Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasr View Post

About the walmart deal, I have a friend whose wife is the manager of the electronics department in my area. She told me that the 80gb ps3 for saturdays deal has a special upc code and they are not being put out until that day.

I don't know about a special upc code but Walmart's practice for this type of sale is to have the stuff in the "back room" marked "reserved for such and such sale - put on floor morning of such and such date". And they probably have them on pallets shrink wrapped with black wrapping. They would have both the extra supplies of Blu-ray discs and PS3s prepared in such a way. This is based upon prior experience and observation by a very observant customer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

They also have the Samsung BD-1400 for $380 including a free HDMI cable & 8 free DVDs (all by mail).

I haven't seen this deal at any of the Costco's by me. The 8 free movies is a good deal.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayy5 View Post

I have to be honest with you guys. I have searched every freaking link on here, I have viewed all 3 adds numerous time, cliked the little tab that says electronics, and I am coming up with nothing. I dont see the PS3 + 10 BD discs anywhere. Can someone help me out and give me a little nudge in the right direction. Thanks

WM is showing a different item currently. I guess each day they show a different one of the 5 items? I don't think the deal is pulled - just giving you a glimpse of what else will be on sale, too. Right now it has the Robotic Dragonfly instead of the PS3 w/ 10 free BRDs.

!!Jonason!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch View Post

I haven't seen this deal at any of the Costco's by me. The 8 free movies is a good deal.

This was in the Plano, TX Costco. There is a mail in coupon for 3 free (one of the 3 is disk one of Planet earth) & a sign next to the rebate coupon saying there is another 5 movie mail in coupon BUT I didn't see the coupon for the other 5. I assumed it was in the box or you had to go to Samsung's website.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 PM

Ok, I had first read it on this site about this PS3 deal I hope after you all read this then you see its true!

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9707
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkeeton View Post

WM is showing a different item currently. I guess each day they show a different one of the 5 items? I don't think the deal is pulled - just giving you a glimpse of what else will be on sale, too. Right now it has the Robotic Dragonfly instead of the PS3 w/ 10 free BRDs.

ya, thats what i seen!! that freaking dragonfly!!

If you have nausea, heartburn, indegestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. get pepto max!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoop44 View Post

^
^
^
Is it for $399 or $499? I saw the ad and it was $499 which is lame since basically they are just throwing in a $100 gift card on top of the regular price. If it is $399 plus the $100 gift card that is a nice deal.

To me it looks like the $100 off is the giftcard. I don't think it is a compounded deal. That would be a sweet deal if it were though!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro View Post

Ok, I had first read it on this site about this PS3 deal I hope after you all read this then you see its true!

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9707

yep, just checked it out. its legit!!

If you have nausea, heartburn, indegestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. get pepto max!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayy5 View Post

I have to be honest with you guys. I have searched every freaking link on here, I have viewed all 3 adds numerous time, cliked the little tab that says electronics, and I am coming up with nothing. I dont see the PS3 + 10 BD discs anywhere. Can someone help me out and give me a little nudge in the right direction. Thanks

It was there at 3pm today when I looked last. As previous posters stated, you click on the link then go to "Preview Sat. specials" and it would show the PS3 with 10 free disks.

When you look now it shows a "Robotic Dragonfly" instead. I guess this "secret sale" has been all over the net now and WM decided to stop advertising it or bailed on the whole idea. That would suck but I can't blame them, if you read some of the other forums you'll see how many people where just trying to scam them........it's a shame, as always, just a few weasels can ruin things for everybody.

80gig PS3-->HMDI-->1080p Vizio VU42L (with a reasonable calibration for now) @ 7 feet.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 PM

Maybe go down to WM before the supposed big sale day and scope out your fav 10 BR movies at your leisure...stash them someplace in the store like inside some furniture cabinet drawer, in effect reserving them in advance and just grab 'em and head for the register with your new unit Otherwise get stuck with the leftovers. If this deal is real, you'll have to pick 10 flicks on-the-spot, right? That may be a bit challenging if the selection is rapidly dwindling.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaze View Post

Maybe go down to WM before the supposed big sale day and scope out your fav 10 BR movies at your leisure...stash them someplace in the store like inside some furniture cabinet drawer, in effect reserving them in advance and just grab 'em and head for the register with your new unit Otherwise get stuck with the leftovers. If this deal is real, you'll have to pick 10 flicks on-the-spot, right? That may be a bit challenging if the selection is rapidly dwindling.

HAHAHA, you are vedy vedy sneaky!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:44 PM

So if you happen to look in a drawer or something at Wally over the next couple days and see 10 BR movies inside, leave them be, they might me mine. Thanks
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:

So if you happen to look in a drawer or something at Wally over the next couple days and see 10 BR movies inside, leave them be, they might me mine. Thanks

Just dont pick good ones, cause I might take them!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 PM

The Wal-Mart website doesn't show the PS3 deal with the movies anymore. Is this just the way they display each secret sale item - one at a time?

It would really stink to be teased like that and have the rug pulled out from under you...

Dave
Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J View Post

The Wal-Mart website doesn't show the PS3 deal with the movies anymore. Is this just the way they display each secret sale item - one at a time?

It would really stink to be teased like that and have the rug pulled out from under you...

Dave

I had the rug pulled out from under me once. When I got up, I was like damn, that hurt. That really freaking hurt.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascen5sion View Post

To me it looks like the $100 off is the giftcard. I don't think it is a compounded deal. That would be a sweet deal if it were though!!!

The way I'm reading it leads me to believe it is $399 and you also get the $100 gift card. See the following from the email:

"Celebrate the Holidays in High Def

Get four great deals when you buy the Sony
BDP-S300* Blu-ray Disc player:

* $100 price drop now just $399.99
* Free Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray Disc
* Choose five Blu-ray Discs free by mail
* Plus, when you make your purchase Thursday online or Friday and Saturday in store, get a free $100 Best Buy gift card"

This works out nicely for me b/c I'm sure to spend at least $100 at BB for gifts. My question: I know the s300 has received its fair share of negative reviews...is it worth $299?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 PM

I know the s300 has received its fair share of negative reviews...is it worth $299?[/quote]

Does the S300 even play full HD??

Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 PM

I just got home holding the new baby PS3 with remote control, (buy 2 BD and get one free (3 BD cost me $50+tax, may go back tomorrow and get more at this good deal) and The president SD to see how good the PS3 upconvert it). I got it from CC @ $499, I have CC card and good 3 months no interest and should get $25 in gift card). Ordered HDMI from monoprice and Avia II to calibrate my 40V3000.

So no more planning to go out on BF or Saturday speacillay no one has deal on it except the rumor of WM which the nearest one is 20 miles away an dnothing is granted.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for giving me idea on where to look for good Blu-Ray movies that day.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:12 AM

I was able to pick up the Sony 301 at BJs for $279.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMManager View Post

The PS3 deal on Saturday is for 10 movies in the store. There are very specific instructions we have to follow when getting the customers the free titles (the company is getting some kind of credit and to ensure the proper credit all 10 titles have to be purchased in the same transacition, immediately after the PS3, and they are price overidden to $0.00. Stores are getting additional quantities of titles for this promotion. Our store has received a half pallet shipper of Blue Ray movies and we currently have 14
PS3's on hand.

We should have at least 29 titles on-hand because a pricing file has just dropped for black friday on blue ray movies (I personally believe it will be one of the secret items for friday although I cannot verify this). The following Blue Ray titles will all be $14.96 on black friday (the reason I believe it will be one of the secret items is because this is the same price our HD-DVD titles were on the pre-black friday sale earlier this month).

Blue Ray Titles for $14.96 at Wal-Mart on Black Friday:
Stargate
Night at the Museum
X-Men 3
Fifth Element
Final Fan Spirit
Flyboys
Rocky
Alexander Rev
House Daggers
Knights Tale
XXX
Swat
Stealth
Tears of the Sun
Patriot
Blood Diamond
Underworld
Crannk
Layer Cake
Windtalkers
Reservoir Dogs
Last Samurai
Swordfish
Unforgiven
Resident Evil 2
Terminator
Big Hit
T2
Black Hawk Down

One other piece of pure speculation on my part is that one of the secret items on black friday will be a Blue Ray Disc Player (Sony BDP-S300). I feel pretty strongly that these BD movies will be one of the secret items based on the price point and the pre-black friday sales on HD-DVD's at the exact same price point. That previous sale included both the HD-DVD titles and an HD-DVD player. In the past 5 weeks our store has sold one BDP-S300, we have just received 4 of these players and have 12 more showing on the way. For an item that we have have had one unit sold in 5 weeks, to have 16 in the store with no advertising or sales events does not make sense. Knowing that we will be having the BD titles on sale BF, having all of the BD players on-hand, it makes sense to me that they would be the secret items, but it is all speculation at this point. Maybe we will know more tomorrow.

So what time does this go into effect??? Thurs night at midnight???
Old 11-21-2007, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en0x View Post

at bjs they are giving: Sony Playstation 3 40GB or 80GB Console - $100 Off

$100 off what?

My dual Rythmik Servo sub project (actually quad now, need to update page)
HDM format neutral thanks to the pricing wars of the '07 xmas shopping season :)
Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascen5sion View Post

So what time does this go into effect??? Thurs night at midnight???

The website and other sources say the sale starts Saturday at 8am.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASrules View Post

The website and other sources say the sale starts Saturday at 8am.

Thank you!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodfoison View Post

The way I'm reading it leads me to believe it is $399 and you also get the $100 gift card. See the following from the email:

"Celebrate the Holidays in High Def

Get four great deals when you buy the Sony
BDP-S300* Blu-ray Disc player:

* $100 price drop now just $399.99
* Free Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray Disc
* Choose five Blu-ray Discs free by mail
* Plus, when you make your purchase Thursday online or Friday and Saturday in store, get a free $100 Best Buy gift card"

This works out nicely for me b/c I'm sure to spend at least $100 at BB for gifts. My question: I know the s300 has received its fair share of negative reviews...is it worth $299?

Hmm, guess I will have to read it through again. I just bought a BDP 1400 last week for $399.00. So this looks like a better deal. But I also bought a 5271F samsung so it works nicely when paired together, so I don't know if I would switch to the sony player.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Does the S300 load faster than the BDP1400, cause IMO the 1400 is extremely slow. And for the first time last night I had video and audio drop out on me. It played for 1 min 30 secs at the beginning of the movie. I was just sitting there thinking it was a dark start to the movie. It was 28 weeks later and I was just tensing up waiting for something to jump out. After that min or so I finally said hmm this isn't right and rebooted the player.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I was able to pick up the Sony 301 at BJs for $279.

That's a good deal for that player, congrats.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I wish I would have seen the BJs deal sooner. They are all gone in my area.

It was 379 and a $100 instant rebate at the register.

Man o man o man. I'll be kicking myself a long time for that one.

Rebate expire 11/25 so hurry if anyone manages to find one. You know there is probably a store in the middle of no where with a stack of these just sitting there. The lady told me that they are having a hard time getting new stock so maybe Sony is getting ready to drop a new low end model.

rather be lucky than good.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FAST951 View Post

It was there at 3pm today when I looked last. As previous posters stated, you click on the link then go to "Preview Sat. specials" and it would show the PS3 with 10 free disks.

When you look now it shows a "Robotic Dragonfly" instead. I guess this "secret sale" has been all over the net now and WM decided to stop advertising it or bailed on the whole idea. That would suck but I can't blame them, if you read some of the other forums you'll see how many people where just trying to scam them........it's a shame, as always, just a few weasels can ruin things for everybody.

It's back ...

http://holiday.ri-walmart.com/?section=secret
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch View Post

It's not at every COSTCO. Each store orders stock based upon their customer-purchase base. I checked at my local who didn't stock the 1400, they looked it up on the computer, found it at the store just 8-miles down the road (and other stores that were way far away!!!), and sure enough, they had them. They also have the 301 deal, and the D3 deal, and the ST-TOS w/Phaser Remote deal.

Rem facias, rem
si possis, recte, si non, quocumque modo, rem.