OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. - Page 612 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18331 of 18335 Old 08-26-2015, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for A bluray player can fastward with subtitles at 2x playback speeds not 1.5x speeds. I have Panasonic 220 model not have 2x fast ward with subtitles. I know some bluray player expert can answer this reply Soon?

Last edited by tvperson; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18332 of 18335 Old 08-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Panasonic will play at 1.5x speed with audio, but I've never tried it with captions. Ask in one of the Panasonic threads to confirm.
Pretty sure the last Panasonics to have that feature were the X20/500 series. I know my 230 doesn't do audio at 1.5 speed.

S~
tvperson likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #18333 of 18335 Unread Today, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am moving into a new home and trying to get my Home Theater going after being out of it for 12+ years. Recently picked up a Samsung JS8500 for primarily sports and movies, so I wanted to see what would be a good blu-ray player to go with the TV. I have an old Kenwood Sovereign Receiver with a 7.1 Definitive Technology setup, but that received was pre HDMI so I am not sure how compatible it is going to be with everything now a days anyways. Would like to keep it under $250, but if I going to be missing out on a key feature I can adjust a little. Thanks for the help!

Peter L.
post #18334 of 18335 Unread Today, 03:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiba5 View Post
I am moving into a new home and trying to get my Home Theater going after being out of it for 12+ years. Recently picked up a Samsung JS8500 for primarily sports and movies, so I wanted to see what would be a good blu-ray player to go with the TV. I have an old Kenwood Sovereign Receiver with a 7.1 Definitive Technology setup, but that received was pre HDMI so I am not sure how compatible it is going to be with everything now a days anyways. Would like to keep it under $250, but if I going to be missing out on a key feature I can adjust a little. Thanks for the help!
First thing you need to decide is if you really need lossless 7.1, in which case you'll need an old player to go with that old receiver ($400 range, slow, less compatible), or if you can live with lossy 5.1 (better than DVD quality audio), in which case many newer, less expensive players ($100 range) will work fine.
post #18335 of 18335 Unread Today, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
First thing you need to decide is if you really need lossless 7.1, in which case you'll need an old player to go with that old receiver ($400 range, slow, less compatible), or if you can live with lossy 5.1 (better than DVD quality audio), in which case many newer, less expensive players ($100 range) will work fine.
I am ok with the 5.1, because the room it is going into I am not sure if I would be able to have all the speakers anyways! Hopefully someday I will update the Kenwood receiver. Do you have a specific player you would recommend? Thanks Again!

Peter L.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , blu-ray 3d , blu-ray dvd hardware player mp4 usb playback , blu-ray players , bluray player , control , dvd player , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , lg blu ray , mkv , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , philips blu ray , Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Pioneer Pdp 5080 Hd , Plasma Hdtv , player , quality , S390 , samsung bd f7500 , samsung blu ray , samsung uhd , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , sony bdp-s6200 , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , subtitle sizes , Toshiba , video quality
Gear in this thread - S790 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page