Sliding Projector ceiling mount? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My projector is currently living on a shelf in my den in a very ad-hoc manner. I want to ceiling mount it but I have an issue. My projector doesn't have much zoom, but I like to move it further from / closer to the screen to vary the image size - I move my seating arrangements around a lot based on how many people I have over and sometimes I want a smaller 'screen size.'

Is there any sort of ceiling mount that would allow my projector to slide along some sort of track so I can alter the image size? Or, alternatively, is there any sort of after-market zoom lens I can use?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-27-2009, 01:33 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 611
I think you could configure a sliding ceiling mount with sliding door hardware:

You can buy this kit with up to a 8 ft track:

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/100sd.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Big, I never cease to be amazed!! I don't know if it's that you find an answer or that you take the time to find an answer. Whatever it is, you da man.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-27-2009, 05:18 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 611
I installed a Johnson sliding door mechanism in my basement so I had that track in mind. I Googled "sliding door hardware" took about 45 seconds.

PROJECTS:

post #5 of 11 Old 01-28-2009, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Looks like a great idea! Thanks a lot.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Don't forget to put a stop in it...
post #7 of 11 Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfoo View Post

Or put a parachute on the projector
post #8 of 11 Old 01-29-2009, 07:42 AM

This projector mount has me intrigued. It looks like you could swivel that arm all the way around, forward and backwards movement would give at least a foot difference when it is extended all the way back versus all the way forward. Might not be the "sliding" action you are looking for, but an interesting mount never the less.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfoo View Post

Hahahaha...I don't know why I think that's so funny, but I do...

Frank

Frank Oesterheld
post #10 of 11 Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM

Have any of you tried this as a projector mount? How did you manage the cables and how did you lock the projector in place? I am thinking about using this method for a short throw interactive projector that will move from left to right on the main presentation wall. Ideas??
post #11 of 11 Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by avchic View Post

Have any of you tried this as a projector mount? How did you manage the cables and how did you lock the projector in place? I am thinking about using this method for a short throw interactive projector that will move from left to right on the main presentation wall. Ideas??

Not sure I would want to be sliding a projector and hitting a lock while it is running.. or still hot..

Doug

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page