Need help!! Just got new house and am not sure how to adjust old speaker config. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-14-2009, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got new house, and HT room is rectangular. The old owner put the tv on the two walls closest to each other, whereas I am moving the tv so that it is in the long end of the room and configuring the room as such. The old owner's system consisted of two in wall speakers at opposite ends of the couch opposite the TV(I assume they were the back surrounds) and two ceiling speakers (they were within two feet of the in wall speakers) Will my theater sound right (I am not an audiophile, just want it to sound decent) if I hook the ceiling speakers up as the Front speakers, and the wall speakers up as the back surrounds? I don't know how to make this work otherwise and I do not have a center speaker. If anyone has any suggestions as to a better configuration using these speaker types, I would appreciate your help... I am completely clueless about this stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's tough to understand this without even the crudest of drawings. Can you do something quick in an image drawing software, or take a picture, to better tell what is going on here. If what I'm picturing is what's there now, then I think you are going to have to make changes.

It may not be all that tough though, depending on which way the wires are running and which way the studs/joists are running in the room.

The above is merely one person's opinion and is probably worth as much as you paid for it.
My Basement HT/Family Hang Out
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page