Originally Posted by Thebarnman
I'm not an expert, however I will try to give some good points.
1. It's a real 2nd generation machine. (History of know how in designing for better reliability)
2. The quick start (within 10 seconds) and turn off time.
3. 1.1 allows for picture in picture...this feature is on the disc, why not take advantage of it.
4. Price advantage from older models
5. Possibly better picture quality than older models.
6. Internal decoding of all audio formats
Not necessarily in that order....
A few other thoughts/arguments occurred to me. I'll recap a few and add to it. If any of my assumptions are wrong or unfounded, please chime in!
1. The Bitstreaming is okay for me (getting the VSX-94). Internal decoding not an issue. Is bitstreaming more robust between components than decoded? Arguments?
2. Quick start is not really that big of a deal. I'm used to waiting; I also have a Pio DV-400 and it's slow. My Sony DVP-995V is a dog too.
3. PIP is not a bid deal to me. Remember "Camera Angles"? The CARS BD is promising though...
4. Subtitle location could be an issue. We use subtitles a lot (to learn different languages). Will this be an issue? Depends on the movie I guess. Hmmm, something to think about.
5. Better picture? Maybe... Could it be worse? Maybe...
6. A good chance that the Ethernet Port will be gone on the 05. Not a biggie though ('cause I'm getting the VSX94-TXH).
7. Better price? Yes, maybe by 100$ (MSRP vs MSRP). Right now the 95 goes for much less than MSRP. On top of that, I get 5 movies (5 x 25$ = 125$ ballpark). So I figure that the 95 will cost me much less and I don't have to wait.
8. Possible availability in Canada in April/May/June (guess). Anyone?
9. New software issues to contend with on the 05. Yes, there will be!
10. Commitment from Pioneer to release better firmware for the 95 should improve any non-essential lag issues.
I guess that's all I could come up with. How do you feel about the center loading versus the left side? Any good arguments other than aesthetics?
Thanks for your help!