post #1 of 13 Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
U73 is an error code that shows on the screen with the following conditions:

1. my projector is off
2. I'm try to play a CD

The DMP-BD30 is connected through a Integra DTC9.8 via HDMI and will not play any media CD,DVD with out the projector being on. Has anybody else had this issue. If the projector is on it will play fine and if I turn the projector off then it keeps on playing just fine...very frustrating. Will call panny in the morning but don't have my hopes up to talking to any one that will have any idea what is wrong. Please help if you can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

I updated to V1.2 and I still have the problem, I will probably return the unit.... Can someone please test their setup and see if you get the same result..

Please reply if you have any new Onkyo/integra Receiver or Pre/pro. I need to see if you can try to play a CD through HDMI with the receiver as the HDMI switch. Please have your TV /projector off and see if you ge the U73 error
post #3 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

You have answered your own question. The Blu has to establish the HDMI handshake to play the media. Once that handshake is done you can turn off the display. To confirm, hook the HDMI directly to the display and try on and off. You will find that the display must be on for the player to start play. My panny 10 is the same.

Jerry the HT Nut
post #4 of 13 Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Ok thanks.... much appreciated!!!!
post #5 of 13 Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 PM

I get this blasted error too. I have a BD30 running 1.3 firmware, connected through a brand-new Denon AVR-4308CI to a JVC DLA-RS1 projector. Most of the time this setup works fine. However, tonight the BD30 went into U73 error mode again.

The first time it happened I was watching the BD30, then switched the AVR over to my cable PVR (A Motorola DCT6412), then loaded a different disc into the BD30, then switched the AVR back to the BD30. I got the U73 error. I tried resetting individual pieces (BD30, AVR, Cable box, and proj) individually to no avail. I then powered down everything, and when I powered back up it worked okay. I thought it was an isolated incident.

Then tonight I turned on my system again and loaded a standard-def disc into the BD30, and again I got the U73 error. Now this time, I reset the whole system again, but the problem persisted. Then I reset everything again and it still persisted. I gave up and went away severely frustrated.

I just paid big bucks for the Denon so I could get HDMI switching and advanced audio format decoding. The latter works great, BTW. However I have to wonder if the Denon is causing the U73 problems now. I ran the BD30 right to the projector for a couple weeks prior and never had a problem. This HDMI stuff is really a poorly engineered pain in the arse, if you ask me.

Any thoughts out there?
post #6 of 13 Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm having the same problem. I'm running HDMI through a Radiient HDMI switcher and then into my Sony XBR1. I turn on the Radiient first and make sure it's set on the BD30 input. Next I switch to the correct video input on the XBR1, then turn on the BD30. It seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it syncs up on the first try and sometimes I have to power down the BD30 once or twice before I can get things to work correctly. Maybe a firmware update can solve this glitch.

Sometimes I think my brain has a mind of its own.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-08-2008, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson77 View Post

1. my projector is off
2. I'm try to play a CD

The DMP-BD30 is connected through a Integra DTC9.8 via HDMI and will not play any media CD,DVD with out the projector being on. Has anybody else had this issue. If the projector is on it will play fine and if I turn the projector off then it keeps on playing just fine...very frustrating. Will call panny in the morning but don't have my hopes up to talking to any one that will have any idea what is wrong. Please help if you can

I don't use the BD30 to play CDs...but it seems the HDMI handshaking is required. Try connecting it via optical as well. Integra should be able to detect the HDMI is off and switch to optical (however it may not work since both are considered digital connections, so you will have to manually switch the connection using the remote - that is - to play a CD select optical).
post #8 of 13 Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

I now have this problem with blu-rays on my 9.8. If i turn on the system and start a blu, U73. If I then run HDMI directly to the proj, it will work. Then run it back through the Integra and it will work from then on. I can get it to work, but I don't like jumping through these hoops just to watch a blu-ray.

-K

ISF Calibrator
Audyssey Pro Installer

Go Big Red!!!

I'm probably outside, cooking barbecue...

post #9 of 13 Old 06-03-2008, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I finally figured out a solution for my situation. I need to turn on my Radiient HDMI switcher and switch it to the input that my BD30 is connected to, then turn on the BD30, then switch my R60XBR1 to the correct input. So far it's worked everytime. No more U73 error.

Sometimes I think my brain has a mind of its own.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-04-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson77 View Post

1. my projector is off
2. I'm try to play a CD

This is a known issue with the Integra's/Onkyo's and should be fixed with new firmware "soon". You can usually "fix" this problem by turning HDMI output off on the Integra when you want to listen to CDs or whatever without video (or of course you could parallel an optical connection from the BD30 for use when doing audio only)...it's a PITA but it usually works.
post #11 of 13 Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 AM

Hi, i have a Epson powerlite 1080 UB an i always play it with my sony dvd player and all was amazing the sound and the picture, i play it with a 10 meters long hdmi wire, the problems is that i have just bought an panasonic dmp-bd 30 and when i connect it to epson powerlite it can´t display the image, nothing appears on the screen only sometimes some bad image but nothing more.
I have a playstation 3 and when i try to see my blue ray cars film it can´t display it and when i put my pro evolution soccer i can play it in the proyecotr without problems.

I think that the problem can be the wire but i don´t know really wht is the real problem.
Or can be the problem the firmware version?

Someone can help me?
post #12 of 13 Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurones View Post

Hi, i have a Epson powerlite 1080 UB an i always play it with my sony dvd player and all was amazing the sound and the picture, i play it with a 10 meters long hdmi wire, the problems is that i have just bought an panasonic dmp-bd 30 and when i connect it to epson powerlite it can´t display the image, nothing appears on the screen only sometimes some bad image but nothing more.
I have a playstation 3 and when i try to see my blue ray cars film it can´t display it and when i put my pro evolution soccer i can play it in the proyecotr without problems.

I think that the problem can be the wire but i don´t know really wht is the real problem.
Or can be the problem the firmware version?

Someone can help me?

Try turning on the projector first, the receiver second and the BD30 last and see if that works.
post #13 of 13 Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 AM

U 73 error on my Panny DMP-BD35 connected to my Panny TX-37lzd85.
I found it hard to believe that this perfect match would give me
an u73 error. It really did. I called Panny support and they said i had to
bring in the player, that u73 error ment that there was something very wrong.

Before returning the brand new player I bought a slighty more expansive HDMI cable (double coated). Plugged it in and all the problems where solved!!

No more errors, full 1080p image, what a sight!

Faulty cable was my problem.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page