Corey Lane Cinema Bar - LSWHO's Theatre Bar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Welcome to the Copper Pub...the still ongoing, still transforming, ever changing home pub build thread. Pull up a chair, have a drink and swap stories, ideas, complaints, & designs with us.

Well this is way overdue so I am finally starting my first thread after countless years and hours at a time of viewing and sitting behind the scenes. I first want to thank a few threads that really helped me without really knowing it, some gave me construction ideas, what not to do's, what products they used and most importantly a place to get ideas and pictures. A quick shout out to Heynow^'s, Chinadog, Big E's, Dinger23 and many I can't remember off the top of my head. Thanks to all of you I think I have created a space my family enjoys (although not 100% completed yet) and proud I've done it all myself.
I plan on adding numerous pic's in the near future of the build, past -present- future. Any questions don't hestiate to ask.

JVC DLA RS1
Denon 3808ci
VUTec 123" screen
Canton speakers and sub
-Canton 650 InWall ,
-Canton 500 LCR,
-4 Canton in-ceiling rear speakers
-Canton Sub AS 85 SC
HDDVD Toshiba A30
Sony BlueRay DVD player
Medius TX-100 remote
Cable box - HD Motorola DCH6200
Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

The current look of The Copper Pub

Before:

After Drywall:

After flooring:

After Bar framing & Wall cabinets:

After Oak panels installed and stained:

Bar Top & Bar Rail being installed:

The Copper Pub /Corey Lane Cinema

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the donut." IRONMAN 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Nice bar....wheres the cinema part

Xbox360 / PS3 / Failed HDM Supporter
I have no idea what you are referring to
Gamertag: antwon412
(A/V)Ignorance is Bliss -------- sweet, cheap bliss
post #3 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antwon412 View Post

Nice bar....wheres the cinema part

I know I know, I'll post some of those photos also. Once I get all my pictures uploaded into photobucket I'll start posting them too.

post #4 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Is that a brushed copper bar top? Looks classy.
post #5 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
That is a really nice look. I sat at a bar in a Pittsburgh hotel that had a similar top, but I think it was brass? It had a unique smell to it... I'd like to see yours with the enviorntex on it....I'm wondering if even with the enviorntex, it would still imprint a blow from a dropped glass since copper is soft...I would love to see some better pics close up....Nice work, you did a great job.

Edit: Oh, I don't know if you are going to do this or not, but I stuffed a matching wood putty into those seams on the bar railing....they are smooth as heck and after the finish you can't even tell they are there. My bar is almost two years old and they HAVE NOT seperated one bit.
post #6 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Is that a brushed copper bar top? Looks classy.

First it's a honor to have you BIGmouthDC looking in on my thread, I have followed your thread for a long time, I could only dream to have a set up like yourself and think you do exceptional work.
Yes it is a brushed copper but I purchased the copper in a 12" x 10' sheet and used a drill with a steel wire brush to give it that brushed look. It was cheaper to do it myself and I wasn't sure about using copper but knew I wanted something different.

[IMG][/IMG]

post #7 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNow^ View Post

That is a really nice look. I sat at a bar in a Pittsburgh hotel that had a similar top, but I think it was brass? It had a unique smell to it... I'd like to see yours with the enviorntex on it....I'm wondering if even with the enviorntex, it would still imprint a blow from a dropped glass since copper is soft...I would love to see some better pics close up....Nice work, you did a great job.

Edit: Oh, I don't know if you are going to do this or not, but I stuffed a matching wood putty into those seams on the bar railing....they are smooth as heck and after the finish you can't even tell they are there. My bar is almost two years old and they HAVE NOT seperated one bit.

I wrapped the copper around 3/4" partical board using contact cement from DAP. then coated it with a stuff called Copper Shield to keep it the shiny color and not to turn the patina green color. before the envirotex I could still mar it with some effort but never thought that it could after envirotex that will be a learning lesson, I did use a 6" x 6" peice as a test so maybe I'll try using that as see if I can imprint it. I'll let you know...
yEah I still have to use the putty and staing the bar rail I only finished the bottom section of the bar and then once that was done worked on the top. The bar rail will match the stain color on the bottom.

post #8 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

This is what it looked like prior to deciding to go with the brushed look.

post #9 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Here are some additional photos

post #10 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

post #11 of 495 Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Some screen shots with my current setup:
JVC DLA RS1
Denon 3808ci
VUTec 123" screen
Canton speakers and sub
-Canton 650 InWall ,
-Canton 500 LCR,
- 4 Canton in ceiling rear speakers
-Canton Sub AS 85 SC
HDDVD Toshiba A30
Medius TX-100 remote
Cable box HD Motorola DCH6200
Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

post #12 of 495 Old 09-28-2008, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone have any reviews or suggestions on a kegerator? I'm looking at a few different models but not sure of the good and bad of these things....

post #13 of 495 Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Well I broke down and purchased a kegerator. Found the Haier dual faucet for $502.90 plus $99 shipping brand new, can't wait.....

post #14 of 495 Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 AM

you've always wanted a pinball machine
post #15 of 495 Old 09-30-2008, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

you've always wanted a pinball machine

Only if I sell the Pacman & Mario Bros arcade machines and the Cougar Dart board. ...but your right.. I've always wanted one, who knows maybe one day..Anybody want to buy an original Pacman Machine or Marios Bros?

post #16 of 495 Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Here is the kegerator that I decided on.

Here is the link for the specifics: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft...05EABB-2.shtml

The plan is that I am going to semi build it into the bar, meaning the tower will come through the drip edge and I will build in a drip tray...we'll see when it arrives if this will hold true....

post #17 of 495 Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 AM

Liked: 12
Nice set up here. I really like the bar!! I've been wanting to do a bar in the space I've set aside, but haven't had the money or time to do it. I want the front similar to what you have, with a few variations, but haven't been able to sell the wife on it....hopefully your pics will help!

What's the plan for the other side of the bar? I see open studs in the pics you've posted.
post #18 of 495 Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Hey thanks for the props. It's an honor to be mentioned with some of the legends of AVS bar/theater builders. I've been busy with finishing up some work on my bar so I am just now seeing this thread.(I will updating my thread this afternoon)

Love the bar top. I also think you made a good choice in kegerator. I bought mine from beverage factory as well. Since mine is completely built in I went with the Summit under counter. Can't wait to see how this room turns out.

Check out Dinger's
post #19 of 495 Old 10-03-2008, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny15 View Post

Nice set up here. I really like the bar!! I've been wanting to do a bar in the space I've set aside, but haven't had the money or time to do it. I want the front similar to what you have, with a few variations, but haven't been able to sell the wife on it....hopefully your pics will help!

What's the plan for the other side of the bar? I see open studs in the pics you've posted.

Thanks Johnny15, My wife didn't understand through the whole process and last night was the first time she actually complimented me on how it's turning out and is glad I choose what I did. I can remember her saying copper? why copper? that's going to look cheap?

I initially wanted to make some shelves between the studs or a built in garbage can or wine rack or a humidor. I built it with 2x8 so I have some nice depth to work with and thought the shelves would be a nice touch. I like to be different in minor ways to other one's I've been at or seen but now I am rethinking this idea. I don't want a full counter top so I was thinking of drywalling the back and mounting wall cabinets (due to only being 12" depth) and just make a small countertop on them to run along the whole thing. Alot of it will be planned out when the kegerator shows up and I can really position that.

post #20 of 495 Old 10-03-2008, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger23 View Post

Hey thanks for the props. It's an honor to be mentioned with some of the legends of AVS bar/theater builders. I've been busy with finishing up some work on my bar so I am just now seeing this thread.(I will updating my thread this afternoon)

Love the bar top. I also think you made a good choice in kegerator. I bought mine from beverage factory as well. Since mine is completely built in I went with the Summit under counter. Can't wait to see how this room turns out.

Dinger23, a honor to have you posting in my thread. Thanks for the kind words, I can't wait for the kegerator to show up, it's better than x-mas morning...I've already been at the party store 10 times trying to figure out what beer to order the guys gotta be sick of me by now.
Couple of questions though, I am also building a poker table like yours, is there anything else you would do different with it? Cup holders? Ashtray for cigars (if your into that sort of thing) unable to tell if you have folding legs or not any details would be great. Also behind your bar on the bottom did you use wall cabinets and then put the counter top on that? I have been thinking of doing that. if so, what did you use for the bottom that the wall cabinet sits on?
Thanks, Dennis

post #21 of 495 Old 10-03-2008, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Dennis,

Are you going to have enough space under your bar top to position the Kegerator so that you can mount the draft arm through the bar top drip edge? Specifically the depth of the Kegerator under the bar, will it align to your drip edge? What are you plans on insulating the beer hose from the Kegerator to the drip edge? The more hose that is out in the open, even when it's insulated, the more foam you will have to deal with when the cold beer hits a warmer hose. Are you going to permanately mount the Kegerator or leave the wheels on? You also want to keep in mind that the Kegerator should have some room to breath. It does put off some heat from the back. Just some things for you to think about.
post #22 of 495 Old 10-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Randy brings up some good points. Here is a good forum to understand more about how to set up your kegerator http://www.micromatic.com/Forum/us-en/

I will post some pics on my thread to answer some of your other questions. As for cup holders in the table I decided against it simple because I didn't want player's chips falling into them. Also I've seen people turn the cup holders turn into little trash cans. The wife won't let me smoke cigars in the house which I respect.

Check out Dinger's
post #23 of 495 Old 10-03-2008, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNow^ View Post

Dennis,

Are you going to have enough space under your bar top to position the Kegerator so that you can mount the draft arm through the bar top drip edge? Specifically the depth of the Kegerator under the bar, will it align to your drip edge? What are you plans on insulating the beer hose from the Kegerator to the drip edge? The more hose that is out in the open, even when it's insulated, the more foam you will have to deal with when the cold beer hits a warmer hose. Are you going to permanately mount the Kegerator or leave the wheels on? You also want to keep in mind that the Kegerator should have some room to breath. It does put off some heat from the back. Just some things for you to think about.

Randy good questions, I initally thought I was just going to make a half moon/half circle cut on the drip edge and leave the tower attached to kegerator so that the line would stay cool but I forgot one important thing - I always checked to make sure I was okay with the height of the kegerator but never the distance from the back of the kegerator to the tower and if it will line up with my drip edge I may now have to mount it on the drip edge....crap!!!!
The backside of the bar is still unfinished so I thought of mounting fans (computer fans) to help circulate air flow and remove any heat...The kegerator is on a UPS truck somewhere so hopefully next week when it comes in I'll be able to figure some things out. I am sure I'll be asking you a ton more questions in the near future...thanks again.
Dennis

post #24 of 495 Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger23 View Post

Randy brings up some good points. Here is a good forum to understand more about how to set up your kegerator http://www.micromatic.com/Forum/us-en/

I will post some pics on my thread to answer some of your other questions. As for cup holders in the table I decided against it simple because I didn't want player's chips falling into them. Also I've seen people turn the cup holders turn into little trash cans. The wife won't let me smoke cigars in the house which I respect.

Dinger23, thanks for the reference site - I'll go on there and check it out.

post #25 of 495 Old 10-05-2008, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Some updated pictures from this weekends nightmare...The envirotex didn't take on the bar rail, the drip rail came out sweet but the bar rail looks like crap, I started to sand it down to see what can be done so you may see some white residue in some of the pictures and that's what it is. The copper portion is not done in envirotex yet, this weekend was only to do the bar rail and the drip rail. After I figure out what to do with the drip rail I will start on the top.

It is hard to get the issues I am having on film but here are some close ups of the bar rail and the circles all over it. It was as if the envirotex didn't adhear to it or something.

The drip rail (straight ahead) came out sweet, the residue is dust that you are seeing from sanding the bar rail, but the drip rail is smooth as glass and I am really happy with it. This makes me confident that the bar top (over the copper) is going to look awesome because it's flat. I believe the issues with the bar rail are that it is on an angle and just didn't get evenly coated.

post #26 of 495 Old 10-05-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I decided to add some shelves on the back side of the bar and here is some shots of that, I still have to put the trim piece that goes in the middle on and clear coat the whole thing. This was just going to be drywall and I decided to at least use the space to store some items. I built the bar with 2x8's so I basically have 7 3/4 of depth on each shelf. Good enough for some glasses or shot glasses or something like that. The picture makes it look uneven but it is just the angle that the photo was taken.

post #27 of 495 Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 AM

A dual tap kegerator may be the greatest purchase I have ever made in my life! You will love it..I have the beverage air unit. The only problems I have heard with the Haier is the fact that the the tower is not cooled..so your first beer or so might be a bit foamy.

Be sure to post some pics when it arrives...
post #28 of 495 Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBUNGIE View Post

A dual tap kegerator may be the greatest purchase I have ever made in my life! You will love it..I have the beverage air unit. The only problems I have heard with the Haier is the fact that the the tower is not cooled..so your first beer or so might be a bit foamy.

Be sure to post some pics when it arrives...

JBungie,
I wish I knew now about the Haier and I would have went your route with the Beverage Air brand but I went with the cost factor first, we'll give it a try and see what happens. I already have the tower cooling kit that I want to add on to cool the tower but need to wait to see if I return this unit or not. I can't wait though, I feel like it's college all over again... it's suppose to be here today or tomorrow.

post #29 of 495 Old 10-13-2008, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Not much to update other than the kegerator arrived and trying to set it up. I didn't think I would have such a hard time filling the 5 lb Co2. Nobody around here will just fill it up and I went to 2 different places that do the exchange thing but all they have is the nasty steel ones when I have the brand new aluminum one. Does anyone have any insight on this?

post #30 of 495 Old 10-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Try welding supply shops, theres one a mile off campus here... They love the college kids, I swear we provide 50% of their business (although we have the most cobbled together kegerators you'll ever see). Most of the time they'll be able to fill the tank you bring in without having to swap tanks.

I've also seen people go to places that sell paintball guns, with varied results.

Hey, we're not known as "Madtown" for nothing

EDIT: never thought I'd help a Michigan guy out... especially after that debacle in Ann Arbor... I guess I'll break that rule because A.) your first screen shot is of the Brew Crew, and B.) you need that beer after Toledo ASAP!

PS3: IceBadger
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page