OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE - Page 655 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 551Likes

post #19621 of 19633 Old 07-14-2017, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I believe the avr settings need to be changed for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19622 of 19633 Old 07-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
I’m wondering if there are any players that can do this? On my SACD player I can set my center channel to “None” in the menu and the player will push the center channel to the Left and Right. This way I can use the analogy output/input to my AVR for 4.1 playback.

I’m wondering if this can be done over HDMI with other players?

The reason is because I have access to a full 100 person PRO theater in a camp up north be the center channel amp is blown. All the equipment is locked away and it’s going to be months until they will get a tech out to fix it. The only thing we have to work with is a HDMI cable. ALL THE AVR SETTINGS ARE LOCKED. So right now people run 5.1 or 7.1 and put subtitles on or run Stereo 2.0 (But we then lose surround and the dual 18” Klipsch Pro subs .

Help!!!

Picture of what I'm working with

No. you output stereo as they experienced. I believe it is possible with analog, but you said the settings are locked. Not sure what amp you have, but when I do stereo, it does carry down to the subs.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #19623 of 19633 Old 07-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
No. you output stereo as they experienced. I believe it is possible with analog, but you said the settings are locked. Not sure what amp you have, but when I do stereo, it does carry down to the subs.
Okay, Thanks I will not waste time and money buying a Player in order to get better sound. I just hate the fact that I have access to a great theater yet the sound is not perfect in 5.1/7.1. I will just need to play the 2.1/2.0 track off of the disc.

Unless anyone else has any ideas?

post #19624 of 19633 Old 07-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
Not sure what amp you have, but when I do stereo, it does carry down to the subs.
Problem solved. Looks like the cleaner turned the nob of the amp when he was dusting as the bottom amp on the rack is a little visible. Using the Netflix sound/picture test show and my Phones SLP meter I was able to push my fingers in and adjust the level on the amp.

They are using a Denon AVP-A1HDCI and Ashly KLR-2000 amps by the way.
teachsac likes this.
post #19625 of 19633 Old 07-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
Problem solved. Looks like the cleaner turned the nob of the amp when he was dusting as the bottom amp on the rack is a little visible. Using the Netflix sound/picture test show and my Phones SLP meter I was able to push my fingers in and adjust the level on the amp.

They are using a Denon AVP-A1HDCI and Ashly KLR-2000 amps by the way.
Glad you got it working. You'll have some happy campers. I used to have the AVP-A1HDCI back in the day. Loved it.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #19626 of 19633 Old 07-19-2017, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I want a 4K player that supports Dolby Vision to complement my new TCL 55P607 TV. Right now I have my Xbox One S as my player.

From what I gather the 4K blurays players at this moment still have a lot of kinks that need to worked out and I am debating whether it's probably a better idea to get a cheap refurbished model (Samsung 8500) until Dolby Vision becomes more widespread and we've had a few generations and then I can get a more advanced model. The buzz on the LG970 has me thoroughly unimpressed and that seems to be in "no buy" limbo at the moment. I would easily buy an Oppo, but I simply do not have that kind of budget right now.

In all honesty, the feature I want the most is making sure that 1080p bluray scaling works well since it's obvious that my bluray collection will not get replaced with 4K discs.

Help me out AVS!

Also, why do we have two threads for this?!

Blurays: 115
HD-DVD: 12- YES I will be keeping them so I can own a piece of history
post #19627 of 19633 Old 07-19-2017, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Want a decent region free 3D BD player. Do not need 4K. What about the Sony BDP-S5500 Region Free 3D Blu-Ray DVD Player? Is there something better for under $200?

Last edited by Steff3; 07-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.
post #19628 of 19633 Old 07-19-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff3 View Post
Want a decent region free 3D BD player. Do not need 4K. What about the Sony BDP-S5500 Region Free 3D Blu-Ray DVD Player? Is there something better for under $200?
I'm not certain if it's region free, but I have the Sony BDP-S6500. Blu-ray playback and performance is identical to the S5500, but the S6500 has a dual-core processor which is noticeably faster for streaming apps. The S6500 also does 4K upscale, but I have it off.
post #19629 of 19633 Old 07-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick97 View Post
I want a 4K player that supports Dolby Vision to complement my new TCL 55P607 TV. Right now I have my Xbox One S as my player.

From what I gather the 4K blurays players at this moment still have a lot of kinks that need to worked out and I am debating whether it's probably a better idea to get a cheap refurbished model (Samsung 8500) until Dolby Vision becomes more widespread and we've had a few generations and then I can get a more advanced model. The buzz on the LG970 has me thoroughly unimpressed and that seems to be in "no buy" limbo at the moment. I would easily buy an Oppo, but I simply do not have that kind of budget right now.

In all honesty, the feature I want the most is making sure that 1080p bluray scaling works well since it's obvious that my bluray collection will not get replaced with 4K discs.

Help me out AVS!

Also, why do we have two threads for this?!
Howdy @Merrick97 and gig'em from a local College Station boy here. I have the Samsung K8500 UHD player and it has worked flawlessly since the day I bought it. I bought it right when the UHD player came out, although took a month to get my hands on one as they sold out the day they got them. But it works perfectly on DVD, BR and UHD, really the only drawback is the remote SUCKS. It is tiny and doesn't have many functions, like it has one of those combined chapter skip/FF RW buttons, which I thought went away 10 years ago. But that was easily remedied with my Logitech Harmony remote. I know it does HDR10 but I am not sure it does Dolby Vision, frankly at this point there are not many Dolby Vision titles out on the market.
post #19630 of 19633 Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
I'm not certain if it's region free, but I have the Sony BDP-S6500. Blu-ray playback and performance is identical to the S5500, but the S6500 has a dual-core processor which is noticeably faster for streaming apps. The S6500 also does 4K upscale, but I have it off.
Thanks for the reply!
post #19631 of 19633 Old 07-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
Howdy @Merrick97 and gig'em from a local College Station boy here. I have the Samsung K8500 UHD player and it has worked flawlessly since the day I bought it. I bought it right when the UHD player came out, although took a month to get my hands on one as they sold out the day they got them. But it works perfectly on DVD, BR and UHD, really the only drawback is the remote SUCKS. It is tiny and doesn't have many functions, like it has one of those combined chapter skip/FF RW buttons, which I thought went away 10 years ago. But that was easily remedied with my Logitech Harmony remote. I know it does HDR10 but I am not sure it does Dolby Vision, frankly at this point there are not many Dolby Vision titles out on the market.
Out of all the 4K players, Samsung is all but guaranteed to not support Dolby Vision.

However, I may indeed consider it if the price is too good to pass up.

Blurays: 115
HD-DVD: 12- YES I will be keeping them so I can own a piece of history
post #19632 of 19633 Old 07-23-2017, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Players that can play video files with 640K audio

I have an older Sony blu ray player that fails to play video files off my server that are coded at 640k audio. It says something like audio format not supported. If the files are 384K or lower I have no problems.

I bought a refurb Sony BDPS6700 from BB, which was the 2016 model, and it had the same problem.

Is this only a Sony issue? Any recommendations? Thanks.
post #19633 of 19633 Old Today, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Silent (or as near as possible) blu-ray players

Hi everyone,

After trying a couple of blu-ray players recently (Sony BDP7200 and Yamaha BDA1060), I've been pretty shocked by the quality of the disc drives. Sitting a couple of meters away, I am able to quite clearly hear discs spinning, especially at certain frequencies as a film progresses. I have used a ten year old budget Sony blu-ray player that is quieter, and I'm used to absolute silent CD spinning from an old Rotel RCD-965BX.

Bearing in mind that I am sensitive to noise, does anyone have any suggestions of other players, for both blu-ray and CD playback? I'm not particularly bothered about price or features (a non-HDMI digital audio out would be nice as I may use it with a DAC for CDs). I've read that the Denon DBT-3313 is very quiet and is built better than the vast majority of players. It's a shame it has no digital audio outs, although I could use an HDMI audio extractor device if neccesary (or the analog outs).

If it makes any difference, I have an Epson 9200 projector (i.e. not 4K) and a Yamaha RX-A1060 receiver for blu-ray/films, and an old Pioneer A-400 hi-fi amp (due to be upgraded) for CDs/music.

Thanks, Matt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
1080p , bd-30 , Blu Ray Players , blu-ray , blu-ray 3d , blu-ray dvd hardware player mp4 usb playback , blu-ray players , bluray player , control , counter , Dts , dvd player , dvd-a , flac , hdmi input , Lg Bd 390 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , lg blu ray , mkv , multichannel analog , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic , philips blu ray , Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Pioneer Pdp 5080 Hd , Plasma Hdtv , player , quality , S390 , sacd , samsung bd f7500 , samsung blu ray , samsung uhd , slow , smart , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , sony bdp-s6200 , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , subtitle sizes , Toshiba , usb , video quality , wifi , zoom

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page