PS3 - Blu_ray Screen Froze - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my PS3 a few weeks ago. I have watched 2 blu-ray movies on it and a few games. Tonight I was watching Kingdom Of Heaven and 3/4 of the way through the movie the screen froze. The audio kept playing. I tried using my controller (remote) and it wouldnt respond. So i plugged it in the usb and it still wouldnt respond (just flashed). So I hit the power button on the front of the ps3 and it took a few seconds then froze again with a compete green screen. I tried again and got it powered down and started it back up with no problem.

I still got my 30day return policy, but this is the first time its happened. Any thoughts?

Right now I have it connected through an OPPO HM-31 Advanced 3x1 HDMI Switch back into my Panny PZ77U. Everythings connected with monos HDMI 1.3 cables. PS3 is all up to date on firmware. Connected to the internet via wireless. Like I said, I have been gaming a fair amount and watched a few other movies with no problems. This being my first incident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Come to think of it, 2 days ago I was playing Ratchet and Clank and the game kept freezing. I kept pushing the main button on the controller until I got the option to quit game or power down, then I would click back to the game and continue. Thought maybe the disc had fingerprints or something on them. Then the next day I went to play and all my save data from it was bad. Said something about an error in the saved data so I had to delete it and start from a previous saved point. Not sure if this is related or not to the movie freezing.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-04-2008, 11:52 PM

If you're still under the return period, swap it out. I just did with mine... The player locked up 2min into 'At Worlds End' and after that wouldn't read any media I fed thru the optical drive. I did a hard reset, a normal reset, and hard reset followed by a FULL system restore - not the quick one. Sounds like the HDD may be corrupting data - try a full restore. This takes a few hours, so plan on doing something else while it's running.

Anyways, my new PS3 works just great

- Christian
post #4 of 8 Old 01-05-2008, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

If I swap for another machine, what will they say about the UPC barcode being cutout (blu-ray offer) and the Spidey movie? Will they just pull a new 1 out of a box and do a swap. Obviously thats all I would want, I dont feel like packing up the controllers and all that. Just want my PS3 workin! Btw, bought it @ FS.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-05-2008, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Nobody else has any opinions?
post #6 of 8 Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
If you have already sent off for your free movies, the store will probably not exchange it. Your best bet is Sony Tech Support: 1-800-345-SONY.

Ted
post #7 of 8 Old 01-05-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncted View Post

If you have already sent off for your free movies, the store will probably not exchange it. Your best bet is Sony Tech Support: 1-800-345-SONY.

Ted

awww man, I asked this specfic question before I pulled off the UPC if there would be problems if I had to return it. Ppl said no, b/c they know u have to mail it in for the movie rebate so it doesnt matter.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet77 View Post

awww man, I asked this specfic question before I pulled off the UPC if there would be problems if I had to return it. Ppl said no, b/c they know u have to mail it in for the movie rebate so it doesnt matter.

I would try it--just bring in the unit itself and try to exchange it for another unit..worst they can do is say no.

If you do have to deal with Sony though--

I have had to deal with Sony directly for a replacement unit for my PS3 and I can tell you it was a very smooth and rapid process. They make it really easy to send the unit back to them (they overnight a box with instructions and all the packing material in it) and I think the total time it took to get a new PS3 from them was about 3 days.

Good Luck!
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page