Hi, I'm searching for new BD player in order to replace my old low-end philips DVD player (connected via SCART dongle to my LG TV which causes random color loss). Price should be about $150.
standard hi-fi component width (43,5 cm ~ that should be about 17"), because the player sits on top of my receiver and prevents dust falling into it
. Unfortunatelly this declasses most of available players
- DVD upscaling to 1080p. The player will not be used often (2-3 times a month), but actually we have only DVDs
- regarding the price, it should read blu-ray disc and also in 3D (to be future proof)
- LAN port (but it will be present anyway, due to BD-Live functon, am I right?)
- smart functions - I will not use it, now I have lot of "smart" equipment (TV, AV receiver, network HD player) and nothing is smart and fast enough. And in our country there is no such good streaming service as netflix.
- USB, DLNA (for mkv and other formats I have to use dedicated realtek HD player, because of subtitle support and the ability to play movies over network from my NAS using CIFS/Samba)
But when I was searching the internet, I've found that wifi could be used to clone my smart phone screen to TV screen (Miracast). I have no experience with Miracast - does it mean, that I could display anything on my phone (android 4.2.1 supports display over wifi) to TV screen? If it's true, I could substitute all of "smart" devices with smartphone, because web browser on my phone is way faster than on TV, HD player ...
I have two candidates now:
- LG BP630
- quite cheap with lots of functions (maybe because it's being replaced with BP640, which has only different design). Good thing is that (besides HDMI CEC) I would be able to use my current LG TV remote for both TV and BD player. I've read over the internet, that LG is not a good choice regarding quality (but I have no problems with my TV).
- Yamaha BD-S477
- new model, which is almost twice as expensive as the LG. Will I notice the same difference in quality? Has yamaha better picture than LG, maybe more quiet BDdrive?
I like it's design, that will match my Yamaha AVR. And I could use the same yamaha android control app for both AVR and BD player.
Thank you for your recommendations and sorry for my English.