Finally in my New House...basement plans - Page 8 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #211 of 211 Unread Today, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple127 View Post
Impressive build. I'm inspired to do something similar.

Can I ask how you stapled the fabric onto the walls? How did you hide the staples?
The easiest way to hide staples is to do it the same way a tailor/apholstery shop hides stitches.
No you can't necessarily turn your room inside out, but the idea is to start by stapling the back side of the fabric facing forward then folding the fabric over the staples you just installed and work your way around the room.

I did a quick google search because I was sure someone must have posted a youtube....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...89947451,d.cGU

Another option that is a lot more work, but looks very professional is to build individual frames,
stretch the fabric over them and staple the back sides, then install the frames on the walls.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ruction/487747

My First Home Theater
...When a Kuro plasma still isnt enough, make your movie Experience Larger than Life with a Projector!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page