Projector Mount / HDMI cable recommendations? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any recommendations on ceiling mounts for a Panasonic PT-AE4000? (Preferably black)

I saw the Peerless PRG-UNV was recommended on the PJ thread but curious if others had different opinions.
Also, ran across this Everest mount on another site.

Will most "universal" mounts work for it or do you have to have a particular type?

Do some mounts allow the projector to hang lower than others or do you just buy a pole for the mount (similar to a ceiling fan downrod?) I've heard you want the projector lined up with the top of the screen so wasn't sure how important that feature is. (Ie how far above the top of the screen can I mount the projector without altering the image?)

Also, I'm considering installing the AVR equipment in the front of my media room (space issues in the back). The only thing I'm worried about is the distance I'll have to run HDMI cable. It's looking like a 30-35' cable would be needed. Any recommendations there? I've heard some HDMI cables have trouble with 1080p at that distance. Also, am I better off just doing one long run thru pass-thru plates or making connections at wall plates? Or does it not make any real difference...?
Has anyone used the 90 degree HDMI connectors too? Seems like that would make connections of the cable to the wallplate or projector easier...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have this one from Monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...mat=4#feedback

See this post from a while back. Basically the same things I would say here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17702147

As for HDMI cable, I have a 35' cable from Monoprice and it works well enough. The heavy gauge of the wire makes it very difficult to bend and the wimpy design of the plug that is the HDMI connector is sorely overpowered unless you can run your cables just right.

I would highly recommend getting a set of these (one to put at each end) for your run, they make it easy to hook up the heavy cable to the back of each component:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

-Suntan
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page