Suggestions - DIY rack, MA, Raxxus, etc? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just looking for some general comments and suggestions on what's best for my setup. I've attached a pic

I'm looking to take what's underneath my screen and relocate those components to the right of the screen along the screen wall. I have total of 25" between the right edge of the screen and the adjoining wall. Behind the wall is an unfinished storage area so I will easily be able to access the components. I'm looking at something that will go all the way to the floor.

Here's a list of my components:
  • Denon 4310ci AVR
  • Emotiva XPA-5
  • DirecTV HR20 DVR
  • Oppo BDP-83
  • Onkyo 805 HD DVD player
  • VUDU XL box
  • Cyberpower AVR/Battery backup

So I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go here. I'm not the most handy person around. I have basic tools but the thought of cutting my wall the proper size for a rack has me a little concerned. I've never hacked up a wall before. So I'm thinking the DIY route may be a little over my head. But the cost savings has it as an option. I don't mind to put a little bit of money into something that looks good, however.

I do have a power supply back in the unfinished storage area. But all other wiring (HDMI, electrical, speaker) is centrally located along the screen wall underneath the screen for easy hookup to my current component rack. Any suggestions on rewiring to the new location?

I just would appreciate any help you guys can give me. The "show me your racks" thread has been a great inspiration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In looking further at the MA option, it looks like that will be too expensive, unless I can find a deal on craigslist or ebay or something like that.
What are some lower cost alternatives?
Someone posted about Snap AV but you have to go through a dealer and I can't find any in my area.

I found this in my search yesterday: http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...ponent/CFR127#
What do you think? Big enough to hold my components including blank space for future?

Suggestions? Comments? Please?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-10-2010, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't see anything wrong with that sanus rack. Check this website for more options as well:

http://cableorganizer.com/computer-c...enclosures.htm

For DIY, check out this post and then all the other variations in the the thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post18864120

Basic idea though for DIY, go to homedepot/lowes or where ever and buy the type of shelving you want and use it. Depending on where exactly you want to put the rack, it could be very easy to come up with a DIY solution. Some better pictures of the area might help
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page