neutral when my local base exchange had the sharp BDHP20U for 299 w/no sales tax. At that price I couldn't resist leaving my trench and taking shelter in no-man's-land!

I'm confused. How does the BDHP20U make you "format neutral"?

I thought being neutral would mean getting a dual-format player --- or perhaps deciding not to get either ever! (That would make you neutral, for sure!)

Just to be sure I was in some semblance of my right mind, I d/l the BDHP20U user manual and read it. That is clearly a BD and SD player and not at all HD-DVD. Maybe I just don't understand what "format neutral" means. I guess you mean that you aren't in line anymore.
post #641 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac84 View Post

I'm confused. How does the BDHP20U make you "format neutral"?

I thought being neutral would mean getting a dual-format player --- or perhaps deciding not to get either ever! (That would make you neutral, for sure!)

Just to be sure I was in some semblance of my right mind, I d/l the BDHP20U user manual and read it. That is clearly a BD and SD player and not at all HD-DVD. Maybe I just don't understand what "format neutral" means. I guess you mean that you aren't in line anymore.

I supposed he meant this was his second HD format player purchase after an earlier HD-DVD buy.

TerryB
post #642 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

a lot of us have either bought a player from the other side or jumped in with both feet and bought both since the prices are now so low.

that is what i did. i bought the hd-a2 during the $99 sale, and then a week or 2 later bought the sony 301 for $269.

that makes me format neutral.

then all you need is a remote control hdmi switch or an a/v receiver that supports hdmi switching, universal remote and you will be control of your own destiny. at that point you won't care who win the format war and you can enjoy films from either camp.

rather be lucky than good.
post #643 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 09:50 AM

But by doing this you are prolong the one format for all. I for one will stay true blu, since Warner will be going all blu-ray come 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocko View Post

a lot of us have either bought a player from the other side or jumped in with both feet and bought both since the prices are now so low.

that is what i did. i bought the hd-a2 during the $99 sale, and then a week or 2 later bought the sony 301 for $269.

that makes me format neutral.

then all you need is a remote control hdmi switch or an a/v receiver that supports hdmi switching, universal remote and you will be control of your own destiny. at that point you won't care who win the format war and you can enjoy films from either camp.

post #644 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro View Post

But by doing this you are prolong the one format for all. I for one will stay true blu, since Warner will be going all blu-ray come 2008.

Here we go again. There's no proof whatsoever that they are going BR exclusive. So this is an opinion, nothing more.
post #645 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

this is off topic, but i think sony movie studio has enough of a catalog that they can continue making blu-ray movies by themselves. if they get enough ps3s out there, even a poor attach rate won't matter. they will have a profitable niche for releasing movies. just my opinion.

rather be lucky than good.
post #646 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocko View Post

this is off topic, but i think sony movie studio has enough of a catalog that they can continue making blu-ray movies by themselves. if they get enough ps3s out there, even a poor attach rate won't matter. they will have a profitable niche for releasing movies. just my opinion.

That hasn't worked so well for them in the past with UMD and their support for the CD-i.

PSP's are everywhere, but nobody buys the UMD movies.
And for the inverse, Sony's movie support doesn't drive sales, either, as was seen with the CD-i.
post #647 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 11:39 AM

Has anyone successfully received a PS3 using the sonystyle.com $100 off offer? Also, how long does it take to get the credit card in the mail? Thanks.
post #648 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briking View Post

Has anyone successfully received a PS3 using the sonystyle.com $100 off offer? Also, how long does it take to get the credit card in the mail? Thanks.

Not me. I had a fraud alert placed on my account about 5 weeks ago (the organization that holds my medical licensure accidently leaked out my SS# for a small amount of time). So, I was unable to get "instant" credit. So, they mailed me out a form requesting a photocopy of a household bill, and my social security number, and low and behold, when I call to check on the status, I was DECLINED.

Why, and how, I have no idea, considering I have $30K worth of credit on one of my cards, and $10K worth of credit on the other, a credit score in the mid 700's, and a household income > $100K a year. Go figure. They wouldnt tell me over the phone why I was declined, so I am eagerly awaiting the letter in the mail informing me why.
post #649 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post

Not me. I had a fraud alert placed on my account about 5 weeks ago (the organization that holds my medical licensure accidently leaked out my SS# for a small amount of time). So, I was unable to get "instant" credit. So, they mailed me out a form requesting a photocopy of a household bill, and my social security number, and low and behold, when I call to check on the status, I was DECLINED.

Why, and how, I have no idea, considering I have $30K worth of credit on one of my cards, and $10K worth of credit on the other, a credit score in the mid 700's, and a household income > $100K a year. Go figure. They wouldnt tell me over the phone why I was declined, so I am eagerly awaiting the letter in the mail informing me why.

Sometimes having too much outstanding credit can work against you. Who the hell knows what specifically they are looking at. It's best not to have too much credit or too little, a long established history, no recent closed or opened accounts, very few credit inquiries, etc.
post #650 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Samsung 1400 $245.00 Amazon
post #651 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Yes its my opinion for now, but come in about three weeks it will become a fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGuyOR View Post

Here we go again. There's no proof whatsoever that they are going BR exclusive. So this is an opinion, nothing more.

post #652 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

I believe he wrote B&M... that's stores.

Re Costco...price is AFTER $100 rebate....you pay tax on the pre rebate total.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #653 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

Samsung 1400 $245.00 Amazon

I just checked and there's only 1 left in stock and the seller is Electronics Expo Storefront, not Amazon, which is still @ 269.98 + free ship.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #654 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quote:

Those b@st@rds! I just paid $449.99-$70 rebate+$37.12 CATax=$417.11!!! With that new price, I'd be out the door at $311.34 taxed... Back it goes... too bad they don't price-match refund at Costco, I hate standing in that return line... oh, wait a minute!. I got one from Amazon for $274 delivered!!! Now I have to decide if a lifetime warranty is worth $37.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster View Post

Re Costco...price is AFTER $100 rebate....you pay tax on the pre rebate total.

yep, as always. We here in the SF Bay Area pay 8.25% CA sales tax so our schools are well taken care of... no, that can't be it judging from our test scores, and the complaints of parents...hmmm no, it's actually so our state politicians can continue to be the highest paid in the country... kind of like how we pay the highest gas prices in the country mainly due to our state taxes (applied to the per gallon price) to keep our roads the best... ooops! my car just dropped into another BIG pothole!

Anyway, it's still a good deal either at Costco cuz of the lifetime warranty, or at Amazon cuz it's $35 less than at Costco...

Rem facias, rem
post #655 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post

This exact same **** happened to me at Sams club last year. I myself, placed a fraud alert on my credit because I was told that some one had tried to access my personal information and phishing around trying to do things they shouldnt have been doing. It made me nervous and I was advised to put a fraud alert on my credit. So thats exactly what I did. I decided to buy a television and a Blu ray player at Sams so I applied for a Sams Club Credit Card. Never had any problems and I have a great credit score and I was still denied. I ended up just saying F it and bought them both with cash out right. I was pissed.

If you have nausea, heartburn, indegestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. get pepto max!
post #656 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 03:36 PM

Where is the best place to get a 40G PS3 now? I noticed a few posts referencing that they recently purchased one at BB and received 2 free BD discs in store, in addition to the 5 BD mail in offer. Are there any retailers that are still offering this type of promotion? Thanks!
post #657 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 04:07 PM

Does anyone know if the Costco in Gaithersburg, MD carries the Samsung BD-P1400 model and if so, is it going for just $279? I've tried calling this Costco store but know one can seem to help me as they don't have a person to answer questions for the electronics department. Also, I would assume that the Costco rebate is instant and would be reflected at the register.
post #658 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked2855 View Post

Does anyone know if the Costco in Gaithersburg, MD carries the Samsung BD-P1400 model and if so, is it going for just $279? I've tried calling this Costco store but know one can seem to help me as they don't have a person to answer questions for the electronics department. Also, I would assume that the Costco rebate is instant and would be reflected at the register.

Very unusual response from a Costco person Call them back and be sure they are aware that you know they can look in their computer screen (you know, the one in front of them so they don't have to get up and actually exercise) and see their inventory, and tell you the price. They should also be able to tell you that there's a $100 rebate, so their price should be like $379.99. There are no "departments" at Costco... the entire store is inventoried via the central computer, with access in the front of the store, and in the office.

and BTW: I love the crabs at... shoot, drawing a blank but it's one of those big places with the brown paper on top of picnic tables and they dump the crabs right on top.... YUM!!!!

Rem facias, rem
post #659 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

yep, as always. We here in the SF Bay Area pay 8.25% CA sales tax so our schools are well taken care of... no, that can't be it judging from our test scores, and the complaints of parents...hmmm no, it's actually so our state politicians can continue to be the highest paid in the country... kind of like how we pay the highest gas prices in the country mainly due to our state taxes (applied to the per gallon price) to keep our roads the best... ooops! my car just dropped into another BIG pothole!

Anyway, it's still a good deal either at Costco cuz of the lifetime warranty, or at Amazon cuz it's $35 less than at Costco...

I wouldn't be complaining, I pay 8.25% in Arkansas and our politicians are near the lowest paid in the country. Heck several of the mayor positions in large cities are only part time jobs... Our schools rank near the bottom in the country for scores and graduation rates. I have no idea what they spend it on

Edit: Actually I think I do know what it is spent on... One former Arkansan was presidnet recently and 2 other Arkansans(one former) is running this time around. I think a 3rd (Clark) ran for president last time around. If they get paid so little and came from such poor backgrounds how do they afford to run for President...

XBL/PSN: wirechild
post #660 of 13490 Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch View Post

Is the Costco deal on the Samsung an online deal only, or do they have them in the store as well?

Apparently both have the Samsung 1400 at $279 (with free shipping online) plus (and that's where I'm not sure) either at least 5 (via the regular deal) or even 8 (via regular deal + costco deal) free movies.

Say what you want, but this is one great deal!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page