OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. - Page 301 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post

Hey all,

It looks like I need an Oppo player to do the vertical stretch for CIH - when I went from 480p to 720p, the stretch option disappeared on my projector.

I just got a Panasonic BD655 and like it, except I can't use my anamorphic lens and so it has to go back (thankfully Costco). So, now I'm looking at the two Oppo players.

I realize the 83 is the superior unit, but the 80 does do subtitle shift and 1.33x scaling, and it's $200 cheaper. So my question is not if the 83 is worth the extra, but if the 80's processors will beat the Panasonic's?

Get the 83. The 80 does not, apparently, do the subtitle shift with Java titles (more and more are Java enabled). The 83 does. It may have to do with a more robust processing chip.

Too many scope Blu-ray titles with subtitles need this shifting option for CIH screens as they fall into the lower black border. All players should have this feature, along with subtitle sizing and color options.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17,717
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Get the 83. The 80 does not, apparently, do the subtitle shift with Java titles (more and more are Java enabled). The 83 does. It may have to do with a more robust processing chip.

Too many scope Blu-ray titles with subtitles need this shifting option for CIH screens as they fall into the lower black border. All players should have this feature, along with subtitle sizing and color options.

No, that's not right. Both the -80 and -83 do subtitle shift on all BR, both with and without java. The -80 does not zoom BR discs with java, and vertical stretch is one of the zoom modes.

For that reason a CIH user should prefer the -83. The zoom quality is better, too.

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
Old 05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Newbie
 
bak151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking about getting the DMP-BD65 (Amazon $157). For this price range, can someone think of a better player for blu ray picture and sound quality, dvd upscaling, and blu ray load time? Are their any other cheaper players that are the same quality?

The internet and wireless related features don't really matter. I just want to make sure the player isn't going to have problems with inferior video/audio and have problems playing certain blu ray discs.
bak151515 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

No, that's not right. Both the -80 and -83 do subtitle shift on all BR, both with and without java. The -80 does not zoom BR discs with java, and vertical stretch is one of the zoom modes.

For that reason a CIH user should prefer the -83. The zoom quality is better, too.

-Bill

Bill,

I stand corrected. But it still looks like the 83 is the one to go with.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Gig103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Bill,

I stand corrected. But it still looks like the 83 is the one to go with.

Sounds like it, definitely need to keep that in mind. Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak151515 View Post

I'm thinking about getting the DMP-BD65 (Amazon $157). For this price range, can someone think of a better player for blu ray picture and sound quality, dvd upscaling, and blu ray load time? Are their any other cheaper players that are the same quality?

The internet and wireless related features don't really matter. I just want to make sure the player isn't going to have problems with inferior video/audio and have problems playing certain blu ray discs.

This is the player I may have to return, but I do think it works great as advertised except that I need the zoom capability.
Gig103 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jacob305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I had the panasonic 65 for a brief time. it was good about a few things. however I now have the oppo 83 and its a much better player.

Jacob
Jacob305 is online now  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Member
 
idlebrain1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking at LG BD570 and Samsung 6500 blu-ray players. I need built in wi-fi and DLNA certified players and can play max variety of formats. thanks for any suggestions.
idlebrain1 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Member
 
Sycraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I think it's time to get a blu-ray player. I have a new TV and my analogue DVD player is not acceptable. Initially I won't be using it for blu-rays since the prices are still too high, just upsampled DVDs and Netflix but eventually I'll get blu-ray discs too. I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount of cash, as much as $500, if there's a reason but I'd really prefer $200 or less.

Requirements:

--Good upsampling of DVDs
--Netflix support
--Wired Internet access
--Good reliability
--HDMI-CEC support

Audio output quality is not an issue, all audio will be HDMI to a receiver. Wireless internet is also not an issue, it will be using a wired connection. I suppose CEC support isn't mandatory, but I'd really like it as my TV and receiver support it.
Sycraft is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Member
 
thisismyname123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What to do???

About to finally upgrade to Bluray....a little late to the party.

I currently have a Sony Mega 300 CD changer and a 5 disc carousel DVD changer. I like the concept of mass storage so to make listening or watching different titles much easier.

I can't seem to find any Bluray changers other than the Sony CX960 400 changer. So I was thinking either get that and get rid of 2 components in my system, or I was looking at the Sony S570 Bluray and keeping my current CD changer just for music.

I typically don't buy Sony products but it seems for Bluray they have pretty decent products.

Any thoughts or comments??

Thanks
thisismyname123 is offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Newbie
 
Lynch25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently upgraded to the LG BD550 Blu-ray player in March. I was considering the LG or the Samsung. A rep at best buy said that most of the players use LG components or tech. I dont know if that is true or not but the price was good for an entry level player, $179, plus it had 1080p upscaling for DVDs that the other players didnt advertise. I like the Netflix option, my kids use that quite a bit. The down side, and I dont know if this is the case with all players, but aside from the standard config options, 480p-1080p, digitial audio, etc. there are not a lot of other config options on the player. One other down side is the lack on storage on the player itself. If you want to look at any BD live material on a disc you need to have a USB drive hooked up and you have to pull down the front pannel. I hope this helps.
Lynch25 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Senior Member
 
FSUguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I just needed some advice on which one of these players I should use for my primary blu ray player, the other of which I will probably sell. I picked up both the Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD or Pioneer BDP-320 for really good prices. Currently I have been using the 05FD with my Panasonic 50V10 calibrated and really enjoy it. Its a little slow, but that gives me time to make a beverage and get things ready for the movie.

I'm not to concerned about loading speed, Ethernet compatibility, or other bells and whistles, I just wanted some opinions on pure video and audio (mainly video) quality comparisons. I have read somewhere that the 320 has a better processor or something, but I am not sure.

Here are links to the specs:

BDP-05FD: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU....BDP-05FD.Kuro

BDP-320: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...i.BDP-320.Kuro

Just on a side note, I am going to be running it into either a Yamaha RX-V1800 or a Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver until I upgrade to some Emotiva gear. The speakers are Definitive Technology's top of the line setup.

Any help would be great!

Thanks
FSUguy is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 4,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Hey guys im thinking about picking up a Pio Bdp-320 or Oppo Bdp-80 and trying decide which one would work the best with my Pio 6020 Kuro . I can pick up a Bdp-320 for 149 and Bdp-80 for about 250 . So is the price difference worth it . My first concern would be PQ second would be speed. Thanks in advance !
TheFactor is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The Oppo is much faster. Only you can decide if that's worth the extra $100.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
Old 05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Member
 
texas_nightowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I find myself in need of suggestions. I haven't paid attention to what's being offered in players at all since I myself have a PS3. But, I want to pick up a BR player for my parents. Nothing fancy needed. Wifi not necessary. It needs to play blu rays. A wired connection is not even necessary but probably a good thing to go ahead and have. Streaming ability not even necessarily required and if it does stream, Netflix is the only one needed. It'll connect via HDMI to their receiver. Decent upconverting needed...they don't have a large collection of DVD's but they do Netflix quite a bit.

So a good basic player that the firmware can be updated on when necessary.
texas_nightowl is offline  
Old 05-09-2010, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 4,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

The Oppo is much faster. Only you can decide if that's worth the extra $100.

Thanks I ended up going with the Pio BDP320 for 149 shipped thats a lot of bang for the buck and its a pretty strong performer and can run with some of the best when strictly playing a BD is concerned so I couldnt resist .
TheFactor is offline  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Newbie
 
kvltboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, long time reader, first time poster.

I finally made the jump to HDTV in December (got a 42" Panasonic plasma), and have been thinking of getting into Blu-Ray since then. Had been kind of skeptical, so I figured I'd wait until my DVD player died before investing in a Blu-Ray player. Well, today the DVD player (Philips DVP-5990) seems pretty much done for, so I guess it's about time.

My main requirement in a player is region-free capability, since i have a number of Region 2 and 3 DVDs. I know that pretty much narrows down the list to either a Momitsu/Sherwood or an Oppo. Can't really justify the cost of the Oppo BDP-83, but the 80 does seem like a possibility. I have a Roku, so streaming is not a concern.

So my main concern is, would the Oppo BDP-80 be worth twice the cost of, say, the Sherwood BDP-5004? (not to mention the additional cost of the region-free mod for the Oppo) DVD upconversion quality is definitely a major factor for me as well, is the Oppo that much better on a 42" screen? Also, I know the Momitsu-based players have issues with the newest firmware disabling the region-free capability.

Would I be better off just getting another region-free DVD player for my non-Region 1 DVDs, and going for a good lower-end BD player?
kvltboy is offline  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 5,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post

Ok, I find myself in need of suggestions. I haven't paid attention to what's being offered in players at all since I myself have a PS3. But, I want to pick up a BR player for my parents. Nothing fancy needed. Wifi not necessary. It needs to play blu rays. A wired connection is not even necessary but probably a good thing to go ahead and have. Streaming ability not even necessarily required and if it does stream, Netflix is the only one needed. It'll connect via HDMI to their receiver. Decent upconverting needed...they don't have a large collection of DVD's but they do Netflix quite a bit.

So a good basic player that the firmware can be updated on when necessary.

Pan. BD65
Jim McC is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Member
 
texas_nightowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Pan. BD65

Thanks...will now shop around for prices.
texas_nightowl is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Member
 
nalgene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys

Been reading this post and seems as though the best BD player sub $300 for movies and CDs is the Oppo 80. Is this the case? Are there any comparables sub $200?

Current Set-up -
42" Panny 720p
Yamaha Rx-v1700 receiver
Sit ~7' away from the television

I use an Xbox for Netflix since I don't do much gaming anymore, therefore streaming isn't that important, but might be nice to have in 1 unit. My main concern is audio quality with CDs. Currently using a crappy Sony up-converting standard DVD player for all audio cds. Would love to upgrade.

Upscaling is not very important but speed would be nice, though not imperative. My current DVD player is slow and though I've gotten used to it, a bit annoying.

I'd love to hear a sub $300 and sub $200 option if you have them. Thanks
nalgene is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
s44
Advanced Member
 
s44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since for CD playback you will (or should, anyway) just use the player as a transport over HDMI, every single one will sound the same.

Given your setup (moderate-size 720p set), there's no point in spending more than the $150 of the Panasonic BD65.
s44 is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Northwest
Posts: 4,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalgene View Post

Hey guys

Been reading this post and seems as though the best BD player sub $300 for movies and CDs is the Oppo 80. Is this the case? Are there any comparables sub $200?

Current Set-up -
42" Panny 720p
Yamaha Rx-v1700 receiver
Sit ~7' away from the television

I use an Xbox for Netflix since I don't do much gaming anymore, therefore streaming isn't that important, but might be nice to have in 1 unit. My main concern is audio quality with CDs. Currently using a crappy Sony up-converting standard DVD player for all audio cds. Would love to upgrade.

Upscaling is not very important but speed would be nice, though not imperative. My current DVD player is slow and though I've gotten used to it, a bit annoying.

I'd love to hear a sub $300 and sub $200 option if you have them. Thanks

I just picked up a Pioneer Bdp320 for 149 shipped and there a great player with excellent reveiews except it wont have the quick loading times as the OPPO 80 it was almost 150 dollars cheaper and again received great reviews.
TheFactor is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rdclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philadelphia Vicinity
Posts: 4,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalgene View Post

Been reading this post and seems as though the best BD player sub $300 for movies and CDs is the Oppo 80. Is this the case? Are there any comparables sub $200?

As a BDP-80 owner, I find that its most compelling feature, the one that made the purchase a no-brainer even though I already had a PS3, is its ability to play hi-rez audio from SACD and DVD-A via HDMI.

It would have been hard to justify if I'd had no interest in those formats.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

 

rdclark is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Member
 
nalgene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

rdclark - I haven't got into SACD yet, though I've read quite a bit about it. We do play quite a bit of music, ~2hours a night and more on weekends. Is SACD that much better than your typical audio cd? I'm curious about your thoughts.

FYI I only have 2 channel audio right now and not going to upgrade for a while. Which of the Panny or Pioneer excels better regarding this such as:

1 - speed
2 - durrability/warranty
3 - audio quality
4 - ability to update firmware

basically your basic issues, not streaming media or anything fancy. Thanks again for all of your help.
nalgene is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Athlon646464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Uxbridge, MA
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello,

I'm about to take the Blu-Ray plunge...........

Here are my requirements (in no particular order):

1) Very good DVD up-scaling (large collection)
2) Netflix, Pandora
3) 3D compatible with my Mitsubishi WD-60737 DLP

I know that Mitsubishi will release their 3D adapter soon, and that it will work with DirecTV (which I have). I'm not so sure, however, about what I'll need to make it work for Blu-Ray, but I definitely will want 3D for movies.

Thank you!

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

Athlon646464 is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlon646464 View Post

Hello,

I'm about to take the Blu-Ray plunge...........

Here are my requirements (in no particular order):

1) Very good DVD up-scaling (large collection)
2) Netflix, Pandora
3) 3D compatible with my Mitsubishi WD-60737 DLP

I know that Mitsubishi will release their 3D adapter soon, and that it will work with DirecTV (which I have). I'm not so sure, however, about what I'll need to make it work for Blu-Ray, but I definitely will want 3D for movies.

Thank you!

The Panasonic DMP-BDT350

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalgene View Post

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

rdclark - I haven't got into SACD yet, though I've read quite a bit about it. We do play quite a bit of music, ~2hours a night and more on weekends. Is SACD that much better than your typical audio cd? I'm curious about your thoughts.

FYI I only have 2 channel audio right now and not going to upgrade for a while. Which of the Panny or Pioneer excels better regarding this such as:

1 - speed
2 - durability/warranty
3 - audio quality
4 - ability to update firmware

basically your basic issues, not streaming media or anything fancy. Thanks again for all of your help.

Get SA-CD capability. Depending on the recording quality and your playback system it can be phenomenal, especially with 5.1 content.

www.sa-cd.net is a good resource.

Though there are a few quirks getting ironed out, the Oppo 83 is, overall, the one most people are crowing about that'll will fit most of your requirements. Build quality... well... in today's consumer electronics you'd be spending over $1,000 for that privilege. Most of it has turned into a disposable commodity. In 1985 I got a top of the line Denon CD player for $500, and built like a tank, and it still works... gone are those days.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Athlon646464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Uxbridge, MA
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

The Panasonic DMP-BDT350

Thanks for your quick response!

Dave

Uxbridge, MA.

Athlon646464 is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlon646464 View Post

Thanks for your quick response!

No problemo.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
s44
Advanced Member
 
s44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalgene View Post

FYI I only have 2 channel audio right now and not going to upgrade for a while. Which of the Panny or Pioneer excels better regarding this such as:

1 - speed
2 - durrability/warranty
3 - audio quality
4 - ability to update firmware

basically your basic issues, not streaming media or anything fancy. Thanks again for all of your help.

1 - Panasonic, by a LOT
2 - both are well-built and have a year's warranty
3 - exactly the same over digital, unless you buy into the "jitter" snake oil
4 - both over internet

If you are sticking with 2-channel, SACD may not be worth it. But if you're interested, you don't have to spend a gazillion dollars on an Oppo -- the much cheaper Sony S370 will play SACD back fine.
s44 is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Newbie
 
Lynn Shaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am upgrading my entire home theater and I need advice on which BD player to get. I plan on purchasing the following items:

Samsung 58" Plasma
Pioneer VSX-1020-K receiver
5.1 surround sound

What I need the BD player to do:

very good DVD upscaling
play DVD+/-R disks
Netflix streaming would be nice, but if not I will purchase a Roku
Fast Load times
Play audio CD's

What I do not need:
SACD
DVD-Audio
game console (I already have an Xbox I rarely use)

Price in not much of a concern. I am considering the Oppo BDP-83 for the fast load times and quality DVD upscaling, but it may be more than what I need. A noisy fan (PS3) should not be a concern because I am placing all my components in a cherry component cabinet which is vented. I am just not sure if the PS3 has the best DVD upscaling.

Thanks
Lynn Shaver is offline  
 

Tags
Blu Ray Players , blu-ray dvd hardware player mp4 usb playback , blu-ray players , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Pioneer Pdp 5080 Hd , Plasma Hdtv , quality , S390 , samsung bd f7500 , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , sony bdp-s6200 , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , Toshiba , video quality
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off