Corey Lane Cinema Bar - LSWHO's Theatre Bar - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 495 Old 10-31-2008, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My foam is only about a half of a glass. You can pour it out or get another glass and start a new pour. Wait for the foam to settle in the first glass and drink it. Any foam left in a glass will foam up the glass if you don't rinse it out.

BTW what are you folks paying for half a keg? It just went up to $96 here. When I started, they were $32!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 495 Old 10-31-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNow^ View Post

My foam is only about a half of a glass. You can pour it out or get another glass and start a new pour. Wait for the foam to settle in the first glass and drink it. Any foam left in a glass will foam up the glass if you don't rinse it out.

BTW what are you folks paying for half a keg? It just went up to $96 here. When I started, they were $32!

The 1/2 of Blue Moon was $86 when I ordered it this week, the 1/4 Bud Light was $56.

The Copper Pub /Corey Lane Cinema

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the donut." IRONMAN 2
post #63 of 495 Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I pay $80 for domestic.

Check out Dinger's
post #64 of 495 Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My 1/4 of Wachusett Country Ale (a local) was $89.

My 1/2 of Killians was $129.
post #65 of 495 Old 11-11-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

QUOTE=LSWHO;14979702]I finally got the beer tower fan contraption done and it is working better than I had expected. I basically used a computer fan mounted to a radio shack project box, I wired it with an old cell phone charger and PVC for the tubing. It has 2 - 90 degree bends. Just before I installed it I took the temp inside the kegerator with the cup of water method. It was 38 degrees. I then poured a glass of beer and took the temp which averaged 43 degrees. (did this 4 times). I then installed the wiring thru the drain hole on the bottom and hooked everything up. I let the system run for 24 hours and then re-took the temps. I was suprised to find that the avg. temp dropped to 39.2 degree's coming out of the tower. The excessive foam has stopped and the beer tasted much better (obviously) I now will try and get the inside of the Keg down to 37 degrees so that the temp coming out of the tower is 38 degrees. Thanks to Dinger for leading me to a a forum for such things as this. (micromatic.com/Forum/us-en/).
I'll toast one to you this weekend my friend. I'll also try and post some pics this weekend of the fan set up.
Now I need to get back on track with the bar and envirotex issues.[/quote]

Some updated pics of the fan I built for the kegerator as promised.

post #66 of 495 Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Super Tweaker!
post #67 of 495 Old 11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Can you still fit a full keg in there?

Check out Dinger's
post #68 of 495 Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger23 View Post

Can you still fit a full keg in there?

Dinger, yes I made it so I could move and rotate it to any direction and have an an extention piece if I wanted to set it on the bottom of the kegerator. It actually works quite well. I figured becasue nobody would be seeing it that it didn't really matter how it looked plus I wanted to make sure it worked before making it permanent.

post #69 of 495 Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Good idea to cool the tower. I had a similar kegerator that has the same warming problems. On other forums users have installed full-blown blowers in the fridge to move the air, but this method is much simpler, quieter, and cheaper!

Two questions, though - how did you get the power cable for the fan outside the box?? Also, can you hear the fan when you're standing next to the kegerator?
post #70 of 495 Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coipus_coinpurse View Post

Good idea to cool the tower. I had a similar kegerator that has the same warming problems. On other forums users have installed full-blown blowers in the fridge to move the air, but this method is much simpler, quieter, and cheaper!

Two questions, though - how did you get the power cable for the fan outside the box?? Also, can you hear the fan when you're standing next to the kegerator?

coipus_coinpurse -
I assume when you say the Box your refering to the kegerator itself and not the little box the fan is mounted in. In this Kegerator there is a drain hole on the back side, the width of a straw hole. I ran the wire through that and seems to work with no issues. It was a pain the the butt getting to it .(90 degree angle and the cooling fins on the back side in the way)

post #71 of 495 Old 12-01-2008, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
New to AVS but absolutely love your bar, I am considering copper as well and would love too see the look that the envirotex left. Have you poured over the copper yet? Also did you use the copper sheet or the copper foil (comes in a roll i believe) and how did you attatch it? Any tips would be appreciated. Where about in MI are you? I am 2 miles from MI state line. Anyway please help if you can..lol

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #72 of 495 Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 AM

hiya

Just writing these few words to thank you for this thread, its one sexy bar so far and one awesome home project to watch.

I wish you luck with the envirotex issues, but from an outsider point of view your bar still look great and sexy Looks better than my small city's only public bar.

I have a few questions (hehe), in personal life im an electrician so i can't help but wondering if you have plan to put out nice lightning for your bar or stay the way it is. Like directional spot over your bar and such and/or thinking of a way to hide patio's door outside light source or add one source over your poker table maybe.
Anyway, im from canada so the "rules" of electricity arent totaly the same for construction (i think canada more strict as far as i know but could be wrong) but if you need help just ask.

I love the staining color and the cabinets, looks great together and of course your bar copper surface is just an amazing eye candie to watch.

I think it would also kick ass to see some bar rail with brackets for feet on the bottom. Im really eager to see your bar with full accessories, anyway keep it up, you have all my encouragements man looks fantastic so far man.

peace
post #73 of 495 Old 12-02-2008, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

New to AVS but absolutely love your bar, I am considering copper as well and would love too see the look that the envirotex left. Have you poured over the copper yet? Also did you use the copper sheet or the copper foil (comes in a roll i believe) and how did you attatch it? Any tips would be appreciated. Where about in MI are you? I am 2 miles from MI state line. Anyway please help if you can..lol

Steve,
I used the .10 thick copper foil. I attached it with contact cement from DAP for metal (I believe it has a red label) The way I did mine was in 3 pieces/panels. The gaps are pretty tight so I wouldn't worry about it flowing between the seems too much unless you have nothing underneath. I took each piece and cut the copper to be a little oversized on all sides and then used the contact cement on the panel and then a coat on the copper and then placed the copper on top (like when doing a counter top). I then used a wall paper roller (made of a heavy duty rubber) and rolled over the copper to get the best adhision I could. I then wrapped the copper over all sides with the roller. The advise I would give you is to use your samples you ordered and get used to working with it first, I didn't and would have done things differently if I would have. I would have not rolled the sides. I thought by rolling the sides I could get a perfect straight line from the edge of the wood but the copper is simply too soft and is not as straight as I would have liked. I think it would have been cleaner to have cut the edge instead. Hope this helps. Any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks, Dennis

post #74 of 495 Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeille View Post

hiya

Just writing these few words to thank you for this thread, its one sexy bar so far and one awesome home project to watch.

I wish you luck with the envirotex issues, but from an outsider point of view your bar still look great and sexy Looks better than my small city's only public bar.

I have a few questions (hehe), in personal life im an electrician so i can't help but wondering if you have plan to put out nice lightning for your bar or stay the way it is. Like directional spot over your bar and such and/or thinking of a way to hide patio's door outside light source or add one source over your poker table maybe.
Anyway, im from canada so the "rules" of electricity arent totaly the same for construction (i think canada more strict as far as i know but could be wrong) but if you need help just ask.

I love the staining color and the cabinets, looks great together and of course your bar copper surface is just an amazing eye candie to watch.

I think it would also kick ass to see some bar rail with brackets for feet on the bottom. Im really eager to see your bar with full accessories, anyway keep it up, you have all my encouragements man looks fantastic so far man.

peace

Abeille,
Thanks for all the kind words, it 's much appreciated. As for the lighting I plan on possibly using rope light along the bottom of the front overhang but kinda up in the air on that right now. Still trying to deal with the envirotex issue. I had some scrap bar rail from the bar and went through the long process of duplicating what I did to the bar to the scrap pieces to figure out how to correct it without messing with the bar. I finally think I have it figured out and will be trying it out on the real thing maybe this weekend. The plan for the foot rail / foot ledge on the bottom is to use 1 or 2" thick copper pipe from HD or Lowes, cut it to size, use the 45 degree fittings & polich it up to make a homemade footrail in copper to match the top. They only sell bronze & chrome footrails so I have to make it homemade unless I paid to have one copper coated but for that price I would rather buy beer or DVD's so I am limited to making it on my own for under $75 bucks I think I can get it to looks cool and the price is right to at least try.

post #75 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Here are some pics of the Copper for those of you who have PM'd me to give you a visual how it was before I installed it.

This is how it was shipped....

post #76 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Here are some updated pictures on the ticket window I am building in the wall at the end of the basement stairs.

It still needs to be finished, filling, sanding & staining are in my future....

post #77 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSWHO View Post

Here are some updated pictures on the ticket window I am building in the wall at the end of the basement stairs.

That is sweeet!! How much is admission to say the U of M - Notre Dame game next year?? LOL
The copper, did you have to use something to hold it down and take the bend or roll out of it?

post #78 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Some additional pictures when doing the evirotex on the bar rail and bar gutter.

post #79 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

That is sweeet!! How much is admission to say the U of M - Notre Dame game next year?? LOL
The copper, did you have to use something to hold it down and take the bend or roll out of it?

No cost to friends as long as there is a return invite.

After I cut the copper to size for the 3 panels I just stacked some small books on them to slowly level out for a day nothing too serious though. I was scared of kinking it so I mainly put the books at the ends.

post #80 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSWHO View Post

No cost to friends as long as there is a return invite.

After I cut the copper to size for the 3 panels I just stacked some small books on them to slowly level out for a day nothing too serious though. I was scared of kinking it so I mainly put the books at the ends.

Looks real good. You may have to wait for the invite as I have yet to start on mine and I dont have a 300" screen like you...lol. What a screen I bet those football games are insane to watch. What size is the room the screen is in. ( from the doors going out side to the front of the room and side to side) I wish i had the room for that

post #81 of 495 Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Looks real good. You may have to wait for the invite as I have yet to start on mine and I dont have a 300" screen like you...lol. What a screen I bet those football games are insane to watch. What size is the room the screen is in. ( from the doors going out side to the front of the room and side to side) I wish i had the room for that

12' 6" wide x the side wall (wall where door go outside) is right around 40'
the left side wall is 17', I didn't want to make a dedicated theatre room only so I kept it open for the bar and sitting area to view the screen or to be able to socialize with everyone. Of course as in all things I would have done a lot of things different if I was to redo it. I would have made the room much wider and the left side longer than 17' but too late now...

post #82 of 495 Old 12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Just a quick question do you have any pics of the back of your bar?

post #83 of 495 Old 12-06-2008, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Just a quick question do you have any pics of the back of your bar?

I'll have to post some for you

post #84 of 495 Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Hows the prep for the big pour coming? Cant wait to see the results. Still waiting for the sample copper peices from Storm Copper. I think those guys are asleep over there.

post #85 of 495 Old 12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

I am learning so quickly around here. I have actually subscribed to a thread. Yep I figured it out on my own so now I am ready to build my bar...lol. My bar which on paper started as a mere sports themed bar and has morphed (and keeps doing so) into a bar/home theater complete with projection screen etc. Thanks to all you that have helped fuel this monster that I call my basement. This site is EVIL

post #86 of 495 Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM

i was wondering where you purchased your bar railing from? i have seen them on the internet for about $100-$135 for a 8ft. section and i thought i saw on another thread that they got them for alot less than that...do they sell them at a lowes home depot menards place? thanks

by the way i love your bar, i plan on starting on one soon and im planing on using your ideas and come up with something of my own
post #87 of 495 Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I think someone is mia...where o where did he go?? I got my copper and am ready to install, I sent you a pm regarding a few questions before I take the plunge. Get back to me when you get a second

post #88 of 495 Old 01-13-2009, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwben View Post

i was wondering where you purchased your bar railing from? i have seen them on the internet for about $100-$135 for a 8ft. section and i thought i saw on another thread that they got them for alot less than that...do they sell them at a lowes home depot menards place? thanks

by the way i love your bar, i plan on starting on one soon and im planing on using your ideas and come up with something of my own

I got mine from Lowes, comes in 8 ft sections and was $89 but I had a coupon for 10% off one time purchase. Someother folks have used some online places but I wanted mine right away and didn't want to pay shipping.
Good luck and show us some pictures.

post #89 of 495 Old 01-13-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I think someone is mia...where o where did he go?? I got my copper and am ready to install, I sent you a pm regarding a few questions before I take the plunge. Get back to me when you get a second

Sorry been super busy lately, sent you a PM answering your questions. Let me know if you need anything else.

post #90 of 495 Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATES:
Finally can post some updates for everyone. I installed the LED rope lights under the bar for some accent lighting, I used the ones from Novelty Lights and also used the tracks they sell to make them all straight. I also put up some drywall on the backside of the bar and installed the back cabinets and counter top. Still many more items to finish up but it's coming along.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page