To-Be-Named Simple Basement Build - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 185 Old 07-01-2011, 02:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
He's ^ not "checking in" rather he gets an email when someone chimes in on his thread. Dont get too excited as Scott is another one of those AVS friends that we all get to know over the time of their build only to watch them vanish/slip away into the black hole that is a "partially finished theater".

Oh hey Scott whats up my man? How you been?? I'm getting close to column time so I need to see some more work done on yours so that I can steal/borrow your design and call it my own.

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 185 Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In spite of Steve's doubts, I really have done some work. Although it is definitely still partially finished. As is the standard here, the proof is in the pictures. As such, I present...

Here is a shot of the very future wet bar area. As I said before, it has been overrun by my daughter, but I still am trying to hold my ground by putting A Clockwork Orange poster and beer signs in her play area. Father of the year obviously. I threw a cheapo LCD/DVD player on the wall for her to watch Scooby Doo.

Another shot

Yet another

This one shows that the LCD is on an extending pivoting mount so that it can be watched from pretty much any angle in that room.

This is a shot from the theater area looking back at the future pool table area. I have a pool table light installed temporarily as I'm not completely sure where I'm going to have the table placed and I don't want to cut up my ceiling panels until I'm sure, ergo the missing panel. I picked up this light at a garage sale for 20 bucks. The people used to own a pool/hottub/billiards store that went out of business. It was brand new and still had the clearance tag on it from when they were trying to liquidate everything. Clearance price was $150!?!?! Looks like I need to replace the center bulb.

Here is a shot of the nearly completed bar/riser. You can see on the far right that the corner trim doesn't cover the entire length. Poor estimating on my part. I just put that little piece in as a spacer so that I could do the rest of the trim. Some day I will make it to HD and pick up the last few feet that I need.

Another shot of the bar. You can't really tell from the picture, but I have lights under the bar top.

The front of the bar. I've still not bought my second row of theater seating so the couch is holding down the riser for now.

The bartop. Just 12x12 black granite tiles. The quote for a granite slab for the top was north of 500 bucks. Just could not justify it when I got away with this for about 50. You can't really see, but there is an outlet near the top of this picture and I keep the dock for the Hamony 1 and a cordless phone docked here.

The rope lighting underneath the bartop. I turn it on and off with a switch on the far side of the bar.

The riser. I covered the top of it with leftover flooring, but as you can see near the top, I ended up about one box short. Some day I will order another box from Lumber Liquidators and finish it off.

Just a shot of the trim around the top of the riser.

and one of the miter.

A shot of the the two completed columns. I have the base on, but I still need to do chair rail and crown.

One more column to go. I couldn't finish this one when I did the others as I was sure what height it was going to be until I finish the riser and I've not gotten around to finishing it quite yet.

So there you go. Proof of actual work, however the reclining and watching has certainly outpaced the work.
post #183 of 185 Old 07-07-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Cult Daddy,
Hey you came thru - WITH PHOTOS!!
A nice catching up for sure. Not sure how I missed it before - but it appears you have used some cork flooring? Also those rope lights under your bar - I might have to borrow this idea for my drink ledge..

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #184 of 185 Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Good to see I'm not the only one taking months off from a build. The bar looks great, good use of lighting.
post #185 of 185 Old 05-08-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nice job - I'm very impressed. Some of the pictures didn't show up all proper for me, so you'll have to invite me over some time! smile.gif

OK, back to work.

Carl

Carl Fedders
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page