The Beach House Bar Build! Hooray! - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 184 Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That other dog was just so well behaved. Dont get me wrong, I demand my dog be the most obedient. Lots of people just dont care to take the time to train their dogs like they should. This dog seemed to mind a perfect stranger just fine. A refreshing change of pace if I do say so myself.

Yeah, I was pleased with the race outcome. Dario is always a feel good fav. I disagree with you on Helio. I dont want them to say it was just a good car for a few years. Let him struggle for a little while. Maybe after four or five more years I will be glad to see him win the fourth. This years race was EPIC in terms of planning and preperation for the all day event. We were literally the first car in line to enter the track. The cannons went off and the gate opened @ 6. We were in the tunnel and under the track by 6:03 and I had a beer in my hand and open by 6:10! EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way the cornhole boards were a huge hit! Everyone wanted a set.

I will hopefully will have a few more items to hang up in the bar and take pictures of this wekkend. Need to do some spring cleaning for the Fourth of July Party coming up!

I had a thought once... but it got lonely and went away.

The Beach House Bar Build
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1240927
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 184 Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach31684 View Post

This years race was EPIC in terms of planning and preperation for the all day event. We were literally the first car in line to enter the track. The cannons went off and the gate opened @ 6. We were in the tunnel and under the track by 6:03 and I had a beer in my hand and open by 6:10! EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean you don't go to the track until the day of the race? And here I thought you were a serious race fan. Ah well, I guess you can still enjoy the race even if you are only there for the day.

Just kidding!

My parents are serious race fans, and by 'serious' I mean the ones that show up two days before the race in their RV and stay until the day after. They are the ones that sit around eating and drinking after the race; they watch while everyone else sits in traffic for 3 hours while trying to leave the parking lot after the race is over. They like to tease the 'day trippers', and I guess it rubbed off a bit...

Chris

"It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they are big enough, the pain only lasts a second."
--Despair, Inc. "Regret"

My AviaTrix TM Build
post #183 of 184 Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
BEER PARTY, I would assume that your parents are serious about NASCAR racing. I dont think many people do the multi day tailgating for Indy Cars (unless its the Indy 500). The problem with that is at Indy, you cannot park inside the track for multiple days. They do have RV lots, but they are just outside the track, and then we would still have to carry the big a$$ coolers inside the track. And they limit the size of the coolers when you are on foot, but they dont care how big that is as long as its in your car.

Dont get me wrong, I love those people and if I had an RV I would probably do that too. But then I might be single again too.

P.S. I dont get in my car until the trafic is gone. Whats the point? We usually go up into the stands after the race to find a "real" ticket from the grandstands. (the general admission ticket is small and just says "500 mile race" on it). I point and laugh at the idiots that like to sit in track on the way out also.

I had a thought once... but it got lonely and went away.

The Beach House Bar Build
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1240927
post #184 of 184 Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach31684 View Post

BEER PARTY, I would assume that your parents are serious about NASCAR racing. I dont think many people do the multi day tailgating for Indy Cars (unless its the Indy 500).

NASCAR, Indy Cars, what is the difference?

You are correct, they are NASCAR fans. They and some friends follow the races and camp at the track together. They get their tickets a year in advance via subscription and plan the summer around the races (crazy, huh?). I think it is just an excuse to get together and party with their friends; on the other hand they have never needed an excuse in the past...

But in my defense, I couldn't tease you if I had included that little fact...

Chris

"It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they are big enough, the pain only lasts a second."
--Despair, Inc. "Regret"

My AviaTrix TM Build
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page