Hello everyone, I have been reading AVS for quite some time and wanted to share my latest build with everyone, and hopefully learn along the way.
To start off, it is a rather simple straight foward build, but I plan to implement some gadgetry to make it better than average.
The idea is that it will be a clean, simple, sports oriented build, but still the ability to enjoy a good movie or regular television.Highlights
- One main TV with 3 smaller TVs above
- In-wall Component Shelf/Cabinet
- Tickertape with live betting/score feeds
- Dart Board
- Home Automation (lights, blinds, fireplace, etc.)
- Fridge/Beverage Area
- Large Television - TBD
- Small Televisions (3) - TBD
- Small Television - TBD
- DVD/Blu-ray Player - Samsung BDC5500XAA
- Home Audio System - HTD MCA-66
- Receiver - TBD
- Speakers - TBD
- LED Ticker - 5' Alpha 320C
- Multimedia Server - Custom Build
List of Key Tasks
- Main dimension - 20'x15'
- One small Window - approximately 4'x2'
- Stairs to main level
- Two doors - one for bathroom and one for utility/laundry room
- Remove Dividing Wall
- Renovate Attached Bathroom
- Install and Modify Main/Accent Lighting
- Convert Traditional Log Fireplace to Gas
- Run Cable for All Equipment
- Build-In Wall Component Cabinet
- Configure/Install Equipment
My first attempt on SketchUp - hopefully this will give you all an idea of what it will look like when it is complete. The couch was thrown in there, but looking to get some kind of sectional for the space with recliners, obviously there is no ticker tape, which I plan to put above the TVs. Finally the stairs should be over to the left in that blank space.