KEF KHT5005.2 vs. B&W M-1 vs. ??? paired with Denon 3808ci? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-19-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

Continuing on my trek for a new home theatre - small condo living room - I've concentrated my efforts on the receiver and speakers.

I have pretty much landed on a Denon receiver, and given my desire to network all my components (e.g. Samsung Series 8 and PS3 already), I'm strongly considering the 3808ci.

As for the speakers, however, I am a bit more lost and could use your recommendations. I like what I've heard from the B&W M-1 mini home theatre collection (5 LM-1's and an AS-2 sub for $1000), but have stumbled upon a great deal where the 3808ci is paired with the KEF KHT 5005.2 setup (total package of $2,200). Unfortunately, however, I don't appear to be anywhere near a location to listen to these to compare.

That said, in general terms, I'm looking for a good sounding but small "footprint" 5.1 setup for the speakers. I plan to wall-mount all 5 satellites, including near the crown molding for the rear 2, so size is a bit of an issue. If there are other competing products out there that can meet these needs for, ideally, <$1,000, I'd appreciate hearing your recommendations.

Thanks, in advance,
-Mike
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page