OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. - Page 610 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18271 of 18280 Old 07-22-2015, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I often read that many here dissuade others from purchasing Samsung BD players, but I have a Samsung F5700 that I really like, and I have had Sony, Panasonic and a PS3. The Samsung starts up quickly. It has a more preferable interface than what I have experienced with other BD players (Sony and Panasonic). And it has played every disc I have put in it so far. Now, that is not to say that my experience speaks to the total quality of their products, but I would suggest considering them. The F5700 is a 2013 player, yet it has the newer Netflix UI. The interface lags a bit, but it starts up in HD quality instantly or soon after starting a Netflix stream. The remote is backlit, too, but I know that the newer model, the J5700, lacks that feature. Just PM me if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18272 of 18280 Old 07-22-2015, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 138
ToonMasterTim, I certainly agree that Samsung products such as their BluRay players have nice features. And their displays have nice PQ. But IMO their reliability and customer service are not as good as other companies. Of course any specific Samsung product could last may years, and any Panny or Sony could break. But if you are playing the odds.....
post #18273 of 18280 Old 07-23-2015, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have a Sony x930c with a Marantz Sr7009 and a combination of klipsch KF-28 for the fronts Kc-25 center R15 fort he Sorround back and Rb 61 II for sides i also have the onkio atmos speakers .

Would a UD7007 give me any benefit in terms of PQ and AQ i can get one for $400 and was wondering if it would be worth it to use it instead of my Ps3 and BD player
post #18274 of 18280 Old 07-24-2015, 03:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pacalypsenow View Post
I have a Sony x930c with a Marantz Sr7009 and a combination of klipsch KF-28 for the fronts Kc-25 center R15 fort he Sorround back and Rb 61 II for sides i also have the onkio atmos speakers .

Would a UD7007 give me any benefit in terms of PQ and AQ i can get one for $400 and was wondering if it would be worth it to use it instead of my Ps3 and BD player
How would you use it? watch mostly bluray, do you use SACD or DVD-Audio, what do you like to stream...

What percentage movies / music?
post #18275 of 18280 Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
Quote:

How would you use it? watch mostly bluray, do you use SACD or DVD-Audio, what do you like to stream...

Strictly Blu Rays
post #18276 of 18280 Unread 07-25-2015, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What blu-ray player do you all use and recommend with the Samsung F8500?

I don't care about any smart features or 3D. Purely a picture quality thing.

I tried playing Thor on my Xbox One and holy **** did it look bad. I'm not sure why it is so bad.

So I pulled my Sony BDP-S360 from my bedroom, which is an old player from 2009, and it looks good again, like I would expect it to.

Is this player fine from a PQ perspective? Or is there another one you would recommend? I've had this player since 2009.
post #18277 of 18280 Unread 07-25-2015, 05:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickkent View Post
What blu-ray player do you all use and recommend with the Samsung F8500?

I don't care about any smart features or 3D. Purely a picture quality thing.

I tried playing Thor on my Xbox One and holy **** did it look bad. I'm not sure why it is so bad.

So I pulled my Sony BDP-S360 from my bedroom, which is an old player from 2009, and it looks good again, like I would expect it to.

Is this player fine from a PQ perspective? Or is there another one you would recommend? I've had this player since 2009.
PQ with all BluRay players will be pretty much the same over HDMI. If you don't need extra features, the old Sony is fine. You may want to check that you have the latest firmware.
post #18278 of 18280 Unread Yesterday, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Strictly Blu Rays
Depends on what your bluray player can do. If either it or the PS3 can bitstream Dolby TrueHD, then you have Atmos support. If you want a more modern player, a less expensive player that can bitstream to your receiver, that will work well.

So stay with what you have and let the display upscale to 4K. Otherwise, looks like you're good. No need for a universal player like the UD7007. Save your money for a 4K bluray player, if you want to drop 400+ ... and then look Oppo (IMO).
post #18279 of 18280 Unread Yesterday, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Depends on what your bluray player can do. If either it or the PS3 can bitstream Dolby TrueHD, then you have Atmos support. If you want a more modern player, a less expensive player that can bitstream to your receiver, that will work well.

So stay with what you have and let the display upscale to 4K. Otherwise, looks like you're good. No need for a universal player like the UD7007. Save your money for a 4K bluray player, if you want to drop 400+ ... and then look Oppo (IMO).
cool thanks for the info i will just wait on the 4k players
post #18280 of 18280 Unread Today, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
cool thanks for the info i will just wait on the 4k players
I'm in the same boat. I think my PS3 will hold me over till the 4k players come out.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , blu-ray 3d , blu-ray dvd hardware player mp4 usb playback , blu-ray players , bluray player , control , dvd player , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , lg blu ray , mkv , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , philips blu ray , Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Pioneer Pdp 5080 Hd , Plasma Hdtv , player , quality , S390 , samsung bd f7500 , samsung blu ray , samsung uhd , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , sony bdp-s6200 , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , subtitle sizes , Toshiba , video quality
Gear in this thread - S790 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page