Well, despite *expletive*-head's attempts at making this HT project more difficult than need be, I did manage to make some progress this weekend. I started on some of the dry-wall patching, got all of the wires run through the ceiling, and I am about ready to do some texturing around where the new ceiling platform for the projo mount is.
Here's the LCR wires and another sub wire running to the front wall. There are no vertical studs, so I can go from here all the way to the left, as far as needs to go for each channel. It actually makes this a little bit easier, but I still have to cut a channel out of the horizontal studs, to get my wires down to the level I need them.
Here's the projo ceiling platform. I cut away some drywall for where the power inlet will mount. I still need to add the corners to the projo platform to make it looks pretty. Then I will add that "trash bag" texture to the platform and around where the power inlet will mount. This should hide any amateur drywalling skills possessed by yours truly.
I don't know if anyone is counting, but that is 3 sub cables I have run so far. I don't plan on having 3 subs but, since they aren't purchased yet, and I don't even have them picked out yet, I figured I would give myself some options. Basically, I could put one in the original location (by the corner of the L couch), I could put one at the front left of the room, and now one at the front right of the room. We will just have to see how things go and what gets purchased. I have no plans for sound treatments at this point, so I'm not sure how picky I am going to get.
Currently, the Ministry of Finance has a hold on the funds needed for speaker purchases. Just as well, I have plenty of little things to work on, oh and I need to build some columns, in addition to my daughter's birthday next weekend and a visit from family. So, I may get a little done this week, but I expect little progress for the next week or so.