Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 124 Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Congrats on the various updates,..it's been some time since I've stopped by this particular forum. That Sunfire you mentioned, sounds like a beast! You've mention room acoustics etc; good looking out. I've always had a solid working knowledge of acoustics, and acoustic interaction of audio systems,..as I've been in this hobby for several decades as well as decades involved in performance audio as a FOH engineer. However, the last year I've spent extensively experimenting, learning, and getting as deep into acoustic optimization of the loudspeaker/room interface as I can.

It's great seeing you pursue some type of acoustic treatment. I can not overstate the importance of this, and other simple acoustic optimizing techniques. Enormous gains can easily be had by implementing a logical, and prudent approach to matching the room/speakers/and listening position. I've discovered and verified the many well known approaches to mitigating the nasties that accompany typical rooms. Anyway, as a fellow Hoosier, it's nice to see your focus into the room, and it's significance in the overall scheme of things. It's all about the room, and the manner in which the speakers are optimized relative to the listening position.

A well optimized, yet modest system, will blow away a mega-buck high end playback system in an room with little attention to optimization. That Velodyne EQ, will make a huge difference with regard to impact (tactile chest thump) frequencies. Oftentimes, an un-EQ'd or a sub without ideal EQ'ing will lack the character that many characterize as "slam",...which typically corresponds to chest resonances, etc. Also, taming modal buildup which will dominate the response with "one note bass" type issues. Anyway, I've got a SMS EQ, as well as several other EQ's and it's a superb piece. The remote control of bass EQ makes it a tremendous asset. Every subwoofer system, unless you're outside, benefits significantly from EQ,...you'd love it.

I'd enjoy getting an Indiana based group of enthusiasts together for some casual conversation/fun etc. Is anyone familiar with any HT based, or Audio based groups in the area? I'm in central Indiana as well.

Good luck with your next batch of upgrades
All the best

------------------------------------
Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
------------------------------------
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nice setup Enders... and nice progression to your setup as well. Congrats on your marriage (late as hell) and good luck with the plasma. The wife and I have a 60" plasma in the living room wall mounted over the fireplace and we love it. I love not having to share my 73" mits and the Onkyo/Polk HT almost as much...lol.
post #123 of 124 Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 543
So I just moved over the weekend, so be looking for the New Digs v. 2.0 post shortly. Also am hoping in the next month to get some pretty major upgrads to the HT setup in addition to the ones I have that I probably havent posted .

Will be starting a new thread and posting a new link here.

My Setup

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

post #124 of 124 Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

So I just moved over the weekend, so be looking for the New Digs v. 2.0 post shortly. Also am hoping in the next month to get some pretty major upgrads to the HT setup in addition to the ones I have that I probably havent posted

Will be starting a new thread and posting a new link here.

I finally did get a new thread started. It can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1252178/endersshadows-new-digs/120

My Setup

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page