OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. - Page 558 - AVS Forum
First ... 556  557  558 559  560  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE.
steverok's Avatar steverok 09:24 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverok View Post
Can anyone recommend a BDP that offers superb DVD playback as well as great HD. I would like it to have a nice soft picture, like my DVD 25. Thanks.
Price range?

-Bill

$100 to $400. I like one with a nice display and an easy remote. Also, it would ideally be able to output HDMI and component video simultaneously. Thanks !

kevinwinters 09:41 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post
Sorry I missed the NAS info. Since your NAS supports DLNA, you have lots of options. I like the Sony players for video over DLNA.

This thread discusses the current models: Official Sony BDP-S1200, BDP-S3200, BDP-S4200, BDP-S5200, BDP-S6200, and BDP-S7200

You may want to do a review of the file formats and codecs in the files you wish to play. It doesn't sound like your NAS can do much transcoding, so ideally you choose a player that is compatible with your files.
Transcoding - never thought of that. Excellent catch. I'll check out the SONYs and report back. Thanks Vamp!
Apostate's Avatar Apostate 10:48 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
$100 to $400. I like one with a nice display and an easy remote. Also, it would ideally be able to output HDMI and component video simultaneously. Thanks !
Component? You are about three model years too late. Component output hasn't been offered in a while. Ebay will be your best bet for BD players with component output.
steverok's Avatar steverok 11:20 PM 06-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostate View Post
Quote:
Component? You are about three model years too late. Component output hasn't been offered in a while. Ebay will be your best bet for BD players with component output.

Yes, I am just now learning about the analog sunset. The reason I want it is, through my BDP, DVDs looks way better through component than through the HDMI. Maybe new players have smoother reproduction for DVD through HDMI.
Vampidemic's Avatar Vampidemic 01:49 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I am just now learning about the analog sunset. The reason I want it is, through my BDP, DVDs looks way better through component than through the HDMI. Maybe new players have smoother reproduction for DVD through HDMI.
You should not need to go through an unnecessary additional D/A and A/D conversion stage (component video ) to get a soft picture. You just need a player with image processing settings that allow you to get a soft picture.
StayfairToo's Avatar StayfairToo 07:38 AM 06-15-2014
Kindly asking for some guidance too....

Just bought a Sharp LC-70SQ15U that is arriving Tuesday. Needing a 3D BD player that would compliment that set (not sure if all 3D BD players can utilize Q+, or if that's more a function of the TV and not the BD PLAYER). I don't have the most critical eye, but don't want to just close my eyes and pick one either. If I could find that for $150 or less, that'd be great.

Side note (possibly wrong place to post this), I have an older Onkyo TX SR606 receiver that I'd like to use with that tv too...am I losing any of the TV's functionality by doing this? Would I be better off buying something newer?

Thoughts, thanks.

Tom
steverok's Avatar steverok 08:14 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You should not need to go through an unnecessary additional D/A and A/D conversion stage (component video ) to get a soft picture. You just need a player with image processing settings that allow you to get a soft picture.

OK that is good to hear. Are there any players that allow you to have different video settings for BD and DVD ? My ideal player would have this, along with fast reading, solid build, nice display, and a responsive and ergonomic remote that has an EJECT button. Price is not a huge concern although < $400 is preferred. Thanks !
teachsac's Avatar teachsac 08:56 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayfairToo View Post
Kindly asking for some guidance too....

Just bought a Sharp LC-70SQ15U that is arriving Tuesday. Needing a 3D BD player that would compliment that set (not sure if all 3D BD players can utilize Q+, or if that's more a function of the TV and not the BD PLAYER). I don't have the most critical eye, but don't want to just close my eyes and pick one either. If I could find that for $150 or less, that'd be great.

Side note (possibly wrong place to post this), I have an older Onkyo TX SR606 receiver that I'd like to use with that tv too...am I losing any of the TV's functionality by doing this? Would I be better off buying something newer?

Thoughts, thanks.

Tom
You'll need a BD player with dual HDMI outs like I mentioned above in order to utilize 3D and lossless audio. The 606 does not support 3D passthrough.

S~
Vampidemic's Avatar Vampidemic 10:56 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
OK that is good to hear. Are there any players that allow you to have different video settings for BD and DVD ? My ideal player would have this, along with fast reading, solid build, nice display, and a responsive and ergonomic remote that has an EJECT button. Price is not a huge concern although < $400 is preferred. Thanks !
On the last player I had with a sharpness/softness setting (an LG BD 670, which I generally would not recommend) that setting only seemed to impact upscaling operations, so I don't think you necessarily need a way to turn that off for BD. If you find a player that can just allow you to change the way pixels get averaged during upscaling, that should be what you need.

I have a Sony BDP-S590 now, which I generally like, but Sony reserved most of their image processing settings for their higher end players, so it can't do this. I think Sony may have this on the BDP-S790 and BDP-S6200, but am not certain.

Though slightly out of your target range, you might also look at the Oppo players. They are known for their video processing features and build quality.
steverok's Avatar steverok 11:27 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Quote:
On the last player I had with a sharpness/softness setting (an LG BD 670, which I generally would not recommend) that setting only seemed to impact upscaling operations, so I don't think you necessarily need a way to turn that off for BD. If you find a player that can just allow you to change the way pixels get averaged during upscaling, that should be what you need.

I have a Sony BDP-S590 now, which I generally like, but Sony reserved most of their image processing settings for their higher end players, so it can't do this. I think Sony may have this on the BDP-S790 and BDP-S6200, but am not certain.

Though slightly out of your target range, you might also look at the Oppo players. They are known for their video processing features and build quality.

I'm open to an upper end purchase like Oppo BDP-103. Reading their spec regarding DVDs, they say this :

DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV. Additional Qdeo video processing options help to deliver a clearer, smoother, and more true-to-life picture free of noise and artifacts.

That sounds good. The thing I don't want to see on DVDs is an exaggeration of detail that isn't there. With my Sony BDP-S350, DVD playback through HDMI has blotchy blacks and an unpleasant coarseness to it. I want the DVD up-conversion to look nice and soft like through the component video output on my Sony BDP or old Harman Karden DVD player. In addition, I'd like, at least, separate presets for Blu-Ray and DVD, if not automatic settings. I don't even see a remote control on Oppo's web page.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 01:22 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
I'm open to an upper end purchase like Oppo BDP-103. Reading their spec regarding DVDs, they say this :

DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV. Additional Qdeo video processing options help to deliver a clearer, smoother, and more true-to-life picture free of noise and artifacts.

That sounds good. The thing I don't want to see on DVDs is an exaggeration of detail that isn't there. With my Sony BDP-S350, DVD playback through HDMI has blotchy blacks and an unpleasant coarseness to it. I want the DVD up-conversion to look nice and soft like through the component video output on my Sony BDP or old Harman Karden DVD player. In addition, I'd like, at least, separate presets for Blu-Ray and DVD, if not automatic settings. I don't even see a remote control on Oppo's web page.
You're not going to know if it has the look you want without trying it. OPPO has a 30-day return policy. You pay shipping.

Presets: OPPO has user-definable presets for all the video controls, but switching is manual, not automatic based on disc type.

Remote: yes it comes with a remote. I'm sure there are illustrations on the web page and in the online manual.

-Bill
steverok's Avatar steverok 01:44 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Quote:

You're not going to know if it has the look you want without trying it. OPPO has a 30-day return policy. You pay shipping.

Presets: OPPO has user-definable presets for all the video controls, but switching is manual, not automatic based on disc type.

Remote: yes it comes with a remote. I'm sure there are illustrations on the web page and in the online manual.

-Bill

OK cool. I like the remote. You'd probably have to go into the menu to change a video preset, based on the buttons I see. You are right, though, the only way to know is to try it. Thanks.
gus738's Avatar gus738 10:33 AM 06-16-2014
Do u have a 4k tv?If no then u dont benefit from 4k .4k is a'new formate so dvds will look worse on 4k then 1080p
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaap408 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by mdavej

Quote: Originally Posted by zaap408

Which one should I buy, and why (please)

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

this is Samsung
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/blu-ray-dvd/BD-H6500/ZA

this is LG
http://www.lg.com/us/blu-ray-players...ray-dvd-player

I want 4k upscale and quality picture, there are good reviews for the samsung out thereā€¦. but nothing on the LG

If anybody has already tried the LG please give your honest opinion.

thanks in advance

According to the published specs, the LG is not 4K.

Sorry I meant this one:
http://m.lg.com/uk/blu-ray-dvd-playe...rders/lg-BP740
Forget the lcd and get a plasma samsung is the only brand left oh and lg
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwnsw View Post
Paralysis by analysis.

Please help me get off the fence and pull the trigger.

My family has given me a budget to replace my existing system of approx $3,000.

Here is a rough budget breakdown:
Blu-Ray $200
Receiver $300-$500 (Yamaha or equivalent)
LED TV $1,200-$1,500 (not 4k) approx 55"
Speakers $800-$1000 (Satellite/Bookshelf)

According to this thread the Sony 6200 or 790 seem to be the most popular.

What should I buy?
Read above on 4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.P View Post
I'll be purchasing a 4K TV this week, and my next debate is what to do for Blu-Ray... I'm between spending the money on a PS4, or a higher end player like the Oppo BDP-103.

Any thoughts? Which one does a better 4K upconversion, and does it even matter, since my Samsung TV will do it on its own? Is it better to have two dedicated inputs, each with their own setting, one for games on the PS4 and one for Blu-Ray on the Oppo?

Would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: I'm strictly concerned with picture quality. Not worried about sound.
Get blu ray .digital is not the same as blu ray regardless if its hd . Its going to be years before 4k will be standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
Talk about bad timing. One Blu-ray player went out on me and now my other is acting up badly. I hate this transition period between standard Blu-ray and 4k Players. Just like DVD to Blu-ray you get all of these upscale players that eventually just end up being a tease for the real thing.

Anybody know of any NATIVE 4K Blu-ray players coming out soon or this entire standards thing still holding it up indefinitely? Starting to think I should just build a media server and not worry about the next format. I can just go all digital I guess.
oh and i got both ps3 and ps4 would the Costco sony bd player be as good as the ps3? In terms of picture quality ? On dvds?
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 11:10 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus738 View Post
...would the Costco sony bd player be as good as the ps3? In terms of picture quality ? On dvds?
PS3 and Sony BD players have the same mediocre DVD picture quality. I have yet to see anything made by Sony that has what I would call good DVD upconversion. All look pretty soft to me.
mv_cz 02:54 PM 06-17-2014
Hi, I'm searching for new BD player in order to replace my old low-end philips DVD player (connected via SCART dongle to my LG TV which causes random color loss). Price should be about $150.

Requirements:
-
standard hi-fi component width (43,5 cm ~ that should be about 17"), because the player sits on top of my receiver and prevents dust falling into it . Unfortunatelly this declasses most of available players
- DVD upscaling to 1080p. The player will not be used often (2-3 times a month), but actually we have only DVDs
- regarding the price, it should read blu-ray disc and also in 3D (to be future proof)

Not required:
- LAN port (but it will be present anyway, due to BD-Live functon, am I right?)
- smart functions - I will not use it, now I have lot of "smart" equipment (TV, AV receiver, network HD player) and nothing is smart and fast enough. And in our country there is no such good streaming service as netflix.
- wifi
- USB, DLNA (for mkv and other formats I have to use dedicated realtek HD player, because of subtitle support and the ability to play movies over network from my NAS using CIFS/Samba)

But when I was searching the internet, I've found that wifi could be used to clone my smart phone screen to TV screen (Miracast). I have no experience with Miracast - does it mean, that I could display anything on my phone (android 4.2.1 supports display over wifi) to TV screen? If it's true, I could substitute all of "smart" devices with smartphone, because web browser on my phone is way faster than on TV, HD player ...

I have two candidates now:
- LG BP630 - quite cheap with lots of functions (maybe because it's being replaced with BP640, which has only different design). Good thing is that (besides HDMI CEC) I would be able to use my current LG TV remote for both TV and BD player. I've read over the internet, that LG is not a good choice regarding quality (but I have no problems with my TV).

- Yamaha BD-S477 - new model, which is almost twice as expensive as the LG. Will I notice the same difference in quality? Has yamaha better picture than LG, maybe more quiet BDdrive?
I like it's design, that will match my Yamaha AVR. And I could use the same yamaha android control app for both AVR and BD player.

Thank you for your recommendations and sorry for my English.
krips's Avatar krips 03:49 PM 06-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv_cz View Post
Hi, I'm searching for new BD player in order to replace my old low-end philips DVD player (connected via SCART dongle to my LG TV which causes random color loss). Price should be about $150.

Requirements:
-
standard hi-fi component width (43,5 cm ~ that should be about 17"), because the player sits on top of my receiver and prevents dust falling into it . Unfortunatelly this declasses most of available players
- DVD upscaling to 1080p. The player will not be used often (2-3 times a month), but actually we have only DVDs
- regarding the price, it should read blu-ray disc and also in 3D (to be future proof)

Not required:
- LAN port (but it will be present anyway, due to BD-Live functon, am I right?)
- smart functions - I will not use it, now I have lot of "smart" equipment (TV, AV receiver, network HD player) and nothing is smart and fast enough. And in our country there is no such good streaming service as netflix.
- wifi
- USB, DLNA (for mkv and other formats I have to use dedicated realtek HD player, because of subtitle support and the ability to play movies over network from my NAS using CIFS/Samba)

But when I was searching the internet, I've found that wifi could be used to clone my smart phone screen to TV screen (Miracast). I have no experience with Miracast - does it mean, that I could display anything on my phone (android 4.2.1 supports display over wifi) to TV screen? If it's true, I could substitute all of "smart" devices with smartphone, because web browser on my phone is way faster than on TV, HD player ...

I have two candidates now:
- LG BP630 - quite cheap with lots of functions (maybe because it's being replaced with BP640, which has only different design). Good thing is that (besides HDMI CEC) I would be able to use my current LG TV remote for both TV and BD player. I've read over the internet, that LG is not a good choice regarding quality (but I have no problems with my TV).

- Yamaha BD-S477 - new model, which is almost twice as expensive as the LG. Will I notice the same difference in quality? Has yamaha better picture than LG, maybe more quiet BDdrive?
I like it's design, that will match my Yamaha AVR. And I could use the same yamaha android control app for both AVR and BD player.

Thank you for your recommendations and sorry for my English.
Try Sony BDP-S6200. This has DLNA support and plays mkv and other formats seamlessly. It also has miracast support. Since Nexus 5 have issue with miracast, it never worked for this device. Since you said you are on Android version 4.2.1, I assume you don't have Nexus 5. Btw Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 works fine as reported by other people. Also, currently this player is selling for $148.00 on Amazon and $149 at Best buy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
BillP's Avatar BillP 03:51 PM 06-17-2014
mv_cz, first, check out the Panasonic and Sony players (the most popular here in your price range). Second, DO NOT put the player on top of your receiver. Those slots on top of the receiver are for dissapation of heat generated by the receiver. You could do major damage to your receiver, which needs several inches of ventilation above the unit.
Vampidemic's Avatar Vampidemic 06:02 PM 06-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
mv_cz, first, check out the Panasonic and Sony players (the most popular here in your price range). Second, DO NOT put the player on top of your receiver. Those slots on top of the receiver are for dissapation of heat generated by the receiver. You could do major damage to your receiver, which needs several inches of ventilation above the unit.
+ 1

Could damage your player too if it does not have adequate ventilation. I fried a couple of DVD recorders by stacking them in tight cabinets. I would not be surprised if this is part of the reason Sony is designing these players so that you can't stack things on top of them.
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 08:24 AM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv_cz View Post

Requirements:
-
standard hi-fi component width (43,5 cm ~ that should be about 17")...
The old Sony BDP-S790 is a full 17" and weighs as much as a small car. You'll love it.

Do put some spacers under it for better air flow. Better to have a little dust than fry your amp and your player.
ohYew812's Avatar ohYew812 08:28 AM 06-18-2014
I'm with the 'get the Sony S6200' crew.

At that price point, they can't be beat.
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 09:55 AM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohYew812 View Post
I'm with the 'get the Sony S6200' crew.

At that price point, they can't be beat.
Great player, but not 17" wide, which is the OP's main requirement.

Also lots of reports of that player freezing frequently.

The S7200 might be a better deal in Europe anyway.
KtrainHurricane's Avatar KtrainHurricane 10:53 AM 06-18-2014
I am looking to buy a blu-ray player as a gift. I have narrowed my search down to the Panasonic bdt210, the Sony S3100 and S5100, thanks to this thread, specifically.

Main concerns are up-scaling and wifi capability. The person this gift is for owns all DVDs. She wants a blu-ray player so she can enter into that market, but is not an A/V junkie like most of us on here are. Tons of features and "the best" quality is not important...just something that can wirelessly get Netflix and make her DVDs look better. 3D is not a concern as she currently does not plan to use it, but the Sony 5100 can be had for just $18 more than the 3100, and I figured it might not be a bad idea to get it "just in case."

My prices/finds have primarily been for refurb units, which I don't mind buying.

Any more input on these three and how they compare is greatly appreciated.
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 01:42 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtrainHurricane View Post
I am looking to buy a blu-ray player as a gift. I have narrowed my search down to the Panasonic bdt210, the Sony S3100 and S5100, thanks to this thread, specifically.

Main concerns are up-scaling and wifi capability. The person this gift is for owns all DVDs. She wants a blu-ray player so she can enter into that market, but is not an A/V junkie like most of us on here are. Tons of features and "the best" quality is not important...just something that can wirelessly get Netflix and make her DVDs look better. 3D is not a concern as she currently does not plan to use it, but the Sony 5100 can be had for just $18 more than the 3100, and I figured it might not be a bad idea to get it "just in case."

My prices/finds have primarily been for refurb units, which I don't mind buying.

Any more input on these three and how they compare is greatly appreciated.
Netflix on the 210 is horrible. Get a 3100, or a 5100 if you have an extra $18 to blow. 3D and front panel display are the only differences.
KtrainHurricane's Avatar KtrainHurricane 02:26 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Netflix on the 210 is horrible. Get a 3100, or a 5100 if you have an extra $18 to blow. 3D and front panel display are the only differences.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "horrible"? I have the 210 in my living room and don't have any issues with it...
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 04:36 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtrainHurricane View Post
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "horrible"? I have the 210 in my living room and don't have any issues with it...
I mean the screen blanks for a fraction of a second whenever the speed/quality on Netflix changes rather than a seamless transition like on other players (this was fixed in the next model, the 220). I found that to be very distracting, and it's the reason I got rid of mine a few years ago. It also won't do Super HD like newer players. Does it support Netflix profiles or DD+?

Another think that I don't like about Panasonic is their file streaming capabilities are close to zero (without a lot of transcoding). Even the latest Panasonics don't have much in that regard.

As you already know, the picture quality when playing discs is quite good. So I have no complaints there.

Overall, you get a lot more bang for your buck with Sony: tons of streaming apps, great Netflix, great Youtube, good picture quality, good file streaming capability, Miracast, web browser (albeit primitive).
KtrainHurricane's Avatar KtrainHurricane 05:37 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
I mean the screen blanks for a fraction of a second whenever the speed/quality on Netflix changes rather than a seamless transition like on other players (this was fixed in the next model, the 220). I found that to be very distracting, and it's the reason I got rid of mine a few years ago. It also won't do Super HD like newer players. Does it support Netflix profiles or DD+?

Another think that I don't like about Panasonic is their file streaming capabilities are close to zero (without a lot of transcoding). Even the latest Panasonics don't have much in that regard.

As you already know, the picture quality when playing discs is quite good. So I have no complaints there.

Overall, you get a lot more bang for your buck with Sony: tons of streaming apps, great Netflix, great Youtube, good picture quality, good file streaming capability, Miracast, web browser (albeit primitive).
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I personally use a PS3 primarily, so I haven't really had big issues with those things you mentioned. I originally bought that player for my movie room, but got the PS3 soon after and transferred it to my living room - which doesn't see much action other than cable TV.
mv_cz 09:25 AM 06-19-2014
Hi, thank you all for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krips View Post
Try Sony BDP-S6200. This has DLNA support and plays mkv and other formats seamlessly. It also has miracast support. Since Nexus 5 have issue with miracast, it never worked for this device. Since you said you are on Android version 4.2.1, I assume you don't have Nexus 5. Btw Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 works fine as reported by other people. Also, currently this player is selling for $148.00 on Amazon and $149 at Best buy.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I have ordinary dual-sim MTK6589 chipset phone, so no Nexus 5 here I've looked online, but BDP-S6200 costs here around $250 so it's even more expensive than yamaha (which is actually more that I would like to invest in BD player). Due to postage/customs/warranty and dvd region lock I think I will have to buy it locally and not via Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
Thanks, what about Panasonic DMP-BDT161EG? It's not very expensive, again it has lot's of features and "smart" apps that I'will not use. But there is no "dumb" 3D BD player I suppose? Regarding heat and receiver: I thought about it, luckily my receiver (Yamaha HTR-4065) does not generate such massive amount of heat, it's warm when using for longer period of time (4 - 5 hours) and that is because I cannot turn the volume to the maximum (I must keep good relationship with my neighbours ;-)). And the receiver has perforation holes on the left side and also on the top. But even my old DVD player has small rubber feet which allow sufficient air circulation.
I had old Philips 5.1 receiver before and that was a different story - it was hot like hell even under light load.

Quote:
+ 1
Could damage your player too if it does not have adequate ventilation. I fried a couple of DVD recorders by stacking them in tight cabinets. I would not be surprised if this is part of the reason Sony is designing these players so that you can't stack things on top of them.
That's right, but even Yamaha itself lists this promo photo of their BDP on top of the receiver, so it should not be such issue in my case? http://pics.redblue.de/doi/pixelboxx...D-S473-schwarz As I wrote above, I have lot of space to the left of my receiver and also above my receiver+DVD, so it is not stacked in small cabinet.

Quote:
The old Sony BDP-S790 is a full 17" and weighs as much as a small car. You'll love it.
Do put some spacers under it for better air flow. Better to have a little dust than fry your amp and your player.
Unfortunately, this player is unavailable in my country Although it's listed in one shop for more than $310 , it's already sold out. I supposed that all (standard) 17" width components have some sort of feet/spacers underneath them?
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 10:18 AM 06-19-2014
^^^
I don't think that Panasonic is 17" wide. Also, Panasonic is terrible at DLNA. If the width is no longer a requirement, then you have a lot more options.
Apostate's Avatar Apostate 11:44 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
PS3 and Sony BD players have the same mediocre DVD picture quality. I have yet to see anything made by Sony that has what I would call good DVD upconversion. All look pretty soft to me.
+1 I have PS3, S570, S590 and S1000ES. With the exception of S1000ES, all looked soft. Sony's have average upconversion at best.
mv_cz 12:12 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
^^^
I don't think that Panasonic is 17" wide. Also, Panasonic is terrible at DLNA. If the width is no longer a requirement, then you have a lot more options.
I won't use DLNA. All my devices are DLNA certified, but DLNA itself can't display external subtitle files. So I only use it for playing audio via receiver. All I want is a 17" wide BD player with good DVD upscaling capability ;-)
Tags: Blu Ray Players , blu-ray dvd hardware player mp4 usb playback , blu-ray players , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Pioneer Pdp 5080 Hd , Plasma Hdtv , quality , S390 , samsung bd f7500 , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , sony bdp-s6200 , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , Toshiba , video quality
First ... 556  557  558 559  560  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop